Dark Themes and General Strangeness

Started by Phantasmatical, December 17, 2010, 05:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantasmatical

Okay, here we go… My first actual roleplay request thread on Elliquiy. I have three ideas I’d like to try out.

1. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde – So far I’ve been in contact with two people about this idea, neither of whom has been able to/interested in actually pursuing it. Basically the story would follow Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde and a woman who falls in love with one, and then possibly both of them, probably without knowing that they are in fact the same person, while in the meantime Jekyll and Hyde are battling for control of the vessel they both inhabit, each one considering themselves the real person. Whether the woman they both love (probably without the other knowing) will bring them together, cause one to finally defeat the other, or kill them both remains to be seen. I have read the novel, but it was a long time ago. I have also seen snippets of the musical. However, my idea of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde comes primarily from a play I saw, and then had to go see again.

In this story, I would play Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Dr. Jekyll would be a very gentle, kind, intellectual, honorable man. Mr. Hyde would be the personification of everything he tries hard not to be, but holds inside himself nonetheless. The woman would have to be strong in order to deal with Hyde and stronger still to love him; no young fresh innocent face here. Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde would be probably somewhere around 40-ish (though obviously Hyde would look younger), and the woman should at least be in her 30s. I would love someone willing to play a character above 40 though. I would like to do this over IM if possible, while posting the archives on the forums so that if we don’t meet up online we can still do a post or two a day when we are online separately.

2. Pretty When You Cry – This idea came directly from watching the video at the end of this post. Essentially, a serial rapist/killer kidnaps a young woman (I’m thinking maybe a college-age girl; a daughter-of-a-coworker kind of deal) and takes her out to the woods, where he plans to rape and kill her. It goes horribly wrong for him somehow, however. Maybe her violent deflowering allows some kind of dark power to possess her, or maybe it’s entirely mundane and she simply overpowers him when she spots a vulnerable moment. Personally, I lean toward the former. Either way, he will almost certainly be killed in the end. Themes may/will include kidnapping, bondage, and rape of the woman. As for the man… All manner of awful things might happen. This will be basically a one-shot game, and as such I’d like to either do it via IM or find a time when we can both be online and post back and forth instead of waiting a day in between replies.

3. Indebted - I had this idea the other night while I was kind of -ahem- out of it, and it’s more of an experimental thing than anything else. Basically a man gets on the bad side (of just catches the attention) of a witch/fae/sorceress/whatever, and she takes him under her power. She doesn’t control him, per se, but she can cause him to feel extreme pain, pleasure/desire, etcetera at will. The way I originally imagined it, either he was already a shapeshifter or she caused him to shapeshift in order to more easily do what she wanted (i.e. she needs to get somewhere quickly and decides she needs a horse for that purpose, or needs a message delivered by bird). I’m willing to explore themes of bestiality, although it’s something I haven’t done before so if I back out please don’t be offended. I’d like this roleplay to be over IM or email. How long it would last or what kind of storyline the characters might have, I don’t know; I just had a half-baked idea and went with it.

4. If Wishes Were Horses - This idea involves a being of a fae race of my invention, the Children of Avalon. Basically fae cut from the same general cloth as Oberon, Titania, Puck, etc. Inspiration comes from folklore, the fae as they are mentioned in Shakespeare, Jim Henson's "Labyrinth," and Neil Gaiman/Jim Henson's "Mirrormask." The basic concept of the plot: one of the Children of Avalon (my character) gets on Oberon's bad side by showing up to a mandatory "meeting" late again due to losing track of time in the fae realm while spending time with humans. Oberon decides that if he wants to spend so much time with the humans he can stay there, and banishes him from the fae realm entirely. The trouble with that? His magic is disconnected as well - as is the magic that keeps him from aging. Your character is someone who has a token of his (in this case I'm thinking a book of fairytales; I have backstory for the token), which is his only remaining connection with the fae realm. Long story short, he needs the help of this person (who can be either male or female, and any age from 20 or so upward), who doesn't believe in magic as anything more than wishful thinking and overactive imagination, to regain contact with Avalon.

If you’d be interested in any of these three stories, by all means either send me a PM or post here and let me know. I’m especially interested in the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde one, as I have a definite character concept and plot ideas for it.

Finally, here's the video mentioned above:
VAST - Pretty When You Cry

Phantasmatical

Added "If Wishes Were Horses" plot.

As an aside: 80 views and not a single interest, hm? Wow...

Poetic Fury

I'm a huge fan of VAST and Pretty When You cry is my favorite song by them.  I would be interested in writing this out with you.  Shall we discuss in PM to see if it would work between us?

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body.
Find my soul and I'm yours forever."
-Anonymous

Phantasmatical