Deception: Murder in Hong Kong/CS Files (Rules and OOC)

Started by Galactic Druid, December 17, 2015, 02:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Kythia

How much interaction are we allowed with you guy? Are we allowed to say eg "if the murderer is Kythia then cover up blood loss" ?

Galactic Druid

There's nothing about it in the official rules, but that seems like poor sportmanship, so I think I'd house rule against that.

Unrelated; would anyone like to volunteer to be next round's FS?

The down side is of course, your ability to chat is imited, but it's a fun fun role.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Assassini

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 10, 2016, 05:38:59 PM
There's nothing about it in the official rules, but that seems like poor sportmanship, so I think I'd house rule against that.

The down side is of course, your ability to chat is imited, but it's a fun fun role.

I'm actually really quite keen to be the FS. I mean, in my experience I'm terrible at this sort of thing (from several games of Mysterium) however I still enjoy it! If anyone else is keen though should we have a vote or something?

Remiel

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 10, 2016, 05:38:59 PM

Perhaps whoever is the first to guess the correct solution?  Or the murderer if no one does?  That'd be the most fair, I think.  ;D

Assassini

Quote from: Remiel on January 10, 2016, 06:38:58 PM
Perhaps whoever is the first to guess the correct solution?  Or the murderer if no one does?  That'd be the most fair, I think.  ;D

Inb4 Remiel is the murderer.

Galactic Druid

That's not a bad idea, Remi. I was thinking of just doing a dice between the interested volunteers instead of the full group, then a role for the other roles with the remaining. Sadly, as GM, I can only play roles that know everything, so my options are either forensics or nothing. =(

But that's okay, I got to play a round with you guys, that's more than many GMs can do for games they run here or on CHWB.

Remiel

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 10, 2016, 07:48:48 PM
That's not a bad idea, Remi. I was thinking of just doing a dice between the interested volunteers instead of the full group, then a role for the other roles with the remaining. Sadly, as GM, I can only play roles that know everything, so my options are either forensics or nothing. =(

But that's okay, I got to play a round with you guys, that's more than many GMs can do for games they run here or on CHWB.

Not necessarily.  The Forensic Scientist can randomly pick the murderer and accomplice, and then the murderer can tell the FS what method / evidence he or she is choosing.

And then you can tell the FS what clues he has to choose from, although in the interest of fairness you should probably make this information public.

Galactic Druid

It's supposed to be unseen until the card is played, so I have a feeling I'd have a hard time being impartial.

MP owns the game too, I may ask her to run after a few rounds.

Blythe

After PMing Guy to make sure it was okay, I know for sure I can commit to the game whenever y'all have the next round and would totes love to play now that I've got RL and E more together.

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

persephone325

With a name like "Sherlock", it's MANDATORY for him to join. lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

Congrats to Remi and the investigators!

Everyone in for another round? Unless anyone tells me otherwise, I'll start a new game with the same group (aside from Sherlock taking my seat) next round.

Blythe

Galactic Druid

Unless an u one else volunteers as tribute, I'll roll between Assassini (your name is impossible to shorthand politely...) and Remi for the FS.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

Madame Professor

And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids! :P

I am most definitely up for another round.

And I am also totally up for GMing (and/or FS) when you want to just play, Guy. :-)
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

I'll GM a few more so you can play first. I think I've had more chances to play IRL than you have, plus it's fun and I'm still working on a database of cards.

Assassini

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 11, 2016, 02:42:15 PM
Unless an u one else volunteers as tribute, I'll roll between Assassini (your name is impossible to shorthand politely...) and Remi for the FS.

*laughs hysterically* Cry me a river. Everyone says the same thing.

But yes, very keen for Round 2. Obviously.

I have to say though, the Accomplice seems like such a weak addition. Frankly people are too bright to really get confused by any less than obvious ploys to divert attention, so in reality all the card does is take one vote away from the Good Guys...

And we still had FOUR left!

Madame Professor

Eh, not really. I mean, the wrong focus and people can get waaaaay off point. As I have discovered playing in person. Plus, the accomplice reduces the good guys number of available guesses.

With this size of a group though, it might not be a bad idea to have 5 Means and 5 evidence cards.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Kythia

Well played everyone. I'm out for the next game, but enjoyed this one. Thanks for running it guy.

Galactic Druid

Thanks for playing, Kythia! You're always welcome back in!

Strangefate

I'll continue for another round.

Oh, and thanks to ThatRPGuy for running it too!
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair