What should I run for y'all?

Started by Rook Seidhr, April 03, 2015, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook Seidhr

I love Nobilis, but the last time I tried to run it was a miserable failure, so I'm a bit shy of it.

I'd gladly play if someone reading this decided to run it though!

Kythia

Man....

I want you to run it for me.  Is there any amount of pouting and sulking that'll get you to change your mind?  Because if there is we might as well just skip to the end and save us both a lot of time and one of us a lot of pouting and sulking.

Rook Seidhr

I put up the games I have ideas for. I don't have ideas for Nobilis right now.

Eh. Pitch me a character in PM, we'll see if it sets me on fire. (Note: 3e, Nobles only)

Kythia

Nah, I'll leave you in peace.  I voted for 20 Vampire purely as the system I know best. 

AndyZ

Let me know if it ends up being M20 or V20.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RubySlippers

He could do a Tremere Only game after all they are vampires and mages (if one studies magic), just an idea.

Rook Seidhr

I think I'm going to close polling tomorrow evening, since I'm impatient. Last chance to vote, ask questions, lobby, whatever!

Meliai

Alrighty, I've already told Riveda that I'll play absolutely anything he runs, but the two I was rooting for are sitting at 3rd and 4th place respectively at the moment so *pout*

Most people who're going to vote have probably already done so, but let me just say:

Traveller -
Fate is a really fun, relatively simple system that lets you make basically any character you can possibly conceive of
It's sci-fi, and sci-fi games are tragically underrepresented on Ell
There are space puppies. They get mad if you call them space puppies, but that's totally what they are.

Blood and Smoke -
Okay, so this is totally a matter of personal preference but I vastly prefer VtR's fluff to VtM's. oWoD vampire has plenty of interesting bits, but the fluff always feels really bloated and overly detailed to me. I was really happy to see they injected some mystery back into the setting in the new version.
Also, Mekhet are neat and I can't play one in Masquerade :( :( :(

Mage -
I did not actually vote for Mage, but I asked Riveda a bunch of questions and whoops it actually sounds super neat~
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Caehlim

Quote from: Meliai on April 10, 2015, 05:20:02 AMThere are space puppies. They get mad if you call them space puppies, but that's totally what they are.

I don't know Traveler or anything at all about it, but I am down for anything in which I can be a space puppy. I don't know what one is but you had me at the name. :D

QuoteOkay, so this is totally a matter of personal preference but I vastly prefer VtR's fluff to VtM's. oWoD vampire has plenty of interesting bits, but the fluff always feels really bloated and overly detailed to me. I was really happy to see they injected some mystery back into the setting in the new version.
Also, Mekhet are neat and I can't play one in Masquerade :( :( :(

As a setting I vastly prefer VtR to VtM as well, I didn't vote for this just because I'm not a big fan of playing vampires. Also I'm not a fan of the new GMC rules, but that's not really a big deal. Don't know the vampire specific changes for Blood and Smoke though.

QuoteMage -
I did not actually vote for Mage, but I asked Riveda a bunch of questions and whoops it actually sounds super neat~

While I'm a bigger fan of nWoD mage by far, all of the mage games have been fantastic. I absolutely adore these games. Needless to say, I voted for Mage.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

wander

Ah, the Vargr... :)
Yeah, I'd probably be shot by a Vargr if I called them a space puppy, I generally played them when I was doing mercenary styled characters, like Jayne. ;D They are pretty cool, but my love is for the Darrians personally, which are totally lanky golden swedish space elves... ^_^

I'd play Traveller honestly using the actual system for it though, as it works as it is, unless the call for using FATE was big enough. If someone was willing to run a game, I'd play Trav... I'd like to play a Scout game as solo tbh if anyone was interested.

My votes went to GMC and Blood and Smoke, as I know nothing of the owod in comparison and I actually own the nwod books to play these games. I don't really want to pay the buck for Vamp 20 or Mage 20 (I would when Wraith 20 comes out though). When nwod Mage 2nd edition comes out, I probably will buy that and play it, as it looks pretty cool though.

Aeons

I was just thinking yesterday about how much fun it would be to play in a Mage-type game, so that was my vote. 

Rook Seidhr

And the winner is M20. It should be out in less than a month, and I'll try to get the interest thread started as soon as possible after that.

Muse

Whoo hoo!  *dances* 

I hope you'll welcome me!  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Amarlo

Well, I wouldn't mind learning this system too :) I've never actually gotten to truly play table top before so I hope you don't mind an extreme newb!

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Muse

Riveda is REALY awesome with this game.  I'd be happy to help you learn, too. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Amarlo

Quote from: Muse on April 11, 2015, 03:31:15 AM
  Riveda is REALY awesome with this game.  I'd be happy to help you learn, too.

Thank you :) Forewarning.. It may be a bit of a headache because I am learning disabled and learning these systems on my own has always turned them into the most bastardized versions possible! I have baffled others with my ability to fuck up everything! :P

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

I am tempted to look into the book if this game happens...

Rook Seidhr

Um. I, uh…wow. So many people want seats at the M20 table when it happens. I'm flattered.

So…just to warn everyone…there will be a metaphorical velvet rope and bouncer. Not first-come-first-served, not at all.

Amarlo

Nevermind, I would probably hinder the game process if I participated. I will just watch :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

Yeah, ditto. Tbh I can't really afford the book on the off-chance of playing one game with it. Good luck with the game when you get it going though, it seems Riveda has quite the rep for being an excellent Mage ST! :)

Right now I'm considering Promethean 2nd edition to be my next big wod purchase.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: wander on April 17, 2015, 01:37:30 AM
it seems Riveda has quite the rep for being an excellent Mage ST! :)

*takes antihistamines to keep his head from swelling*

Rook Seidhr

Because I'm so eager for this game to start, I've created a request thread even before M20 comes out! (Should be next month sometime I'm thinking.)