Rifts.

Started by Muse, January 13, 2006, 11:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Just a suggestion but for new rifts GMs I always recomend you keep the usable resources small and to something your familiar with. For instance say nothing out of the core book, or maybe core and Triax only if you were doing an NGR based game.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Celestial Goblin

Yes, i'll stick with the corebook and some rules from the campaign. Basically i'd prefer players to use the corebook stuff only. Equipment from others could be discussed, but with moderation.
I'd prefer the chars being mobile and elastic, basically they should have no problem entering burbs and sneaking into chi-town on counterfeited papers, able to take care of themselves in wilderness and preferrably not lugging too much gear. Power armour could be problematic, cause i can't guarantee a glitterboy or coalition pilot he'll always get to use his toy. Of course it's all to agree upon, if you want, the party can be a military unit and such problems will dissapear.

Brandon

Military is ok with me but freelance is just as good. I do like the idea of playing a CS ranger or special forces unit out to do search and destroy missons. The brainwashing they've gone through makes things intersting IMO
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Zakharra

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 15, 2006, 02:31:45 PM
As for now, i've read trough the 'coalition wars:sedition' scenario and like it a lot. Full scale face-off between fascists with technology and demon summoning magicians was really what i was looking for.
When i turn on some Iron Maiden songs, it really seems to make sense in a realistic way, it's all like it should be...

"There they go, teleported on a hill of overturned runestones, good glance at the platoon of black-clad coalition grunts and their spider warmachine. Making a fat sizzling lightning bolt drop on them is just the beggining, soon the clear sky is twisted into a physics-defying whirlwind, the machine limps with one foot melted away and a lone surviving dead-boy runs away.
As much as Magnus would delight to have Morrigan give the spider tank another smile, barking of those who smelled the magic from across the field is much more of a concern. Marco's goggles adjust their sights on the first dog-boy, a hulking bulldog hybrid who barks an encouranging battlecry, runed parts of his bronze machine gun move... At the same time the quiet, shy Georginia completed her transformation and a puff of sulphur escapes her nostrils.
To the grav-bikers flying overhead, it's not even the primary target, as in the distance the horizon is lighted up by a ley-line growing in power. Their names are Astaroth, Loki and Shub-Niggurath, and summoning them was deemed by the Tolkeen council as nessesary evil."
*giggle*

*Vietman* "I'm sorry sir. We had to destroy the village to save it from the Cong. Yesssir. The operation was a total success. The enemy was completely wiped out."

*coughs*  :P

I like the idea of RIFTS, but I only have oine PC in that system. A dark elf Leyline Walker. I like playing her alot. Unfortunately, I don't have any books, so I'd need help to change anything about her or to roll up a new PC. I'm willing to play if anyone can get one running.

Siegfried

I've got more books than I can shake a stick at.  I wouldn't mind helping the GM in any way, but I would prefer not to GM alone because I have no experience in that manner.
As for the character classes, what about playing as one of the Psychic's?  The Dead Heads use them as well.

Muse

Celestial Goblin, does that mean I have to come up with something other than an Atlantian Undead Hunter?  I can certainly do it, but I'd probably wind up coppying a charecter from Rpol. 

Also, what level? 

<--has a thing for Psi Swords.  Or, in the case of this gal, whips. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ajoxer

Could go for that ridiculous Sword-Whip of Ivy's, from Soul Calibur...
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Celestial Goblin

Psychics, sure. You'd all start at level 1 i guess, though i could agree that those who'd play the weaker types would start higher. I have the atlantean book and i can allow the hunter, as well as the plasma whip from it or some other kind of fancy whip. It would be easier to stick to the main book, though, so if you're willing to be a cyber knight, go right ahead. Dark elf leyline walker would perhaps conflict with the CS guy, unless it would be a CS guy who has reasons not to shoot her on sight, which i'd prefer.
If no one would change his mind, the party would look the following:
Ajoxer - Crazy
Guardianangel - CS special forces
Zakharra - Dark elf ley line walker
Siegfried - CS psychic
Muse - Atlantean undead hunter or cyberknight

That would mean a party not needing to fear a couple of Pecos or a stray deamon.
I'm planning to start you in the first phase of the war, way before the sorcerers revenge.
Both CS would be trying to take Zakharra's magic user hostage, Muse's char would likely to just wander in, and the crazy could either be the the ley walker's bodyguard, Muse's companion or merc for CS.
Of course events would require you to join forces, at least temporarily.

Muse

Okay, this looks like fun, new concept.  Dame Stessana Eidolon, Cyber-Knight, philosipher, and historian (Which means not only rescuing damsels in distress, but also poking through ruins in search of pre-rifts artifacts.) 

Her most prized posession other than her knighthood, a pre-rifts coppy of Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nitzche. 

And I rolled scarily for her too, 2 23s and a 4. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Celestial Goblin

Cool, we'll have a lot fun with her, but what do you intend for the Achilles's heel? 4 in attribute?

Muse

Speed, very easy to raise through training.

Celestial Goblin

Ah yes, running skill itself gives a decent boost.
Say, the CK are mentioned to have 'cyber-armour', but i can't find it nowhere in the book, is it an add-on to the normal armour?

Natalie C. Barney

Well I might play I miss Palladium but have little RIFTS experience but played Robotech and other systems. Are there any simple OCC types that would be good?

Maybe a unmodified merc with power armor [not a mec but maybe a 10' tall power suit they must have them] and MDC weapons especially a BIG GUN. A big two handed heavy nasty gun she can nickname! hahahahahahaha

Basically I don't want to do more than blow things away with extreme prejudice with somebody else deciding when to do it. Maybe some mechanical training to fix the armor and a few hobbies.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Zakharra

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 22, 2006, 11:43:40 AM
Psychics, sure. You'd all start at level 1 i guess, though i could agree that those who'd play the weaker types would start higher. I have the atlantean book and i can allow the hunter, as well as the plasma whip from it or some other kind of fancy whip. It would be easier to stick to the main book, though, so if you're willing to be a cyber knight, go right ahead. Dark elf leyline walker would perhaps conflict with the CS guy, unless it would be a CS guy who has reasons not to shoot her on sight, which i'd prefer.
If no one would change his mind, the party would look the following:
Ajoxer - Crazy
Guardianangel - CS special forces
Zakharra - Dark elf ley line walker
Siegfried - CS psychic
Muse - Atlantean undead hunter or cyberknight

That would mean a party not needing to fear a couple of Pecos or a stray deamon.
I'm planning to start you in the first phase of the war, way before the sorcerers revenge.
Both CS would be trying to take Zakharra's magic user hostage, Muse's char would likely to just wander in, and the crazy could either be the the ley walker's bodyguard, Muse's companion or merc for CS.
Of course events would require you to join forces, at least temporarily.

Cool. You running the game CG? I'll find and send you her profile and bio. We'll need to pare her down to 1 level again, but that should go fairly easily I think, with your help.

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on January 22, 2006, 01:00:51 PM
Maybe a unmodified merc with power armor [not a mec but maybe a 10' tall power suit they must have them] and MDC weapons especially a BIG GUN. A big two handed heavy nasty gun she can nickname! hahahahahahaha

God in heavens, make more gals like this one ;D
I think what you're think would be a glitter-boy, the oldest but best pre-rifts power armour. It's 10'/3m, and one of it's biggest assets is the 'boom-gun', a weapon that accelerates it's projectile fast enough to break the sound barrier. One supplement also has a 'glitter-girl' variant if you need to be both sexy and destructive.
It's a bit of an overkill class, but i'm willing to accept it, though i again remind that there are places where you'll be without the armour.
Oh, and there's also the SAMAS armour that the coalition uses, a bit weaker, smaller(2,4m) and without the boom-gun, but it has skullshaped helmet and you get to be a nazi.
Whichever you want is fine, i guess. Does somebody more experienced than me know how do Glitterboys and Sam's compare to other stuff in power level?

Quote from: Zakharra on January 22, 2006, 01:04:56 PM
Cool. You running the game CG? I'll find and send you her profile and bio. We'll need to pare her down to 1 level again, but that should go fairly easily I think, with your help.
Yes, though it probably doesn't start immidietaly. Send it indeed, actually everyone could send me what he wants to play before i ask for a forum for the game.

Ajoxer

I rolled my stuff standard " 8 rolls of 3d6 in sequence." Which ended with the amusing event of him having a PB of 19. Hah!
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Natalie C. Barney

Well for when she is forced to go naked she'll have rank and file basic body armor if heavy and big gun! Think a SWAT TEAM member in full armor and a big gun the suit must have a staorage bay or two. Wait don't glitter suits have stabilizers that imbed in the ground to handle the recoil of the big gun?

NAZI? So can she rape women and stick her heel on the head of some ungrateful citizens that forgot their place. Or if male on other things. mwhahahahahahahaha

Giltter Girl also show promise do they also get a big gun!

Just no bionics or other stuff except for role playing or if needed for operating her suit. A bionic eye if she lost one or an arm woould be ok just nothing like a decked out cybersoldier or juicer.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ajoxer

Glitterboys are, all in all, designed to fight in their robot suit. In suit? She'd blow poor Joe in half, easy.

Out of the suit, however, they're just a decent fighter- In which case, Joe can make a delicious three course meal out of her.

Zakharra

Quote from: Ajoxer on January 22, 2006, 02:28:45 PM
Glitterboys are, all in all, designed to fight in their robot suit. In suit? She'd blow poor Joe in half, easy.

Out of the suit, however, they're just a decent fighter- In which case, Joe can make a delicious three course meal out of her.

*gets many cans of spray paint, sneaks in and sprays graffite all over the armor.  giggles, and sneaks out*

Natalie C. Barney

*later the graffiti artist has the wall bashed in and a fully powered Glitter Gun pointed the offending party*
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

::apluase:: 

Whereas Stessana (Yes, once again I'm making charecters inspired by Bishrook) doesn't need power armor, she'll carve up the mega damage critters with the sword formed from her own mental energy.  ;) 

Natalie C. Barney

Ok here are my stats I think I got them all right?

IQ 16
ME 11
MA 10
PS 13
PP 16
PE 13
PB 22
SPD 9
PER 11

GLITTERGIRL! Will call her gun [MS. BOOM BOOM] and it will be pink as will her glitter armor and clothes and makeup and hair and well all pink. Who says Gliitter Girl operates can't be sexy with a sense-of-humor.

Character Name: Doshi "Pinky" Hanzo

Now I need help doing the character anyone have the needed books and the time?
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zakharra

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on January 22, 2006, 04:21:00 PM
*later the graffiti artist has the wall bashed in and a fully powered Glitter Gun pointed the offending party*

Hi! *smiles brightly, kicking the empty paint cans under my bed*

Celestial Goblin

You need only the corebook to make the character, and the Quebec supplement if you want rules for the glitter-girl. I have both, but prefer to stick with the corebook.

Max

I had a concept I wanted to play in a Rifts game that never got off the ground.  A friend was going to play a Glitter Boy, and I was going to play his mechanic (fixer, can't remember the proper name off hand.)  If there is still room, I'd like to give the idea a chance.  But, haven't looked at Rifts in ages.

And he would give new meaning to the words bad attitude.  If anyone remembers Black Sheep Squadron, think the mechanic from there.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new