Borders Bookstore to go Bankrupt

Started by Remiel, July 25, 2011, 09:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lilias on July 31, 2011, 03:16:14 AM
If you can't eliminate Amazon or Sony, go for the little cousin. If that comes through, bye-bye Nook.

Actually I see it as a win-win. I think they can use the BILLIONS that Apple can bring to the table, and the added weight of someone invested in e-books having a dead tree division will make it easier for Amazon/Apple-B&N to put the publishers in line.

Because honestly some of the publishers are stuck about 90 years in the past. They don't want to change the model, even when it could make them money because they are used to being the big boys on the block.

To be truthful though.. I didn't think the Nook was too much. The Nook Color was an interesting widget but (in my opinion) it was a step back from the ebook reader designs. I wouldn't rub out the Nook quite yet though, it has a SIMILAR but not the same role as the iPad. It does well enough to justify keeping it around the market. of course the book store/iBooks might change a bit in the process though.

Azhdeen

I always kinda liked Borders, but hadn't been to one in years simply because there wasn't one where I live. My home in split down the middle between Book-a-Million and Barnes & Noble.  I use to be a BAM shopper for my books..... but then I was also working there at the time. I haven't set foot in a BAM since I was fired a year and a half ago for no good reason that I could understand. I remember Crown Books as well there had always been my favorite store because they had good prices, when they went out of business that's actually how I ended up working for BAM. BAM bought the store I was working in.

Shjade

Dang. I used to frequent Borders for manga pickups. D:

Oh well. I guess on the upside I can take this Borders scanner thing off my keychain.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

didoanna

I tend to buy most of my books from Amazon or E-Bay.  Most of the time, it's because it's cheaper and I don't mind waiting for them to arrive.

Big book stores seem to be so overpriced but I don't really read that much in e-form either.  I much prefer a book and I struggled with a friends Kindle.  I just couldn't seem to concentrate on it but I also love audiobooks too.  I like being able to download them and listen to them when I walk to work.