Started by Whisper, May 17, 2005, 01:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisper

From browsing thread, I’ve noticed that a lot of  Users here on Elliquiy have one of my all time favorite Artists’ (Luis Royo) art for their avatars.

I was just wondering, what your favorite picture(s) by him were? Or if you just googled it up or something.

As for my, I like all of his art. His use of color – to me - is simply awe-inspiring to me.

bloodrose

I totally agree, whisper, I can't describe how awesome his art is.  My favourite, and I think the sexiest pic ever, is 'the caress' which can be found here,

http://www.vampirevisions.de/Proyo/Seiten/12.htm

a lot of his work in on that site, and a lot of other great art.
bloodrose's Ons and Offs

Whisper

I love "The Caress", but have often found myself drawn to "Shreddings".

http://www.jormungand.de/royo/prohib/luis_royo_shreddings.jpg

Ever seen any of Boris Vallejo? If not, I think you might like his work as well ^^.

Lyria

I love Luis Royo,

I like Boris Vallejo, but Boris' wife Julie Bell is better than him I think http://rivendell.fortunecity.com/rhydin/959/bell.html
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Lilac

Did they marry? O_o

There's a big age difference between the two.

Lyria

yep, been married for awhile ;)
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Moridin

Actually, I would have used my favorite of Royo's art as my avatar if someone else here hadn't beaten me to it.  I can't remember who it was now, though. :P
Straight male.  As long as its within the rules of the forum, and doesn't involve fire, I'll try it once.

Vekseid

Well I really like this one, though I don't have a favorite per se.  Depends on my mood.

I have most of his work.  Props to Boris and Julie and the other great oil painters of the world :-)

Moridin

Straight male.  As long as its within the rules of the forum, and doesn't involve fire, I'll try it once.

Whisper

Ahhh... I completely forgot about Julie Bell! Yes, yes, she's awesome and I love her as well  :D.

O_O, I didn't know they were married either.

deraxeman

Lyria, thanks for the Julie Bell link.  I needed something new ...  :)

Lirliel

Whisper:Nice Sig, love the song + the video ;)

Ahh and my Favourite Luis Royo one, which I have on a flag in my room,
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Whisper

Quote from: Lirliel on May 17, 2005, 01:05:58 PM
Whisper:Nice Sig, love the song + the video ;)

Ahh and my Favourite Luis Royo one, which I have on a flag in my room, http://www.jormungand.de/royo/prohib/luis_royo_thedaisy.jpg

That one is simply awesome. Where did you get your flag of it at? I’ve been looking for a poster to hang up.

Btw: Yeah, it is a good song, and I absolutely adore the video. When I first heard it – I couldn’t believe it was a Cradle song. Sounds so different from most of their other pieces.

Lirliel

ReBTW:
Yeah I know what you mean, its for that song that I downloaded the entire album. And wasn't taken back by it!

For the flag, I've mailordered it from a cataloge in my own country called Large. Unfortunately they only mailorder to the netherlands and belgium, so for all you others no luck.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Whisper

*Cry of pending doom.* Nyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *breath* uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuo!

>> I shall hunt EBay then.

Spookie Monster

You have a great eye for art, Whisp! He created this during his little-known "Cookie Monster" period...

:P
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Whisper

Quote from: Spel on May 18, 2005, 07:12:38 AM
You have a great eye for art, Whisp! He created this during his little-known "Cookie Monster" period...

:P
:P Hardy, har.

Lilian

Absolutely lovely art, but my portrait.. I cant find anything better for me. -grins-

Lancis

hey

just cuz i wanna throw in my 2 cents *drops the 2 pennies*

www.pinuptoons.com

Some nice art i think, mostly scantily clad women :)

So that might be why i think that its some nice art lol, no really the artist is talented!

Lancis
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Lancis

also wanted to add www.romusz.com for the furry fans :)
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

JustyW

SlvKitty

I have had different art mostly fairy's on my avatars... but there is a site I want to mention www.deviantart.com it's a neat place where young artist tend to put their stuff and I'm still wow'd...

Hense I would probably have a Julie Bell art work, on my avatar... though I LOVE Royo...

The pic I'm using currently was made by myka jelina ... she's a new up coming artist... I bought this pic from her. *SUPPORT ART* *getting off the tiny soap dish.
My freedom, my heart, belongs to one...
The most precious gift is that which is given, not taken.
 Ons and Offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=11400.0