Players needed! For a RP set in the Strike Witches Universe. (Always recruiting!

Started by Mac84, September 10, 2011, 07:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

Sessha

Name: Juri Tomonaga
Sex: F
Nationality: Fuso Empire
Physical Description:  Juri is of average height for a Fuso witch with long dark hair that went to just past her shoulders. She generally wears the priestess outfit that most of the army witches wear. 

Demeanor: Juri is a bit of a spitfire but she will hold her tongue when need be. She a generally likeble girl
Background:
Rank/Occupation:  Flight Lieutenant/Striker Witch

(Witches Features)

Abilities: Juri has extremely powerful shields

Weapon:  Type 99-2-2 Machine gun and a Katana

Striker Unit: Mitsubishi A6M3 Zero

what animal traits do you display when using magic.: Juri displays a Kestrel when she uses her magic.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Mac84

Chaeronea

Male player here with pretty much zero experience playing a female character, but seeing as I'm a fan of the Strike Witches anime I might as well cut my teeth on this game. Question - someone had listed a Kiwi (New Zealand)for their character on this thread. Are they still playing? Either way, would there be room for an Australian strike witch in this crew? I'd kind of like to play an Aussie as I'm one IRL.

Mac84

Hello Chae.

Yeah, our kiwi player is still around.

I have no problem with you playing an Aussie. I welcome all players.

I'll pm you later today with details.  ;D

Sessha

Major Major

Quote from: Chaeronea on October 28, 2012, 01:56:30 AM
Male player here with pretty much zero experience playing a female character, but seeing as I'm a fan of the Strike Witches anime I might as well cut my teeth on this game. Question - someone had listed a Kiwi (New Zealand)for their character on this thread. Are they still playing? Either way, would there be room for an Australian strike witch in this crew? I'd kind of like to play an Aussie as I'm one IRL.

Ahoy there bro. You need any help making a character?

Chaeronea

Quote from: Major Major on October 29, 2012, 03:07:21 AM
Ahoy there bro. You need any help making a character?

Not at the moment, Major, but thanks for the offer. I've got some ideas and just have to mull over a few.

By the way, I notice we've got several witches with attack magic but do we have any healers? I was going to base my character's Striker unit on the P-40 Kittyhawk, which was used pretty extensively by the RAAF in World War 2. The P-40 wasn't the fastest or the most agile plane but it was tough and enduring, so I was thinking of having my character with fairly strong shields and a lot of endurance and range. If she can do that for herself, that would tie in with the idea of her being a healer (able to use her healing abilities to augment herself).

Thoughts, anyone?

Mac84

At the Moment we don't have anyone particularly specialized in Healing. The closest we have is Jenna Doolittle whom is an Empath/Shaman. So a Healer would be welcomed.

As for the P-40 based Striker. The series showed that Lynn Bishop landing on the Yamato and she had Supermarine Spitfire strikers. A Land based Fighter, so I don't see why a P-40 based fighter couldn't be done. Paula Tibbets's striker is based on the B-29 Superfortress.

Sessha

Yeah we could definetly use a healer or someone who speclizes in the use of shields. As far as the P-40 Warhawk is concerned it's perfectly doable. In fact one of the witches in the Sumouse Misfits Squadron light novel series uses a Brewster Buffalo awhile so a P-40 isn't out of context. Heck we have one character who's useing a pair of Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIs.

Major Major

So, any ideas on the Ace you're going to use as the model, Chae?

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Chaeronea

Quote from: Major Major on October 29, 2012, 11:31:16 PM
So, any ideas on the Ace you're going to use as the model, Chae?

I've got a couple of Aussie aces in mind to base the character off, Major. The question is, how closely does the character have to be to their historical inspiration in terms of personality? Are our characters meant to be gender-flipped younger copies of the oriignal, or are we just using feminine forms of the names and everything else is an OC (Original Character)?

Sessha

Eh you can if you want to but you can make their personalities whatever you want. I mean my character Jenna Doolittle is nowhere  near what the orginal Jimmy Doolittle was like, nor is Izumi Yamamoto like her counter-part Isoroku Yamamoto in real history. So if you want to you can but you don't have to.  :-)

Mac84

Positions still open for witches. Could use a "Yoshka Miyafuji" type (Healer) character. :D

Sessha

Here's hoping somebody might be out there looking for a game to play in.

Mac84

Positions always open for Witches, and other crew members. :D

Come on in, we won't bite. (Unless you want us too. ;) )