Blood on the Clocktower - A Social Deduction Game of Lies and Fuckery

Started by Praxis, October 02, 2023, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatless

Quote from: Remiel on November 26, 2023, 06:45:45 PMConsider my interest piqued, good sir!
An unmarked van rolls up and the side door forcefully opens. Heavily armed men spill out, converging on Remiel. Without a word, a bag is secured over Remiel's head and he is carried away to the van. One of the heavily armed men tugs at his own collar, bringing it closer to his mouth. "Asset acquired."

Miles away, a shadowy figure smiles and places an extra token into a grimoire. "Excellent."

Welcome aboard, Remiel!

Now it's time to guilt other people into playing.

I want everyone to take a good, hard look at Praxis. What a goofball, right? Without him though, none of this would have gotten off the ground. Two whole games of fun would have never been had.

Well, I've offered to take over the Storyteller duties this time around so that Praxis can play in his own creation. And it turns out that Praxis has never actually been a player before. Really tugs on the heartstrings, doesn't it?

But here's the thing: we're still one person short of a minimum cast. Do you really want to be the person that ignores this ad and crushes poor Praxis' dreams? Do you really want to virtually look him in the eye and say, "I know this means a lot to you, but I don't want to play?"

Please join. For Praxis.

Praxis

Praxis

Also...full transparency.

Hatless is basically a monster masquerading as a human.  We had to let her be Storyteller because she stabbed everyone in the back and made them all cry.

...and then she gloated about it.

(It was spectacular)

She's being nice (for Hatless) but I suspect she fully intends to ruin me as a player and try to crush any and all dreams that I have.

...you know...for the dream juice.

Hatless loves refreshing dream juice.

Envious

You might have come to socialize, but you stayed to watch Hatless step on everyone <3

Random

I've been bullied! This looks like a fun time! I'd like to give it a go!

Envious

Hatless

Wait. Someone has friends to invite to the game? This...this has never happened before. What do we do?

*pulls out a giant manual labeled "Protocol" and frantically flips through it*

I regret to inform the public that we did have one additional person temporarily bow out of our little club (they'll be back for Season 4 though!) between my last post and now. So while our new faces are most certainly a welcome addition, we're still in need of one more to get things off the ground. Just think: you would get to play with Remiel and Random! How could one hypothetical person in the future be so lucky?

Remiel

Sadly, I don't think I'd be able to bully anyone else into joining.  I tried, people!

FyreFoxx

*peers at*

I.. I am really bad at these games as, ya know, actual games. (Seriously, last time I tried to play Town of Salem, things did not go so well...) But maybe willing to give this version a shot? I feel like writing it out like this could work a lot better for me.

And well... There's an Envi.

So maybe if you're willing to have me?
 Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive

Hatless

Quote from: FyreFoxx on December 03, 2023, 08:35:58 PM*peers at*

I.. I am really bad at these games as, ya know, actual games. (Seriously, last time I tried to play Town of Salem, things did not go so well...) But maybe willing to give this version a shot? I feel like writing it out like this could work a lot better for me.

And well... There's an Envi.

So maybe if you're willing to have me?
Of course. I like to think our group is a little more welcoming than your average game of Town of Salem. :P

You can follow Envious' link to our little corner of Elliquiy. Praxis has some information on how to play in the library thread, and if you're in the mood for some reading, you can check in on the previous two seasons to get an idea of how things run.

FyreFoxx makes 8, so I'm probably going to officially start Season 3 tomorrow. We're still more than happy to welcome any latecomers though. To anyone that wanders by in the next few weeks, feel free to sit on the sidelines and spectate Season 3 if you'd like. Or, if you'd like to join in after the game has already started, Blood on the Clocktower does have a set of roles meant specifically for people joining a game late or who might have to depart early. We'd love to have anyone that's interested. :)

Envious

Praxis

Praxis

SEASON 4

The REVENGENING!TM

We are recruiting for Season 4!  Do you like having fun while being paranoid and stressed and having fun and trying not to get murdered while possibly murdering other people and reveling in that?
If so...we got you.

We are three seasons in and Good has 2 wins to Evil's 1 win.
We have also had 3 butt-hurts, 2 bruised feelings and an overwhelming sense of betrayal in a pear tree!

Nothing captures the reason of the season like the very best social deduction game that has ever been made!
Get in on this!

Go gift yourself!

c0i9z

Envious

Random

Rule #1: Stay in front of Praxis so he can't stab you in the back.
Rule #2: Refer to rule #1.

COME LIE TO YOUR FRIENDS WITH US!

Praxis

Quote from: Random on December 14, 2023, 08:50:50 PMRule #1: Stay in front of Praxis so he can't stab you in the back.
Rule #2: Refer to rule #1.

COME LIE TO YOUR FRIENDS WITH US!

I was truthing you the entire time (mostly) and we won!

Random

Quote from: Praxis on December 14, 2023, 09:56:47 PM

I was truthing you the entire time (mostly) and we won!

Mostly? Mostly?!

And here I was truthful with you the WHOLE. EFFING. TIME.

Psh.

...see, everybody? COME LIE TO YOUR FRIENDS. It's fun!

Hatless

Everyone from Season 3 is returning for Season 4. This is a golden opportunity for us to have our very first game with more than 8 players. Just look at all the rave reviews from our lovely players and know that the game gets even more fun with every additional player. Come be the person that makes Season 4 the largest season that we've ever had. :)

We're still deciding on when exactly Season 4 will start. Maybe soon-ish. Maybe after Christmas so there's not a speed bump in the middle of the action. Season 3 was a blazingly fast affair that wrapped up in under two weeks, though. I will say that the game, at the bare minimum, only requires like 5 minutes of your time a day to respond to the Storyteller at night and get your vote in during the day. But the more you invest yourself into plotting and scheming with and against your fellow players, the more fun it will be.

Neer

Random

*wanders by, ringing a very loud and obnoxious bell, screaming, "FRESH MEAT!" repeatedly*

Random

Hatless

Quote from: Neer on December 17, 2023, 06:52:21 PMI'm new here, but I think I'd be down.
Awesome! I was beginning to think that we wouldn't get any more nibbles. We'd love to have you join us.

Here's a link to our little corner of Elliquiy: Blood on the Clocktower

We're currently planning on starting Season 4 in the next day or two. There's a video of how to play in the library thread, and I have a half-typed post that should be up by the start of Season 4 that covers a few of the rules and how we handle things for our particular game. Stop by and say hello, read up on the past seasons if you'd like (not mandatory since each season is its own self-contained game), and I'll add an extra seat to the game for you.