Songs That Make You Scream

Started by Malefique, June 16, 2011, 06:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malefique

There's been a lot of internet chatter about the 'worst song ever' and a certain Rebecca Black.  I had the radio on this morning and a song came on which immediately made me cringe, as it always has, and it occurred to me how very unfair the title is to 'Friday'.  It's inane poppy dribble, true (no offence to any fans if such things exist), but no worse to me than any of the inane poppy dribble pumped out by other performers, now and for decades of music recording.  So I'm offering up my candidates for worst song ever, songs which not only are inane but which are musically or verbally repellant or otherwise just plain crap.  Feel free to disagree and add your own.

Pearl's A Singer  This is the one that hit me this morning as performed by Elkie Brooks (once a top ten hit in the UK), and I hate it.  The tune is so dull and infantile, and the lyrics are a perfect match.  'Pearl's a singer, she stands up, When she plays the piano in a night club. Pearl's a singer, she sings songs For the lost and the lonely; Her job is entertaining folks, Singing songs and telling jokes In a nightclub.  Pearl's a singer, and they say, That she once was a winner in a contest.  Pearl's a singer, and they say, That she once cut a record; They played it for a week or so, On the local radio.  It never made it .  She wanted to be Betty Grable But now she sits there at that beer-stained table Dreaming of the things she never got to do, All those dreams that never came true. Pearl's a singer... and repeat chorus again - twice.'    As far as I'm concerned it makes 'Friday' look like 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.   
Killing Me Softly With His Song  I don't like this song when performed by Roberta Flack or The Fugees or anybody else, I just loathe it.  it's just one long whine about how tough life has been and how embarrassing it is to have it laid out in public by this songwriter.  Except he doesn't even know her, and ooh how awful that is, it isn't fair.  All I ever want to do when anybody sings it is shout 'Get over yourself, whinger!'.  And the music is another drab, funeral nothing.  I'm not even going to post the lyrics because they're so trite.
I've Never Been To Me  An anthem to make bored housewives feel good about having no kind of life apart from wife-and-mothering.  Oh, and it's really going to help, isn't it, having some bimbo tell you about all the fabulous places she's seen, and the amazing things she's down, and the celebrities she's screwed, but she'd really love to be just a boring nobody with a baby and a husband she rows with - like you.  Smug asshole. 
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

gaggedLouise

I loathe The Offspring - Self Esteem. The "Ra-La-La-La-Lah" opener has my teeth on edge at once, but frankly I find the entire thing absolutely dishonest - they were just ripping off bands like Nirvana and Mudhoney, turning those bands' expressions of angst and tragedy into cheap stadium-refrains. The singer had a degree in microbiology before he got the band into gear (or even before he started it, I don't recall), that alone would have disqualified him from belting out "I'm just a sucker with no self-esteem" and pose as the voice of a generation.

The whole sound of the track feels dry and puffed-up really - both in studio and live, as in the clip. The type of band that's just formed to cash in on a trend, and which gets signed for the same reason.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Bayushi

Anything by Pearl Jam.

I liked some of their music back when they were still new. Even had tickets to see them in concert in San Diego, only to have them cancel over some flap with Ticketmaster.

My girlfriend and I were really looking forward to that concert.

Nowadays, I can't stand to listen to anything by them, especially their new stuff.

Anjasa

I really hate those popular males-with-soft-voices-singing-about-how-beautiful-a-girl-is.

But Owl City - Fireflies (lyrics) makes my blood boil.

Etheril

Candy Shop by 50 Cent just makes my ears bleed; luckily, I haven't heard it for...six years? Which makes me pleased, but just even thinking about it makes me cry inside.

Braioch

Scream - Avenged Sevenfold

::)

Couldn't help it!

No but really...it did make me scream once, it's my required song-on-your-Mp3-that-plays-unnecessarily-loud-for-no-reason kinda thing. Quietly listening to my Mp3 and suddenly that mofo blasts in my ear -.-

Scared the crap outta me.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Violence

I'm not really sure if I can say that I hate it... but I swear if I hear "White Rabbit" by Egypt Central one more time I'm going to punch a puppy.  One of my radio stations must have a rule that they have to play it about seven hundred times a day, or something... and I always seem to catch it from the beginning, too.  No other sing can I so reliably catch from the beginning... >.>
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Suiko

Technically not a song, but I challenge anyone who can hear that God damn Crazy Frog phone thing and not want to strangle the blasted creature. It was on all the time too, there was no escaping it! And then you'd hear people with it on the street and just... Argh! Getting annoyed just remembering it...
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Inkidu

The Oscar Mayer jingle. My brother knows it too, the bastard... sorry mom. I despise it, especially when they get cute wittle kiddies to sing it. Blech!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Choucho

Anything the jonas brothers right... urgh.... my bff is so in loving with them and it's sick....  :-\
Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
Love is like a butterfly, hold it too tight, it'll crush. Hold it too loose, it'll fly.

Lidian

Every time I hear that "Friday" Song by Rebecca Black. I get borderline physically ill. That has to be the most awful autotuned POS I've ever heard. Also, I used to play the cello, so every time I hear anything that RESEMBLES Pachabell's cannons in D I just get so annoyed and fustrated. It's the worst song to play on the cello EVER.

Oniya

Carol of the Bells, with the exception of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra rendition, which is just awesome.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Carol of the Bells (Live)

See?  Awesome.

Even TSO cannot get me to listen to Für Elise without cringing, though.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lord Pendragon

After 'Friday' that awful song, I think that Kim Kardasian song 'Jam' is pretty ahhhhhhh for me.

Lyron

"Friday" was pretty bad, but not something that's going to make me go berserk when I hear it. There was this one song, but I can't remember what it was called. I think it might've been by the Stone Temple Pilots. All I know is that it had something to do with drugs. It annoyed me so much because I didn't care for the music or the lyrics, and it made it even worse when Y! Radio would try to play it so much.

@Braioch: I was totally getting ready to flip out and be all like "WTF A7x is awesome!" when I saw the album cover, but then I saw what the song was and lol'd.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Syauglan

So far none of the songs make me want to scream. Cringe maybe, but I'm still grinning.

We need to go deeper. Hit below the belt. Here is a song about a place I'd normally be proud of:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZDdcO4_5wA#

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Lyron

Quote from: Syauglan on July 08, 2011, 11:29:49 PM

LOLZ
I saw a lady in a fur coat, so I had to watch it. It was a great way to help start off the morning. ;D

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

meikle

Dean Martin - Baby It's Cold Outside

say, what's in this drink?
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A