Finis Dierum (Recruiting, Never enough people)

Started by KingBear, October 21, 2012, 09:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingBear

So I've noticed some of these threads start with an RP, others just delve in and others find a way to entice people with fancy offerings of technology. Personally, I will let my words and the game do the recruiting.

The game is called Finis Dierum, it is Latin for The End of Days. Picture a modern day New York with Shifters, Vampires and Demon Possessions. These creatures are hidden from the world but whisperings talk of their actual existence. Each creature has been set out with their own lore and back story. They have weaknesses that make sense and a few that dont. While creating this with 2 other friends of mine, we tried to create an actual WORLD for people to explore and take part in.

It is called Finis Dierum because the mission of one of the three factions in the game is to bring about the end of the world as we know it. So this game is for fans of a Modern Setting, Modern Pre-Apocalypse setting and Post-Apocalypse setting. The game style is different, think of a story unfolding with multitudes of mini RPs to develop characters and keep people entertained.

As the GM of the game, I will be a player as well as a tinkerer. I will throw a curve ball at the group to change things up a bit and give people something to react to if they so choose. The game has an unlimited number of open slots, people can take on any role they like within reason. The only thing I request is for people to PM me the profile from the Character Sheet thread below.

Any questions or comments. Please feel free to post them here. It may bring me to add stuff to this post.
Ons and Offs/Honey and Bees
Meet Bear! He is awesome!
These are current and past RPs I'm in.
I can be your play thing, I can be the best bed mate you've ever had.
I can be loving and sweet, I can be cruel and distant.
I can be yours or not.
A/A Hibernation time!

AribethAmkiir

Interesting.  Question: Is it a group game or a game with a bunch of individual stories?

You say, "The game style is different, think of a story unfolding with multitudes of mini RPs to develop characters and keep people entertained."  Which leads me to believe it's the later.  If that's the case do you plan on everyone writing in the same thread or will each "mini RP" have it's own, within what's permitted by the site?

KingBear

That's a good question and I'm glad you asked. To answer the first part, it is both. There will be the individual stories but there will also be things that everyone can get involved in.

To the second question.. For now we may have to stick to the same thread. The site rules say that a game needs 1000 posts before it can move to Extreme Large Groups. I have a somewhat basic system worked out for people to find their games easier. I can't think of another way right now, really.

Hopefully that answers your questions. If now, feel free to beat me for further explanation. Or ask any other questions you may have. Thank you for showing interest.
I can be yours or not.
A/A Hibernation time!

AribethAmkiir

Each game also gets so many threads depending on the number of players participating.  Depending on the number of players you could have a dozen different threads or more without having "Big Game" status.  Although multiple threads create a headache to manage.

KingBear

Yeah I dont know if I can handle running too many IC threads. For now I like the system I have set but I may change it if it gets too much for the members. However, honestly, the main goal of this is to make it onto the "Large Groups" area. Then I can get this organized much better and do so many more things with it.

Sorry it took me so long to reply.. I've been dealing with a lot of RL stuff as well as trying to work.
I can be yours or not.
A/A Hibernation time!

AribethAmkiir

I hear you.

Haven't checked today but the only information I could find was on The Kindred.  I understand you're working and RL isn't cooperating, so I suspect it's still a work in progress, but I just wanted to ask if there was info on the other factions or if I'm mistaken in thinking that there's more than simply the Kindred.

KingBear

The only reason the only thing you found was about the Kindred is because there isnt anybody else in the other factions yet. I could go and find pictures and whatnot of their various aspects but I'd rather wait for someone from that group to help me with that. However, in the main OOC thread, each faction has a little bit about it there. The thing you saw in the Character Sheet thread was just something I made for The Kindred because Bear is a House Leader.

To make it a bit easier. This is for the three factions. It shows you their ranks and a little backstory on them. And this is The House of Honor, specifically created by me to show people one of the Dens in The Kindred. Hopefully the links dont get annoying.

Do you think I should do something for The Inquisition and The Order of the Eye as well? Like find a picture of where I think their people would stay and type up a bit about the building?
I can be yours or not.
A/A Hibernation time!

AribethAmkiir

No, your first post is just a little misleading. Seemed logical that all of the Factions iinfo would be located from the link that says "Faction Info".

KingBear

I'll look into fixing that. Thank you for the comment on that.
I can be yours or not.
A/A Hibernation time!

Holly Marlow

I don't live in darkness. I revel in it.