Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Caity

I love that you posted this in the comedy section.  :P

Aiden

Greenthorn

Caity

Yeah.. they're not real bears or anything.  :P

Mathim

Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Avi

"Yang Yang was so cute and I just wanted to cuddle him. I didn't expect he would attack."  ... Seriously?  You're a college student... take a class in zoology, idiot.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Sabby

Its very simple guys :) He's of Chinese descent, so the answer is in his DNA. If he were to see a train coming, he would get off the tracks, as logic would dictate. BUT! If the train had been made so the front was a BIG HAPPY CLOUD (:3) then the mind simply registers KAWAII! and normal thinking is pushed aside.

If that had been a black bear, or god forbid a Grizzly, he would have stayed on the other side of the fence and simply watch. But the second his mind registered it was a panda... the KAWAII gene kicks in! :D

The Overlord

Of all the bears, pandas look the most cute and cuddly, but what part of BEAR did he not get? I mean, a few years ago I was within ten feet of a black bear on a darkened road armed with only a flashlight, my wits, and a 55-gallon drum of adrenaline, but I can tell you hugging it at no point entered my mind.

This was almost a Darwin Award.

Quote from: aviationrox on November 22, 2008, 03:02:46 PM
... Seriously?  You're a college student... take a class in zoology, idiot.

Nothing so grandiose...an entry level course in Completely Obvious 101 should have sufficed.

Caity

I had a black bear in my front yard this summer... It didn't occur to me to hug it either.  :P

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on November 23, 2008, 02:01:22 AM
Its very simple guys :) He's of Chinese descent, so the answer is in his DNA. If he were to see a train coming, he would get off the tracks, as logic would dictate. BUT! If the train had been made so the front was a BIG HAPPY CLOUD (:3) then the mind simply registers KAWAII! and normal thinking is pushed aside.

If that had been a black bear, or god forbid a Grizzly, he would have stayed on the other side of the fence and simply watch. But the second his mind registered it was a panda... the KAWAII gene kicks in! :D
The fact you're using Japanese words to describe Chinese genealogy scares me. I've never seen a Chinese person go aw how cute, and I showed them pictures of a puppy and kitten trying to get into the same slipper.

Still. The thing goes have teeth that can shred bamboo. Bamboo! I would be worried about hugging it too. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

To be fair, I've heard of otherwise normal Caucasians who come across a black bear cub and decide it's the perfect photo-op for little Billy - forgetting in their 'KAWAII!*' state that there's a mama black bear nearby.

(*Cultural incongruity intentional)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on November 23, 2008, 11:08:46 AM
To be fair, I've heard of otherwise normal Caucasians who come across a black bear cub and decide it's the perfect photo-op for little Billy - forgetting in their 'KAWAII!*' state that there's a mama black bear nearby.

(*Cultural incongruity intentional)
Hey maybe I just had some Chinese with starch still in them. *Shrug* but they didn't even crack a smile.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Trieste

"Kawaii" has been englicized just as much as schadenfreude and uber, I think. :P

Inkidu

Quote from: Trieste on November 23, 2008, 11:23:09 AM
"Kawaii" has been englicized just as much as schadenfreude and uber, I think. :P
Huh, I wouldn't have thought so. I thought the following was still relatively small. Oh well, no skin of my nose.