Timezone question

Started by Dirigible, September 03, 2009, 03:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirigible

When I go to the user stats page, it shows a person's activity spread across 24 hours. What timezone is that calibrated to? What GMT + or - is the 0-hour on that chart?

HairyHeretic

Looking at my own stats it seems to tally with when I'm online (local time - GMT). I'd hazard a guess that it probably takes local time for each person individually. What does looking at your own tell you?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Dirigible

Good thought. You could be right, my chart quite possibly could tally with my local time... though there are some outliers I must've been sleep-posting for, as I certainly don't remember them.

Kip

I've had discussions about this in the SB before...

I went and tested a theory using my own profile and worked it out - it seems that the post stats are calibrated individually but you have to make sure the boards know your timezone.   

Dirigible, to update this - Go to your Profile then select 'Look and Layout' from the menu on the left hand side.  In the options that come up, find time offset and click 'auto detect'.  Save those changes and see if the time in the upper right corner above the SB is right - if not, alter the time offset to suit and save it again.

After you've got that all sorted out, go and look at your post stats and they should be accurate for you.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Dirigible

That looks like it sorted it, yep.

Thanks, Kip!

Kip

Not a problem - anytime.

I can see the time of the day I'm always (or nearly always) asleep at using my stats.  :D

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~