Star Wars Imperial Revenge [UN]

Started by WyldRanger, January 05, 2009, 09:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldRanger

This is just a preliminary idea I've had floating around for a while.

We've all seen the depictions of the X-Wing pilots, especially those in Rogue Squadron, but how about their adversaries.

The Imperial Pilots, and with that I was thinking a wonderful time period is just after the Battle of Yavin seeing as it could be rife with betrayals and forbidden alliances.

So, anyone up for a discussion, hopefully resulting in a good free-form game?

StarkDublin

hmm an interesting Idea you have there...You have peeked my curiosity...
It takes armies to control the world...And one man to make it all fall...Am I that man...

Ons and Offs

PhantomPistoleer

If this were a game using Star Wars: D20 Revised rules, I'd be in.  I would KILL (and I mean it!) to be in pilot game.

Of course, it's improbable that a pilot game could be made using the D20 rules and for it to rock.  :<  I've seen comprehensive rules for naval battles made specifically for boards, but the simulations utilize starships, not starfighters.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

StarkDublin

never played that but sounds like fun
It takes armies to control the world...And one man to make it all fall...Am I that man...

Ons and Offs

Idej

Well, if the theme is playing the enemies of Rogue Squadron.  Why not choose one of the elite Tie Squadrons to be part of.

181st Squadron

Onyx Squadron

Black Squadron

128th Squadron

SAGA Edition is what I think would be really handy to use if you wanted to make it a system game.

Plus, if you have Starships of the Galaxy you already got most of the Tie variants that the Empire created.

WyldRanger

Thanks for the interest guys.

I wouldn't necessarily see this group battling with Rogue Squadron actually. I wanted this to be a conglomeration of personalities and such. Maybe even an imperial group filled with misfits and other undesirables of the new order who while aware that the rebellion exists is so downtrodden that they don't believe it would help them. Of course with them being imperial I think everyone should be human (though in this case females will definitely be allowed ;) )

Plus, I don't have much experience with D20 systems *and none with the Star Wars D20 system* so it would be more of a free-form floating style game. Though I don't have to necessarily need to run this game, I just thought the idea was kinda cool ;)

PhantomPistoleer

It would be neat if there was an active mapping system.  Like a grid, right?  A grid where a GM could distribute little widgits for people to manipulate.  If there was a grid that we could use to simulate combat, I would TOTALLY run a D20 SW IMPERIAL campaign.

But of course, it's hard to get people rolling their dice.  I'm not particular to the dice system utilized here.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Idej

I wouldn't mind GMing either.  And it doesn't matter if it is free-form or d20 RCRB (Revised Core Rulebook) or d20 Saga Edition.  Two books bearing the same name in both versions that would be good to have would be the Core Rulebook and Starships of the Galaxy.

PhantomPistoleer

Idej,

You mean to tell me... that you would run... a D20 Revised Star Wars... Imperial Starfighter Pilot Game... ::blinks::

What would starting level/stats/credits be?  And would we be using TIE Interceptors?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Idej

Yes, I wouldn't mind.  It all depends on what everyone wants to do first though.

What system does everyone want to use?

PhantomPistoleer

D20 Revised, LVL 9, Gestalt optional, Humans Only, 30 point buy, 10,000 credits, full HP, Free Items: TIE Interceptor, Armored Flight Suit and service pistol (Heavy Blaster).

I'm not particular.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Idej

Well, lets just wait and see what everyone else wants.  Plus, I am going to need to dig out Starships of the Galaxy again, wherever I put it at.

WyldRanger

Feel free to take the idea, it's not that unique to me and if you get enjoyment out the game so much the better! :)

I have to admit, once again, that I'm not familiar enough with the D20 system. It's been 5 years  :o  since I played in a D20 game.

Idej

If you have any of the products feel free to join in if you wish.  I hate to take someone's idea and not let the one who came up with to enjoy it.

WyldRanger

Don't worry about me, I have enough to occupy my time right now anyways. And besides, as long as someone enjoys the idea, let them run with it. :)

Idej

Are you sure?  I just want to double check before I decide to run with this idea.

WyldRanger

I'm prefectly sure! Have fun with it! :)

Idej

Okay, it is official then.  I, Idej shall take the reins of GMship for this campaign.;)

Okay here is what we are going to do.

RCRB rules

7th-level

32-point buy

10,000 credits

Bonus items:  Armored Flightsuit, service pistol (standard blaster pistol), and for now, a TIE Fighter.

PhantomPistoleer

Wait, wait, IDEJ!  Don't start this campaign up just yet.  ^)^

Me and Vandal are working up something really good.  Permission to PM, Captain!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Idej

Zaer Darkwail

Is there spot for this game? Not idea of the rules besides core book ones (no extra books nor sources). Not even udnerstanding the RCRB rule sentence :P. But I am Star Wars fan and I like the concept of the game.

Idej

The concept is slightly changing, but for the most part this concept is going to be only a fraction of what Pistoleer and Savage want to do.  Feel free to PM them and get the information of what they want to do.