Anchor Code?

Started by BAMF, September 06, 2016, 05:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAMF

Using BBC, I'm pretty sure there's an [anchor] tag/code that allows a link to lead to a point further down the page. Is this right? How does the coding actually look? Does it work on E? I seem to remember someone mentioning at some point, but I can't find it now!

This isn't a super need-to-know-right-now thing, but I would like to have a table of contents in the first post in a thread, perhaps & then instead of links to posts further in opening in a new tab, I'd like to be able to jump directly to them.

Thanks!
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

RampantDesires

Yay Anchor Code!

Sometimes it is easier to understand if you quote posts using it. 

Example of Anchor Code in Use

Coding ramble

Define an Anchor point

[anch=What you're naming the location you're anchoring]What you're anchoring it to, generally text or an img or something  [/anch]

Link to your Anchor point later in the same thread (note this has to be on the same page as your anchor point, but not necessarily in the same post)

[link=Name of Anchor Point]Some text or an image, generally that tells where you're taking the person, back to the top, character list, ect and so forth[/link]

Hope it helps!

Anchor code so sexy.

<edited in quick and dirty example of how it's used so people don't have to wade through other thread and texty stuff>

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

BAMF

Oh man. Thank you, Rampant!! <3
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

RampantDesires

No problem.  Sorry if I'm bad at explaining it, but I love chatting about code stuff :D

I'm still kind of getting the hang of it myself  But it is fun to play with!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

BAMF

I think I get it... I'll have to fiddle with it though for sure. :-)
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«