Scion- The Reunion

Started by Gekido, August 06, 2012, 08:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

I have played Scion once, and wouldn't mind giving it another go.  I'll let those who have posted interest work something up, but I might be interested in playing a son of Hephaestus. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Gekido

You can post a sheet if you wish

ShadowFox89

I think I'm going to end up with an investigative reporter, scion of tezcatlpoca. While I love the dodekatheon's Arete, I couldn't find a god that I liked in there.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

*Chuckles*  I was just getting to work on a daughter of Hephaestus, K.C.  I dont' mind overlap if you don't.  *Sweat drop8 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

We're all starting at Legend 2, Right? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

I don't think it's officially stated that we all have to, but I do recommend it.  It'll make things easier for everyone if we're all the same Legend rating.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Muse

:)  Thanks. 

Let's see...  I'm converting Kelly Delani form Miyu's old game--same one your gal was in. 

(Is Fire 1 Fire Immunity?  *Digs for his books.* 

AndyZ

Well, we won't actually know each other but you're free to reuse.

Oh, and if you're both Hephaestus, maybe you should be siblings.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

kckolbe

I am never opposed to a little overlap, and am intrigued at the thought of divine incest. 

Name: Danny Andy Andrews
Player: kckolbe
Pantheon/God: Dodekatheon/Hephaestus
Nature: Gambler
XP: 0

Str 3 Dex 4 Sta 4
Cha 3 Man 2 App 2
Per 2 Int 3 Wit 4

Academics 1 Athletics 3 Animal Ken 1 Awareness 2 Art 1 Brawl 1 Craft 1 Command Control 1 Empathy 1 Investigation 3 Fortitude 3 Larceny 1 Integrity 1 Marksmanship Melee 4 Medicine Occult 2 Science 1 Politics Stealth 2 Presence Survival Thrown 2

Birthrights: Talaria 2 (Guardian boon added), 3 remaining (to discuss with Muse)

Epic Int 1
Fast Learner
Epic Str 1,2
Holy Bound: Double jumping distances/heights
Holy Rampage: Spend a point of legend to halve the hardness of inanimate object not in someone else's control.
Epic Dex 1
Cat's Grace: Immune to knockdown, no penalties for difficult terrain
Epic Sta 1,2
Damage Conversion: Spend a point of legend to convert lethal damage from one attack into bashing
Self Healing: Spend 1 point of legend per damage level healed
Guardian 2: (Sta+Fort) 1 legend and 1 willpower to place hardness rating equal to successes on the roll, lasts 24 hours
Sky 1: Spend a point of legend to ignore falling damage or double jumping ability
Fire 1: Immune to fire damage
Arete 1,2 (Melee)

Expression
Intellect 1
Valor 2
Vengeance 2

Legend 3
Willpower 4
Legend Points 9

Bonus Points:
Legend 3 (7)
Epic Str 2 (4)
Epic Sta 2 (4)
Arete 2 (4)
Melee 4 (1)
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

ChaoticSky

Heh, Hephy is the only cool Greek.

ShadowFox89

Not true. Hades is very cool.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 11, 2012, 04:14:48 PM
Not true. Hades is very cool.
Point.

The main cast are all meh though, its like a frat/sorority in there :P

AndyZ

I like Artemis, but she's seriously low on associated powers.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: AndyZ on August 11, 2012, 04:31:16 PM
I like Artemis, but she's seriously low on associated powers.
i may be wrong here, but didnt she put a arrow in hephy at some point for shits and giggles?

AndyZ

Muse

Name:  Kelly Delaini

Personality:  Kelly is sweet and friendly, but don’t get her riled! 

Likes:  Tall boys.  (Better yet, boys confident enough to talk to her whether they’re tall and handsome or short and fat.)  Jewelry.  Weapons.  Hard, rewarding work.  Motorcycling.   

Dislikes:  Angry canines scare her.  She is also leery of frat boys, but figures they’re less dangerous than dogs. 
She doesn’t like to be idle, and she looses some respect for people who spend too much time idle.  Especially sunbathers.  (She had a phase growing up where she fancied she—as the student of dwarves—might also turn to stone in the sunlight.) 
   She isn’t prone to initiating violence, but she won’t accept an insult against her mother. 

Kinks: 

Limits: 

Bio:  Kelly never knew her father, and her mother Sandra Delaini worked hard in a factory to make ends meet, pulling a lot of overtime, partially to make sure Kelly could go to a private school instead of the gang-infested neighborhood where they lived.   
Spending entirely too long at home alone at entirely too early an age, Kelly started slipping out to play out of boredom while the babysitter was upstairs with her boyfriend, ignoring her completely. 
Kelly usually avoided the open grate into the old sewers, but one day a wild dog chased the little girl into the sewers.  She ran into the dark ‘til she couldn’t see a thing, but still the barking of the terrible dog echoed after her. Then she heard a sharp crack and a yelp and the dog fled from the tunnels. 
“That’ll learn ye,” a gruff voice spoke, and she fell to her knees crying.
“Here now, little one,” a strong man, but very short, picked her up and held her, stroking her hair.  “You did well.  You were strong when you needed to be.  You’re safe now.  Come to my forge and I’ll teach you to be stronger.” 
From that day forth, Kelly was apprenticed to Drogo the Dwarf.  She grew strong and skilled in arts many have forgotten, from the forge to swordplay.  The small dwarf community under Miami was her secret world. 
She grew tall, strong, elegant, and blond.  Though she was sweet, most boys found her intimidating, as did most girls, so she was often lonely. 
Before her freshman year, she went to take some Technology Prep classes at a college and discovered their anime club.  These cartoons were vastly more interesting too her than anything she’d seen on TV for quite some time, so she kept going off and on throughout the year.  She made some friends there among an older group of guys and girls who played games.  They weren’t so fit, nor so attractive, but they were smart, and they treated her like a normal person, which made her love them very much, even though they spent far more time than she could ever stand on their games.  Once a week, though, was very interesting! 
Near the end of that year, she got a little boy crazy.  A frat boy invited her to a party, and she didn’t pay attention too all sorts of people who’s advise she normally valued.  Arriving at the frat in her prettiest dress, she found herself—not in a dress, but the guest of honor at a gang bang! 
Panicked, trying with all her strength to fight back against boys whom she would be able to overpower easily with just another year of growth, she managed to defend herself for a few minutes.  Long enough for 5 gaming geeks with kendo sticks to kick in the door and be promptly beaten down by the rich and the football playing. 
Her blood was on fire. 
A hammer smashed in the window.  A man with a pony tail and an MIT style business suit tossed her the hammer.  The moment her hand closed around it, she was a daughter of Hephaestus in her full power and half the bullies were down before her father could get his bad leg over the windowsill to join in the fray. 

Calling:  Smith

Pantheon: Dodekatheon

Nature:  Architect

God: Hephaestus

BP   20/2
EXP  0/0

Attributes

Strength:       XXXX(1)
Dexterity:       XXX(1)
Stamina:       XXXX(1)

Charisma:       XX
Manipulation:    X
Appearance:    XXXX(1)

Perception:      XXX
Intelligence:    XXXX(1)
Wits:          XXX

Abilities
Academics:      1
Animal Ken:   0
O Art:         
x Sketching      1
Athletics:       3
Awareness:       0
Brawl:      0
Command:      0
O Control:      
X  Motorcycle   1
O Craft:      
X Automotive   1
x Cooking      1
X Electrician   1
x Smith      4
Empathy:      1
Fortitude:      3
Integrity:      2
O Investigation:   1
Larceny:      0
Marksmanship:   1
Medicine:      0
O Melee:      4
Occult:      3
Politics:      0
Presence:      2
O Science:
x  Chemistry   1
x  Metallurgy   1
Stealth:      1
Survival:      0
Thrown:      1

Birthright
Arete: Craft (Smith):     1   
Arete: Melee:        1
Earth: Safely Interred   1
Fire: Fire Immunity   1
Mystery         1

Knacks
App:  Lasting Impression
Dex: Photographic Penmanship
Int:  Fast Learner
Sta:  Self Healing
Str:  Holy Bound

Boons
Mentor   4
Relic      2 (Kelly’s Thrice-Forged Corsette)
Relic      3 (Arithma, the Hammer that can Create and Destroy.) 

Virtues
Courage   3
Endurance   2
Expression   4
Loyalty   2

Willpower   7/7

Legend:  2:  4/4

Soak
Bashing   7/5
Lethal      5/3
Aggravated   3/1

Armor
Kely's Thrice Forged Corset:  This bare midriff and low necked adamant corsette nonetheless provides the protection of a bullet proof vest (2L, 2B, Bulletproof) with no fatigue or mobility.  It gives access to the Earth and Fire Purview.  (Relic 2) 

Arithma: The hammer that can create and destroy:  Stats of a Skegax, -2 Speed.  Can sheath in the form of a tattoo across her back.  (Relic 3) 
ACC       (+1)      10
DMG    (+6L)      10L+1
DEF       (+0)      9 (DV 5)
SPD       4   

ShadowFox89

Small thing Muse, but I don't think our characters had found out their heritage just yet.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Name:  Kelly Delaini

Personality:  Kelly is sweet and friendly, but don’t get her riled! 

Likes:  Tall boys.  (Better yet, boys confident enough to talk to her whether they’re tall and handsome or short and fat.)  Jewelry.  Weapons.  Hard, rewarding work.  Motorcycling.   

Dislikes:  Angry canines scare her.  She is also leery of frat boys, but figures they’re less dangerous than dogs. 
She doesn’t like to be idle, and she looses some respect for people who spend too much time idle.  Especially sunbathers.  (She had a phase growing up where she fancied she—as the student of dwarves—might also turn to stone in the sunlight.) 
   She isn’t prone to initiating violence, but she won’t accept an insult against her mother. 

Kinks: 

Limits: 

Bio:  Kelly never knew her father, and her mother Sandra Delaini worked hard in a factory to make ends meet, pulling a lot of overtime, partially to make sure Kelly could go to a private school instead of the gang-infested neighborhood where they lived.   
Spending entirely too long at home alone at entirely too early an age, Kelly started slipping out to play out of boredom while the babysitter was upstairs with her boyfriend, ignoring her completely. 
Kelly usually avoided the open grate into the old sewers, but one day a wild dog chased the little girl into the sewers.  She ran into the dark ‘til she couldn’t see a thing, but still the barking of the terrible dog echoed after her. Then she heard a sharp crack and a yelp and the dog fled from the tunnels. 
“That’ll learn ye,” a gruff voice spoke, and she fell to her knees crying.
“Here now, little one,” a strong man, but very short, picked her up and held her, stroking her hair.  “You did well.  You were strong when you needed to be.  You’re safe now.  Come to my forge and I’ll teach you to be stronger.” 
From that day forth, Kelly was apprenticed to Drogo the Dwarf.  She grew strong and skilled in arts many have forgotten, from the forge to swordplay.  The small dwarf community under Miami was her secret world. 
She grew tall, strong, elegant, and blond.  Though she was sweet, most boys found her intimidating, as did most girls, so she was often lonely. 
Before her freshman year, she went to take some Technology Prep classes at a college and discovered their anime club.  These cartoons were vastly more interesting too her than anything she’d seen on TV for quite some time, so she kept going off and on throughout the year.  She made some friends there among an older group of guys and girls who played games.  They weren’t so fit, nor so attractive, but they were smart, and they treated her like a normal person, which made her love them very much, even though they spent far more time than she could ever stand on their games.  Once a week, though, was very interesting! 

Calling:  Smith

Pantheon: Dodekatheon

Nature:  Architect

God: Hephaestus

EXP  0/0

Attributes

Strength:       XXXX(1)
Dexterity:       XXX(1)
Stamina:       XXXX(1)

Charisma:       XX
Manipulation:    X
Appearance:    XXXX(1)

Perception:      XXX
Intelligence:    XXXX(1)
Wits:          XXX

Abilities
Academics:         1
Animal Ken:         0
*Art:         
--Sketching         1
Athletics:          3
Awareness:          0
Brawl:         0
Command:         0
*Control:      
--Motorcycle      1
*Craft:      
--Automotive      1
--Cooking         1
--Electrian         0
--Smith         4
Empathy:         1
Fortitude:         3
Integrity:         2
*Investigation:      1
Larceny:         0
Marksmanship:      1
Medicine:         0
*Melee:         4
Occult:         3
Politics:         0
Presence:         2
*Science:
--Chemistry         1
--Metallurgy         1
Stealth:         1
Survival:         0
Thrown:         1

Birthright
Arete: Craft (Smith):     1   
Arete: Melee:        1
Darkness: Night Eyes   1
Earth: Safely Interred   1
Fire: Fire Immunity      1

Knacks
App:  Lasting Impression
Dex: Photographic Penmanship
Int:  Fast Learner
Sta:  Self Healing
Str:  Holy Bound

Boons
Mentor   4
Relic      2 (Render Unto Drogo)
Relic      3 (Kelly’s Thrice-Forged Corset)
Relic      2 (Arithma, the Hammer that can Create and Destroy.) 

Virtues
Expression      4
Intellect      2
Valor         3
Vengeance      2

Willpower   7/7

Legend:  2:  4/4

Soak
Bashing      7/5
Lethal         5/3
Aggravated      3/1

Armor
Kely's Thrice Forged Corset:  This bare midriff and low necked adamant corset nonetheless provides the protection of a bullet proof vest (2L, 2B, Bulletproof) with no fatigue or mobility.  It gives access to the Earth and Fire Purview.  (Relic 3) 

Render unto Drogo…
This large golden coin has the face of the dwarf king Drogo stamped on one side and is smooth on the other.  Polishing the other side causes gold to gleam in the fires of Drogo’s forge, triggering two way communication, as if between the reflection in the coin and the flames of the forge. 
   While she carries this coin, she has access to the purview of Night. 

Weapons
Arithma: The hammer that can create and destroy:  Stats of a Skegox, -1 Speed.  Can sheath in the form of a tattoo across her back.  (Relic 2) 
ACC       (+1)      10
DMG      (+6L)      10L+1
DEF       (+0)      9 (DV 5)
SPD       4   

ChaoticSky

Ha, I've been working on a wolf-focused scion  ;D

AndyZ

You need to spend another point on the relic in order to remove the point of Fatigue from a bulletproof vest, Muse.

kckolbe

Andy, since you seem keen on the rules, would you be willing to look mine over?

Intro Thread

AndyZ

Quote from: kckolbe on August 11, 2012, 02:03:13 PM
I am never opposed to a little overlap, and am intrigued at the thought of divine incest. 

Pantheon/God: Dodekatheon/Hephaestus
Nature: Gambler

Str 3 Dex 4 Sta 4
Cha 3 Man 2 App 2
Per 2 Int 3 Wit 4

Academics 1 Athletics 3 Animal Ken 1 Awareness 2 Art 1 Brawl 1 Craft 1 Command Control 1 Empathy 1 Investigation 3 Fortitude 3 Larceny 1 Integrity 1 Marksmanship Melee 4 Medicine Occult 2 Science 1 Politics Stealth 2 Presence Survival Thrown 2

Birthrights: Talaria 2 (Guardian boon added), 3 remaining (to discuss with Muse)

Epic Int 1
Fast Learner
Epic Str 1,2
Holy Bound: Double jumping distances/heights
Holy Rampage: Spend a point of legend to halve the hardness of inanimate object not in someone else's control.
Epic Dex 1
Cat's Grace: Immune to knockdown, no penalties for difficult terrain
Epic Sta 1,2
Damage Conversion: Spend a point of legend to convert lethal damage from one attack into bashing
Self Healing: Spend 1 point of legend per damage level healed
Guardian 2: (Sta+Fort) 1 legend and 1 willpower to place hardness rating equal to successes on the roll, lasts 24 hours
Sky 1: Spend a point of legend to ignore falling damage or double jumping ability
Fire 1: Immune to fire damage
Arete 1,2 (Melee)

Expression
Intellect 1
Valor 2
Vengeance 2

Legend 3
Willpower 4
Legend Points 9

Bonus Points:
Legend 3 (7)
Epic Str 2 (4)
Epic Sta 2 (4)
Arete 2 (4)
Melee 4 (1)

Well, for one thing, weren't we all going to try to do Legend 2 so that we could stay at the same rate?

You need to have a Birthright in order to use any purviews, so you'll want one for Sky and for Fire.  If you want to be able to use Earth and any others, you'll want to have Relics for those also.

Do you want magical weapons and armor or will you be happy with mundane stuff?

kckolbe

I may have missed that.  I did ask permission for Legend 3, but if everyone wants to stay at 2 then I can do that.  I like seeing groups cooperate, anyways.  As for birthrights, I did leave that unfinished in order to work that out a bit with Muse and get some ideas from you guys.  I'd initially been thinking of my character being something of a guardian for Muse's, but she looks like she can take care of herself. 

Intro Thread

AndyZ

Yeah, most Scions will be able to take care of themselves.  Being a guardian can be useful but isn't usually necessary.

I strongly recommend getting a weapon's Speed down to as low as possible.  This costs 1 point to lower it by a point if it's 4 or 5, but if it's 6, you can spend 2 points to lower it to 4.  Sadly, no longer than that, but that's plenty of powerful by itself.

Do you have the Companion?  There's a lot of options on page 151 for various relics.

If you have a messenger (preferably Skype), you can PM me your details and I can help you out.

kckolbe

Okay, re-did him as a son of Hermes.  Will pretty this up and add in backstory later, but here is the bare bones.

Pantheon/God: Dodekatheon/Hermes
Nature: Rebel

Strength 3     Epic 1
Dexterity 4    Epic 1
Stamina 3      Epic 1
Charisma 3 
Manipulation 2
Appearance 2
Perception 5
Intelligence 3 Epic 1
Wits 4         Epic 1

Academics 1 Athletics 4 Animal Ken  Awareness 3 Art  Brawl  Craft  Command  Control (Cars) 3 Empathy 2 Investigation 3 Fortitude 1 Larceny 3 Integrity 1 Marksmanship  Melee 3 Medicine  Occult 2 Science  Politics  Stealth 3 Presence  Survival 1 Thrown

Birthrights:
Talaria (endowed shoes ) Psychopomp, Darkness, Sky (3)
Bulletproof Vest Magic 1, Justice 1, 0 fatigue (3)
Weapon Spatha "shrinkable" to key, +legend to dex/melee, -1 speed, +2 damage (5)

Epic Knacks

Strength: Holy Bound
Only characters whose Boons include the Sky Purview have more freedom to flaunt the laws of physics. Simply having Epic Strength enables a Scion to perform prodigious leaps that leave mortals standing slack-jawed with wonder. For example, if a Scion has Strength 5, Athletics 3 and Epic Strength 3, she can jump 12 yards straight up or 24 yards forward. (See “Movement” on p. 180\.) This Knack, however, doubles a Scion’s vertical and horizontal jumping distances. With it, the aforementioned character could leap an amazing 24 yards straight up (from the ground to a seventh-story balcony, for instance) or 48 yards forward in a single bound

Dexterity: Cat's Grace
This Knack imbues a Scion with the uncanny ability to remain on his feet despite treacherous terrain or an enemy’s best attempts to knock him down. For instance, a character with this Knack never suffers knockdown (see p. 198) from an attack. The player need not even roll. The character still suffers the damage, but he remains on his feet. Furthermore, a character with this Knack ignores all difficulty penalties based on unstable footing and treacherous terrain. He still suffers speed penalties for moving through ankle- to knee- deep water or mud, but his dice pools for actions taken on such terrain suffer no penalties

Stamina: Self Healing
The Scion’s player spends a point of Legend to repair a single level of damage. That damage can be bashing or lethal, and the healing takes place in an instant without leaving a scar. (Aggravated damage is beyond the power of this Knack to heal.) Scions who are interested in building their reputation and spreading their legends quickly find this Knack to be one of the more effective tools of doing so, as bruises, lacerations and bullet holes vanish before astonished onlookers’ eyes.

Intelligence: Perfect Memory
The character remembers everything about his past from before the game started to the current moment in the story. If ever the player forgets a salient point or key bit of information from previous sessions, he has but to ask the Storyteller and the Storyteller will remind him. It’s a good idea for the character’s player to take copious notes on each session’s events and double-check them with the Storyteller, if only to alleviate some of the stress on the Storyteller.

Wits: Instant Investigator
The Scion can take an intuitive “read” of a crime scene and make a reasonably accurate assessment of what transpired there. By spending a point of Legend and taking a single, sweeping glance around the scene of a crime, the Scion entitles his player to a reflexive (Wits + Investigation) roll. If the roll succeeds, the Scion can tell what crimes were committed at that scene (if it was more than one), how many perpetrators were involved, how long ago it happened, roughly the sequence of events that took place and what means the perpetrators employed to cover up evidence. The difficulty of the roll should reflect how long ago the crime occurred, how contaminated the crime scene has been since then and how thorough the criminals were in covering their tracks. This Knack doesn’t reveal specific, plot-sensitive information that isn’t readily apparent (such as who the perpetrators actually are), but it should provide enough clues in a single glance for the character to develop solid leads that further the story.

Boons:
Justice 1
Arete 1 (Melee)
Magic 1
Sky 1
Darkness 1

Virtues
Expression 1
Intellect 2
Valor 4
Vengeance 3

Willpower 7

Dodge DV: 6

Bonus Points
Birthrights (8)
Sta to 3 (4)
Per to 5 (4)
Valor to 4 (3)
Ath 4 (1)

History: Starting with his name, Danny's life had been riddled with bad luck.  It was about the most ridiculous name he'd heard of, made somehow worse by the fact that no part of it, by itself, was particularly bad.  Aside from mild teasing, his childhood had gone relatively simply.  Once he began his teens, however, that changed.  With his mom as a single parent, they had never had much money.  Not only did she never have a high-paying job, but even the mediocre ones she was able to get quickly fell through, whether it was the company going under or some other unfortunate incident leading to her losing her job.  She'd tried finding a man to help out, but any attempt at a relationship quickly turned disastrous.  Sometimes his car would break down on the way to pick her up, or maybe an old fling would turn up at a bad time.  For whatever reason, Danny couldn't think of a time where his mom was actively dating someone, and more than once she'd remarked that she hadn't met an even halfway decent man since his father, though she had know idea who he was.

By the time he was 15, his mom was beginning to lose control.  Constant loneliness and stress had taken its toll, and where she had once been a beautiful woman, she had grown to look ten years older than she was.  She could have passed as his grandmother, and sore joints from past on the job injuries did little to help.  Jobs became more scarce, and they slowly slipped further and further into poverty.  Though she'd done her best to keep him interested in school, resulting in his having initially been a brilliant student, constant discipline problems and mishaps with school projects had already all but guaranteed that he would not be eligible for any academic scholarships, even though he did well in track and field events in high school.  He started getting in fights at school, though they never lasted long.  Teachers seemed to appear the moment Danny lost his nerve and threw a punch, and he would get in trouble.  In sophomore year, discipline problems led to his expulsion from the track team, thus sealing his chances at success.

At 16, his mom worked for a hardware store, the first semi-permanent job she'd had in years.  Danny was only putting in enough effort to not get kicked out of school.  In his spare time, he'd picked up a job as a delivery man for a small company, using a company car since he didn't have one of his own.  Unsurprisingly, he arrived at work one day to discover the company had gone out of business.  Nodding in resignation, he'd headed home early, opening the door to see two men having sex with his mom in the living room.  The only reason she'd kept her job for so long was that she'd turned to prostitution.  They didn't talk about it more than that.  He told her that the company had gone bankrupt, and that he needed to find another job.  He left.  It was the last time he saw her alive.

His mom had come to the conclusion that she was bad luck, cursed, and that the only way for him to have a chance was to take herself out of the equation.  She'd killed herself that night, leaving a note apologizing for her curse.  Danny, unemployed and struggling in school, dropped out, and began a new life.  He started with his mom's last employer, who'd been using her and paying her next to nothing.  He died in what appeared to be a street robbery, his wallet gone.  There were no leads.

With him dead, things at the hardware store soon came up missing, and Danny found himself making a bit of money selling the stolen goods.  Multiple times the police were called, but that had become part of the appeal to him.  He'd never had a pleasant experience with cops, who for some reason had always treated him as the bad guy when they'd been called, just because he'd been poor, or "looked no good."  He was ready for them.  Most of the time he would just run away, nimbly climbing fences and walls, outrunning them, or sometimes even circling around and stealing their own squad cars.  Some officers, though, had less luck.  Whenever a cop arrived on the scene that had treated him unfairly or had been in the news for violating citizen rights, something would end up going wrong.  Officers began dying on the job in greater numbers

Intro Thread