Contraception causes homosexuality, infidelity, and bestiality

Started by Serephino, October 15, 2012, 12:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serephino

http://www.upworthy.com/wow-just-wow-anti-women-propaganda-at-its-finest?c=ufb1

I can't even finish this because my brain hurts from all the stupidity...  Because of the actions of one monkey they've decided the rise in homosexual couples and divorce rates is because of the use of contraceptives.  It just gets more retarded from there, going on to say the world doesn't have an overpopulation problem.  No, in fact, because of contraception, we're going to go extinct.

On the other hand, there were a few valid points.  There are serious health risks to women, and many have died.  They go on to count the death toll of embryos, which just makes me want to dismiss them as the nutjobs they are, despite a few valid points of health risks and estrogen contamination in the water supply.  Those are actual concerns, but I don't think the answer is to ban to birth control.  Maybe they could like.. I don't know... make it safer?  Oh, but wait, that's going against the will God!  Silly me... 

Callie Del Noire

Vanity Evolved

I didn't even need to click to guess just what was in there. "ComeUnityInTruth."

Who would have guessed, a fundamentalist religious guy on the internet spewing misinformation to justify his theocratic beliefs.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Vanity Evolved on October 15, 2012, 01:26:11 PM
I didn't even need to click to guess just what was in there. "ComeUnityInTruth."

Who would have guessed, a fundamentalist religious guy on the internet spewing misinformation to justify his theocratic beliefs.

Actually they had a well spoken articulate woman reading the script. She was quiet and well spoken.. sounded like someone who had speech training.

Lilias

The number of contraception-related deaths ain't got nothing on the number of pregnancy-and-labour related deaths, which claimed about 50% of women's lives well into the 20th century.

Video summary in one word: Nunsense.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lilias on October 15, 2012, 01:53:38 PM
The number of contraception-related deaths ain't got nothing on the number of pregnancy-and-labour related deaths, which claimed about 50% of women's lives well into the 20th century.

All I have to to remind myself of this is look at the family tree I've built. One of my ancestors went through FIVE wives in 20 years. It is a HUGE tree..

Oniya

Quote from: Lilias on October 15, 2012, 01:53:38 PM

Nuns got more sense than this.  At least, the ones on the bus do.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Moraline

You know this explains a lot.

Now I know exactly why I'm a bi-sexual woman.

I thought it was because I happen to really like breasts. Who would have thought that I feel this way because I take birth control?

Of course that also leads to a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why I'm such a slut as well.

Clearly the birth control has been effecting my brain in such a way that I don't feel the need to make commitments. I thought it was because I just hadn't found the right life partner for me. Maybe, I should get off this birth control, find myself a HUSBAND I can dedicate my life to right now! Then I can start popping out babies. I've got good hips for it. *nods*  ANY healthy non-estrogen polluted males available out there for me?

... *ahem* I think I'll skip opening up a kennel. There goes that dream. According to this subject that might get a bit risky for me. You know, temptations and all.

Excuse me, I need to go talk to my doctor about some psychological counseling and a way to get this evil birth control stuff out of my system.

... gawd, I hope estrogen can't mutate and become airborne? It's bad enough that I'm pissing it out into the water supply and poisoning the entire male population of my city with it. Clearly I'm evil. Women must be the devil's work.

/END SARCASM

Callie Del Noire

Well like I said in another thread.. we're all damned by the religous right.. if you're on this board.. you're CLEARLY not one of the 'true faithful' and we're all going to hell.

Sigh.. it hurts to watch some of these videos.

Serephino

Didn't you know selfish, immoral sluts are the root of all evil... :P   

Oniya

Quote from: Serephino on October 15, 2012, 03:11:47 PM
Didn't you know selfish, immoral sluts are the root of all evil... :P   

Hey, everyone needs roots!  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lilias

Quote from: Oniya on October 15, 2012, 02:54:49 PM
Nuns got more sense than this.  At least, the ones on the bus do.

Damn right. I bet the bus sisters are facepalming at the nitwits who made this video (an association called The Children of Mary, for anyone who cares to research) and gave them all a bad rap.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Vanity Evolved

Quote from: Oniya on October 15, 2012, 03:13:41 PM
Hey, everyone needs roots!  ;D

Roots are great. I love the part where they get water out the soil~

TaintedAndDelish

I wonder at times if stuff like this is due to ignorance or a sadistic streak.

Stattick

Well, it is established that artificial estrogens can play havoc with some species of amphibians, feminizing males so they have female body parts despite the male chromosomes. They're leading to the extinction of numerous species of amphibians across the world.

Artificial estrogens are primarily found in pesticides, but I believe that some fertilizers are also artificial estrogens. It's an interesting hypothesis that these estrogens could also be having an effect in human development and psychology similar to what it's done to some non-mammalian species. However, I doubt that estrogen as taken by women for birth control, gets out in the environment in sufficient quantity to be more than a drop in the bucket compared to what modern, industrial farming methods lead to. Now, I don't believe that that's actually the case that estrogens are causing that in humans, but it doesn't seem to be completely out of the question. It is an extraordinary claim though, and in science, it's an axiom that extraordinary claims require extraordinary amounts of proof.

So, until the proof of such is produced in sufficient quantity, it would be a mistake to flail our arms in the air and overreact to something that might not even be a problem. But if it did turn out to be true, I see no major problem with something that may bring down the human population on this planet to something more managable and sustainable. Maybe we could slow down or stop the environmental damage that's threatening all of human life.

Or shall we just take their dubious science at their word? If so, we need to stop the industrial farming, and go back to a method of food production on the small scale. Let's say, put around 75% of the population (or higher), back on the land on small family farms that don't use the heavy chemical methods. Sure, millions or billions would starve to death if we made a quick change back to those sorts of production methods. But hey, fertility rates might come back up in the developed world if we switched over to something like the developing world has, with the subsistence farmers and such. But we don't have to go back to the barefoot and pregnant expectations for women. That would just be crazy talk. We'd just have to switch over to an effective and non-hormonal birth control method, preferably one that's inexpensive and has few deleterious side effects, like the IUD, which is so prominently used in the third world today.
O/O   A/A

Serephino

I've seen another study, just can't remember when or where, that the kind of estrogen used in birth control is being found water supplies, although, so are antidepressants.  Of course, we all pee out our own natural hormones, it's just that hormonal birth control use is on such a rise that the usual sewage treatment methods aren't getting it all out.  Chances are, every time you take a drink of water you're getting a trace amount of estrogen and prozac.  The article I read also said that more studies need to be done to determine how much it actually effects us. 

The rest of it they no doubt pulled out of their asses.  Seriously, there aren't any fertile females a man can knock up, so he turns to other men, whom he also can't knock up?  That makes absolutely no sense.  It's probably religious zealots trying to come up with another way to prove people aren't born homosexual.  The dogma isn't working, so hey, let's blame birth control and kill two birds with one stone! 

Oniya

Quote from: Serephino on October 15, 2012, 08:02:03 PM
The rest of it they no doubt pulled out of their asses.  Seriously, there aren't any fertile females a man can knock up, so he turns to other men, whom he also can't knock up? 

Is that their claim?  Or is it that the estrogen in the water is turning Manly Men(TM) into limp-wristed panty-waists?

TaintedAndDelish

Quote from: Oniya on October 15, 2012, 08:06:32 PM
Is that their claim?  Or is it that the estrogen in the water is turning Manly Men(TM) into limp-wristed panty-waists?

Hey, I resemble that remark!  Well, less the limp wrist :-)

I was thinking along the lines of where things could go with a lack of contraception - an increase in sexually transmitted disease, death due to disease, unwanted births and an increase in abortions, and of course, more sinful x-tains to berate for their lack of bodily control.

Tamhansen

Quote from: Oniya on October 15, 2012, 08:06:32 PM

Yes, and thanks for that by the way contraception. Worse than us men slowly turning into sobby androgynous neuters. The shellfish are dying. Seriously, Mussel and oyster populations are being eradicated by the oestrogen peed into the ocean. Bleh, maybe should open with that one next time they spout this bullshit over the internet where people can hear them.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Oniya

I agree that pharma-pollution is a problem, but I think they'd do better going after the cattle farmers.  After all, most human waste goes through filtration plants before hitting the environment.  Cows are (as I saw them described on a badger page) 'ambulatory muck spreaders', and any hormones they don't absorb are going -wissht- straight into the nearest watershed, with little if any treatment.

Ironwolf85

your average morning bowl of honey-o's with generic brand milk has more Bovine Growth Hormone in it then anything these nutters are going on about.
On the bright side (read this medical study back in 2007 can't find it now...) american girls now have bigger breasts, curvier hips, and their boyfriends have a bigger pair of balls and put on more muscle than they would have had otherwise given their average lifestyle.

"now Tina I don't want you using any of those evil contraseptives, now eat your BGH laced cerial and go to Jimmy's to play like a good girl."
Then momma is suprised when tina and jimmy have a kid 8 months later...
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 15, 2012, 10:17:34 PM
your average morning bowl of honey-o's with generic brand milk has more Bovine Growth Hormone in it then anything these nutters are going on about.
On the bright side (read this medical study back in 2007 can't find it now...) american girls now have bigger breasts, curvier hips, and their boyfriends have a bigger pair of balls and put on more muscle than they would have had otherwise given their average lifestyle.

"now Tina I don't want you using any of those evil contraseptives, now eat your BGH laced cerial and go to Jimmy's to play like a good girl."
Then momma is suprised when tina and jimmy have a kid 8 months later...

The more I read about BGH.. and Monsanto's payola to get it on the market and keep it on the market..and how they go after everyone that doesn't use it.. the more I want to lock the board in a room and drown them in tons of BGH Milk.

Monsanto is like.. the most psychotic corporation I can think of.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 16, 2012, 12:45:14 AM
The more I read about BGH.. and Monsanto's payola to get it on the market and keep it on the market..and how they go after everyone that doesn't use it.. the more I want to lock the board in a room and drown them in tons of BGH Milk.

Monsanto is like.. the most psychotic corporation I can think of.

In New England we have Oakhurst who have a near monoply on dairy farms from Maine to New York, however they treat their farmers well, refuse to allow use of BGH, and pride themselves on strict quality control.

Their product is usually $1.50 more, but I'll pay that if it means I'm not having cow steroids, I'll pay that.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 16, 2012, 01:38:05 PM
In New England we have Oakhurst who have a near monoply on dairy farms from Maine to New York, however they treat their farmers well, refuse to allow use of BGH, and pride themselves on strict quality control.

Their product is usually $1.50 more, but I'll pay that if it means I'm not having cow steroids, I'll pay that.

I liked Oakhurst.. yeah it wasn't cheap but I LIKE being about to see 'No BGH' on my labels. If Monsanto has their way, labelling milk that way would be illegal.

Yeah.. I suffered for four years in Brunswick Maine.. too cold for my liking.

Lilias

My son (the only member of the family still dependent on dairy) has goats' milk. We made the switch mainly because of his eczema (which has improved spectacularly since), but the farm's philosophy makes me wish everyone saw things that way.
~Wendell Berry