News:

Main Menu

Need Opinions

Started by Paladin, May 22, 2010, 09:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

So as some of you know I Lost another friend. I didn't feel right just sending flowers to his family even though I did that. This is that Tatoo I plan on getting this summer to remember my friend and all my fallen friends that have died.

I want to know, is it too much, not enough? Could it be improoved?

Brandon

On one hand, I dont feel like I should be giving you advice because it feels like Im telling you to get a tatoo. On the other hand, you already seem to have your mind made up on it. I'll just remind you, it is permanent (unless you do very expensive laser treatments)

That all said, in my opinion I think the smaller crosses are to much. Without them it looks great though

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Paladin

Well to explain, each cross represents a friend that has died. To give a bit of hystory, in the last 12 years I have lost 12 friends and family that I was close to. Each cross is eventualy going to have a persons name under it. also I could care less about permanency. This is a memorial of sorts to those I care for..

Oniya

I think it looks very nice.  Very well balanced and artistic.  (I freak out too much at needles to ever get one, but I can admire other people's ink  ::) )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Paladin

My only worry is how many more of those will I add over the next few years?

Brandon

If you worry to much about who you will loose, you've lost yourself in the process. It is good to remember the people that have been part of our lives or given their lives for us by laying flowers on their graves or creating a personal memorial of some kind. They deserve to be remembered and to be respected, but part of respecting the dead is to continue living and thanking them for the influence they had on our lives.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Paladin

Quote from: Brandon on May 22, 2010, 10:25:45 PM
If you worry to much about who you will loose, you've lost yourself in the process. It is good to remember the people that have been part of our lives or given their lives for us by laying flowers on their graves or creating a personal memorial of some kind. They deserve to be remembered and to be respected, but part of respecting the dead is to continue living and thanking them for the influence they had on our lives.

Unfortunatly alot of them I can't go to their graves cause they lived too far away, as for the continued living part man, no comment.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

It really depends on your oppinion. Many get things like that for they mean something to them, something to show and express that. It looks good artistically, just the meaning is also a good tie to the art.

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Brandon

Im just saying that as important as grief is dont loose yourself in it. Ill leave it at that

Anyway, in that case your personal memorial is your own way of remembering and respecting the people that influenced your life and passed on. It is your memorial to them and knowing that, I dont feel I should say anything now. You've given it a lot of thought and if you really want to get it then I think whatever it looks like will be fine.

leelan

I think its perfect. But to help the others, this is a personal memorial tattoo, and if this is what came to mind for you when you made it then it's perfect.

I wish i had that kind of creativity...i wouldn't have blue rose on my boob for my mother then. It's perfect, but will take a lot of time, money and appointments so remember that.
-Je suis belle, incroyable, sexy et un esclave. Je suis ce que vous désirez et vous le savez.-