The Children of Yggdrasil [EX] - A psychological mind thriller

Started by Esoteric Myobi, February 25, 2012, 12:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DudelRok

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on February 26, 2012, 10:45:32 AM
That is the exaclty the character concept I was wanting to avoid. Enjoy your game.

If that's how you feel. No hard feelings... feel free to create a different character. You can join at any time.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Esoteric Myobi

Remi, thanks for clarifying for us -- approved!

Dark, (May I call you Dark, or would you prefer something else?) teddy bears? I love it, how could I not? Also approved!
-wraps arms around Dark and squuuueezes tight as she begins making him into her teddy-

LM, I'm sorry to see you go, but as Dudel said, you're always welcome back. :-)

By the way, approved characters are listed at the end of the first post. We also have banners and buttons available for those of you who would like to link them in your signature.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Lady Kitsune

Name:Winter Redgrave, a.k.a, Sugar

Personality Traits: Temperamental – sweet one minute, caustic the next.  May be due to her split personality. Inattentive- she always seems to be listening to music in another room.  Secretive- she seems to hide things and does not like to share everything she may know about herself or others.

Fears: dogs, being helpless, mirrors

Lifetime Dreams: She dreams of being writer, someone to love her and where the voices come from – are they her split personalities or something else?

Crime Committed: She is in therapy for the murder of her father and a few other murders.

Addendum: Sugar suddenly found herself huddled in the corner of her kitchen her clothes in shreds and holding a butcher knife.  Her hair, which had been light brown was now a pure white which no dye would take to.  After wondering about this, she looked to see her father laying dead on the floor.  He was practically eviscerated with numerous stab wounds. A voice told her it would be okay and then darkness.  The next thing she knew, it was days later and the voice was telling her wait for a woman to leave her office.  Darkness again and she was standing over the woman with a bloody knife in hand.  The voice soothed her and told her it was okay.  It was necessary for her safety.  After the third and fourth death, the police finally caught up to her.  She was put in the group at the behest of someone higher up.  She now questions the voice to a degree, as she wants to know why she had to kill those people.  Who were they to her that they had to die so she could be safe?

I am working on it, I swear!

DarkWorld0BrightHope

I have absolutely no problem with Dark, as it is sans the complexity of other shortenings of the username and isn't as off sounding as being called 0(h) or Zero. I had hoped the both would enjoy a somewhat more amusing quirk as that one.

Will be interesting to see how you manage to use what little is given in an attempt to drive the character to madness. Such... torture is... a very welcome change of pace.
Looking for writing prompts, 500-1000 words. Will do one a day.

WendySlaveGirl

I slightly tweaked my character, mostly adding more detail to some elements of her sheet and a couple of new fears/dreams.

DudelRok

Lady Kitsune: Love it!

Quote from: WendySlaveGirl on February 26, 2012, 05:37:26 PM
I slightly tweaked my character, mostly adding more detal to some elements of her sheet and a couple of new fears/dreams.

Looks good! A little more never hurts, and those add-ons really play to the game's theme.

I AM THE RETURN!

WendySlaveGirl

Quote from: DudelRok on February 26, 2012, 05:48:54 PM

Looks good! A little more never hurts, and those add-ons really play to the game's theme.

Thank you. I tweaked it a bit again and added to the addendum, explaining her look and that she is not a Goth in the depressing, dark sense but more in that she just enjoys dressing that way and it makes her feel sexy.

Esoteric Myobi

May I have some Sugar please? Pretty, pretty please? I swear I won't bite, even if she tries to stab me. ::)

Dark, I'm glad you're looking forward to the game. ;D I certainly hope that we live up to your expectations!

Wendy, new changes look good. Feel free to continue editing as you like, just continue keeping us up to date as well. :-)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Lady Kitsune

Quote from: Remiel on February 25, 2012, 07:01:50 PM
See, for me, it's all about the seduction.  All she has to do is bat those big brown eyes and make a pouty face, and I'm putty in her hands.

Ah yes, she bats her big brown eyes and I want to do terrible thi-....er...yeah!

Quote from: DudelRok on February 26, 2012, 05:48:54 PM

Mmm, I aim to please.    ;)

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 26, 2012, 06:50:38 PM
May I have some Sugar please? Pretty, pretty please? I swear I won't bite, even if she tries to stab me. ::)

Only if Sugar is on top!  :P

-There is no difference between writing and murder because it is all in the details.
I am working on it, I swear!

Love And Submission

Name:Nigel "Ness" Wright
Personality Traits:  Foolish  , Astute , Nervous
Fears: (list at least 3) Ghost , Fire , Theme Park mascots
Lifetime Dreams:   Getting Another Job , Have a  Serious Relationship an finding Inner Peace.
Crime Committed: (what they did to end up in therapy)  After successively  defending a  top 500 CEO of murdering husband   and son , Ness is said to  have murdered her in cold after finding out she actually guilty of the crime. He was subsequently fired from his Law Firm.
Addendum: (anything else important, such as history, keep it short and concise please) As well being a Lawyer , Ness has a strange collection of knowledge of pop culture. He also owns a large collection of Science Fiction Memorabilia.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

DudelRok

Seems okay to me, DTW. And Myobi's given me the nod that she's cool too.

Welcome aboard.

I AM THE RETURN!

Miss Lilly

Hi Myobi and Dudel!  *waves and hugs*

You've piqued my interest...I've never had the opportunity to play really dark game, so it's intrigued me!  Quick question, though...the crimes the characters have committed to wind up in therapy....do they remember committing them?  Or are they, like in the intro post, oblivious to what they've done?
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name:Kenzie Autumn
Personality Traits: Energetic, Curious, Open (depends on context, can seem honest or blunt)
Fears: Losing her piercings (comes from a fear of absolute nakedness), being scarred or permanently injured, extremely enclosed spaces, extremely barren and wide open spaces.
Lifetime Dreams: To have a relationship (with one or more people), to know someone like herself, to be free (physically, psychologically)
Crime Committed: Two assaults, and an attempted murder. Broke a burglar's arm, and beat him severely when her apartment was broken into, despite not being threatened, or feeling threatened. Chased and beat severely a man she suspected of being a burglar two weeks after her first incident. In the last incident, about one week later, she tossed a man down the stairs in her building, and was choking him to death when she was finally stopped. In all cases she experienced a black-out during the attack.
Addendum: Adheres to a form of radical honesty. She always tells the truth, even if it seems blunt or rude. Quite physically skilled at climbing, as an acrobat, navigating her environment, and has training and experience in martial arts.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Esoteric Myobi

-squees- Lily~! -hugs and snuggles-

To answer your question, it really depends and you can make use of it however you want. Some people may hear the voices and know (and remember) that they're hearing them, but think that they're just going crazy or something. Some may hear the voices and insist its not theirs, though no one believes them. Some may hear and think they're their own thoughts (conscience?) since the voices are continually conflicted. Some may remember the crime, some may blank out and 'wake up' later on and not realize that anything out of the ordinary had occurred. We left it open for players to tweak to their hearts' content, but of course, if anything seems like it needs a bit of help to fit into the game better, we will poke you about it. ;D

Peace, Kenzie looks good to me, shall stick you into approved characters after Dudel's had a chance to check her out. :-) I'd only ask that you please elaborate a bit more on the crime committed and if there was any particular reason behind it.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Miss Lilly

Ah...I get it now. I've got a character half worked out in my head...I'll see if i can get a CS together tomorrow!
Visit Lola's!

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 27, 2012, 08:32:03 AM
Peace, Kenzie looks good to me, shall stick you into approved characters after Dudel's had a chance to check her out. :-) I'd only ask that you please elaborate a bit more on the crime committed and if there was any particular reason behind it.

I elaborated a bit. It was part vigilantism and part crazy, but she doesn't remember doing it.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

DarkWorld0BrightHope

This is going to be fun... might need to make room on my planner for this. I like the possibilities I see before me.
-shoos plot bunnies in a big bucket-
I swear though it would be unfair if my guy had to somehow make a teddy bear pastrie just to survive.
Looking for writing prompts, 500-1000 words. Will do one a day.

Esoteric Myobi

Looking forward to seeing it, Lily. ^^

And that looks awesome, Peace. Love how you incorporated theft and some unfortunate burglars in there.

Dark, you're trapped in a run down bakery. You can't go outside, it's too dangerous, but you're running low on supplies and the nearest safe spot is too far from your current location. Your stomach growls and demands to be fed. Rummaging through the pantry you find some flour, sugar, eggs, and milk that's about to expire. Just enough to bake yourself one small cake. Yet peering in the oven you find that there's only one baking pan...and it's a teddy bear mold.

-cue creepy music, dun dun dunn-

Okay, I'll stop being silly now. :P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

DudelRok

PeacethatPowerbrings: Solid. I fully intend to push her into a few fights, too. :O

Lilly: In addition to what Myobi said, characters can also not care.

Quote from: DarkWorld0BrightHope on February 27, 2012, 11:42:19 AM
This is going to be fun... might need to make room on my planner for this. I like the possibilities I see before me.

Don't worry too much. We wont be expecting anyone to jump up and throw their other games to the wind for us. The game is very fluid. We'll work with how many people posted etc, when we are moving things along.

Unless players are inactive, characters will be assumed "still there."

I AM THE RETURN!

Miss Lilly

Name:  Alice Beaumont
Personality Traits:  Quiet, withdrawn, unsure
Fears:   Her husband, getting fat, seaweed
Lifetime Dreams:   Seeing her son graduate college, getting away from her husband, finding herself again
Crime Committed:   Stabbing her husband 47 times
Addendum:   Alice met Dean in college.  They got married when she was 20, and she has spent the past 15 years under his tyranical rule.  She was never able to reach his exacting standards in anything she did, from the way she kept the house, to her weight.  Despite being almost unhealthily thin, he would constantly accuse her of being fat and lazy.  The only shining light in her life is her 12 year old son, Anthony, who she always tried to shield from the worst of his father.  Although Dean never struck her, he subjected her to years of emotional and psychological abuse.  The man who, to the outside world, was a pillar of the community, was quite the monster in his own home.
Visit Lola's!

DudelRok

For anyone using that banner-button... deal... there's a smaller one.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:ChildrenofYgg5tweak_small.jpg

I didn't realize Myobi wanted the "banner" as a button, else I would not have made it so big. XD *thought it was to be put at the top of RP threads*

Lilly: Oh, interesting. I think we shall have to find an excuse to go near ocean front property. ;)

I AM THE RETURN!

Niferbelle

Name: Phaedra Leitner
Personality Traits: Repressed, Detached, Intelligent
Fears: Finding out she really is soulless. Ending up like her mother, abandoned and alone and so buried by crushing bitterness that even the relief of fantasy is lost to her. Being without her virtual game world.
Lifetime Dreams: To truly be Phaedra Shadowplay. To see anarchy released on what has become the stultifying reality of humanity. To find someone who is a kindred spirit.
Crime Committed: She pulled a knife on a man she'd been making out with in a club and tried to slash his neck open with a knife. The wound was superficial, the authorities were called and when they arrived she declared to them that she was Phaedra Shadowplay, and that she hadn't meant to kill the guy, just drink his blood. She was taken to holding where she seemed to regain her senses and tried to claim that it had all been some kind of sexual vampire roleplay, that the guy had misunderstood etc. Unfortunately, nobody was buying it.
Addendum: Phaedra was a mid level bureaucratic who spent her days defending mindless red tape against the masses. She worked in a virtual office where she was forced everyday to deal with the disgruntled and the sometimes genuinely oppressed and though nothing ever cracked her cool and professional facade, she increasingly began to believe that she had become part of a soulless bureaucratic machine that is slowly squeezing the life out of humanity. In response, she retreated deeper and deeper into her virtual world games, taking on the persona of an unlikely freedom fighting vampire named Shadowplay who never missed an opportunity to oppose 'The Man'. There is a history of mental illness in her family and what's begun to occur is that Phaedra occasionally has psychotic breaks where she believes that Phaedra Leitner isn't real but merely the alter ego of Phaedra Shadowplay which allows her to blend into society to conceal her true nature. This isn't a case of multiple personality. She doesn't ever believe she's two different people but basically fantasy and reality flips in her head and as Phaedra Shadowplay she has the capacity to become quite dangerous though for now it has almost a comical aspect to it.

Esoteric Myobi

Lily -- approved!

Niferbelle, Phaedra looks great. Only change would be that I'm not sure if you've listed more than one lifetime dream? It seems like one to me, but correct me if I'm wrong. ;D

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Miss Lilly

Visit Lola's!

Niferbelle

Sorry about that, I meant to go in and retweak the drams thing before I posted and forgot. I went ahead and edited to clarify on the sheet I previously posted.