The Bene Gesserit Breeding Program (Dune, Semi-Post Apocalyptic)

Started by Murphy Sez, December 21, 2008, 10:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murphy Sez

A vast galactic empire that thrives on mysticism, with little to no advanced technology. A matriarchal order with dark secrets and a plan to save the world by bending it to their will.

The Bene Gesserit had a plan, to mix and match bloodlines across the Empire. The final culmination of their millenia long manipulation would be a man, the peak of human evolution, the only one who could stand against a dark threat that their visions of the future only hinted at.

They sent out breeding mistresses, often just young women who had been run through an intensive program of study. These women were raised to be intelligent and capable, bred to be physically appealing to whomever they would be bound as consort, but always emotionally distant, for it was an assignment, not a marriage. More often than not, the target of the breeding program was the heir to a noble house, the union forged with promises of power and wealth for the current Lord.

Sometimes though, the women would disobey their order, falling in love with their work. The Order could forgive such things as long it didn't interfere with their plans.

You, the breeding mistress, will have to be ready to deal with the intrigue, to endear yourself to a prince who has no desire for your company, who perhaps already has affections for someone else. You may even have to suffer at his hands as he takes out his anger and frustration, enduring it all for the greater cause.

I love to write, come dream with me.

Get to know me: O/O
Ideas, randomness, pet peeves.

Murphy Sez

playfullchick76

i have seen dune, the movie and the 3 part miniseries, i loved it. I hadnt thought of myself as a breeding mistress, but a smuggler on arakis, but, i may be interested. Im not into too much violence though, it doesnt do anything for me.

Murphy Sez

I'm far too lazy for violence. PM me sometime and let us discuss this thing that shall happen! *nods sagely*

Today's Quote: "I'm up to my earballs in work"

FlaminGlory

playfullchick76