And We All Fell Down (Modern, Some Intrigue, Politics and Sci-Fi, Dark, Gritty)

Started by BigBlackGamer, October 22, 2005, 08:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackGamer

The morning dawned clear and mild across the L.A. basin, and for yet another day America was the colossus that stood astride the world...tall sleek buildings, streets bustling with shiny new cars, military waiting around the world for orders.  Trillions of dollars moving like blood through the arteries of banks, fiber-optic networks, cash registers.  Just another day in the life. 

And as good a day as any for it to all come crashing down.

It was a story that began on the morning news with grainy, jerky pictures of two oil tankers ablaze...and a President who reassured the people all was well with the world while at the same time moving himself and his staff to an undisclosed, secure location.  It began with a case of law and order and mistaken identity spewing a hail of gunfire, and ended with burning cities and chaos.  For long ago, a hole that never should have been dug found a secret that refused to remain buried...

This is a modern game that will feature normal, everyday characters.  The game will include a touch of sci-fi...but only a touch.  There will be no death-rays, no warp drives.  The focus will be on mystery-solving, intrigue...and raw survival before, during, and after things fall apart.  For the world of the city was rough enough before civilization fell (which is when the game starts).  It gets rougher still.

Interested?  PM me, E-mail me, or, better yet, look my up on Yahoo IM at handle "pbemmaster".

Elvi

Sounds good.....

Are we talking freeform here?

What sort of characters do you want?
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Elvi on October 22, 2005, 09:11:02 PM
Sounds good.....

Are we talking freeform here?

What sort of characters do you want?

Definitely freeform...die-tossing will be infrequent, and done by me behind the scenes.

Basically I'm looking for typical, everyday characters.  Secretaries, students, bartenders, surfers, cab drivers, teachers, etc.

Elvi

Sounds interesting...
Count me in, if you get enough takers and want to run it.

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

AutumnFury

"You may be the King, but watch the Queen conquer."

Open to:
Random PMs. Feel like chit chatting? Go ahead and message, if you dare.

Lorelei

GolGol

My game ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75040.0

Ons and Offs, the updated list,  and pictures. Updated 29/10: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4506

Discord: Plasmapudding#3339

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: GolGol on October 23, 2005, 01:29:26 PM
I'm in, five ;)

Allrighty then.  Looks like we're live then.  Now, how do I go about getting us a room on up in the nosebleed section where anything goes?  Start cranking out those characters.

BigBlackGamer

Now, if one of the goddesses would be kind enough to make us a board in the NC: Normal Freeform section, we'll start the festivities ASAP.

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

RogueJedi

Elvi

RogueJedi

Actually, I count seven.  Unless you're trying to forget about me.  :(

Elvi

RogueJedi

Elvi

Nooooooooooo don't be silly!
I wasn't counting Big, 'cos it's his game......
*Hugs Rougue*

RogueJedi

*Snuggles into Elvi's embrace.*

Do you really mean it?  You weren't forgetting me?  I feel better then.

Elvi

ZK

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Muse

Hm... it would certainly be something difrent for me.  How often do you plan to post? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Muse on October 25, 2005, 02:03:33 AM
Hm... it would certainly be something difrent for me.  How often do you plan to post? 

Early and often.   ;)

Elvi

BigBlackGamer