A bizarre question - Neverwinter Nights

Started by kasen03, October 10, 2006, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasen03

I've recently reinstalled my Neverwinter Nights and I'm now intrigued with the multiplayer functionality.

Here's my question..does anyone else here have this (I have the Diamond version, although I'd assume all of them are compatible) and would anyone be interested in forming a group to give the multiplayer a try.

I'm right now just interested in going through the base module..but hey..who knows..maybe this would one day evolve into a full interactive RPG..where we couple post here on the exploits of our character? :D

Just fishing..to see if there are any bites :D

MagicalPen

Hey

I'm pretty sure i have this game. The Diamond version come in a white case? I think thats what i have at home - i'll have to check of course - and wouldnt be able to start MP until next week (midterms this week).

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

MagicalPen

Well i brought back my CD Key for NWN (Platinum Edition which includes all the expansions). I also have NWN 2. So if anyone is up for a little MP let me know!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

ZK

I have NWN 1 and 2. I like the second one more, but damn, talking about memory leaks. x.x
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

MagicalPen

Yeah...havent played much of it, but it gets a little slow sometimes...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

ZK

The storyline and such is awesome, just the memory leak and bad coding makes the game bad. :( I mean I can run Oblivion past it's Recommended settings and I get little to no lag at a steady FPS between 60-80 and in NWN 2, it jumps between 20-60 FPS reguardless of screen ratios and settings. x.x

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

TonyWoods

I found that I managed to get the frame rate a little more stable by messing around with the Shadows options and turning them down, but not fully off (I can't remember the exact settings I used, but I think it was one down from whatever the highest setting was). Other than that, like you said, nothing else seems to change the way the game performs regardless of whether everything is on Low, Medium or High... In fact, I'm hard pressed to notice any visual difference between the various settings either, and I've got a decent machine!

Like you said, thankfully the storyline and the writing is good (if not quite reaching the pinnacle of Planescape Torment), and I'm hoping to get to play some more of it again soon (too many games to play, too little time) - but I can't help feeling disappointed by it (although thankfully it is nowhere near as bad as NWN1).

Ah well - here is to hoping Dragon Age is the return to the heights of CRPG goodness that I was hoping NWN2 would be!
Tony's Turn Ons - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7198.0

We are such stuff
As dreams are made of, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep

ZK

I'm not dissapointed by the storyline at all, just the damn glitchy coding of the game itself. And of course it's writing would be good, it's done by the exact same team who did Planescape: Torment. It's just not as dark as PS:T is though. Then again, nothing in FR is that dark.

TonyWoods

I agree - when I said I was disappointed, I meant like you that I was disappointed in the game from a technical side rather than from a writing and storyline point of view... Although (only in Act 2 mind) the number of irritating NPCs that I don't want in my party seem to be building up (won't mention names for the fear of 'spoiling' it for anyone who takes a look at this thread who hasn't played the game), and I'm a bit miffed that my romance options within the game fall squarely upon the shoulders of one rather irrating character.

I want me some tiefling ass damn it!

*sulks*

On the subject of dark, I would love to see a new Dark Sun and Ravenloft game too!
Tony's Turn Ons - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7198.0

We are such stuff
As dreams are made of, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep