When the Sun Sets: a supernatural roleplay

Started by Krayz, June 17, 2010, 06:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoarster

Quote from: Krayz on June 26, 2010, 11:47:19 AM

On a final note, this RP is meant to be primarily social; I didn't establish the rules because I expect/want a lot of fighting, but simply to provide unifying concepts. Anyone who plays enough of these kinds of roleplays that each player has a unique idea of what a [insert one of the groups] is capable of, so I provided a consistent description that each character can follow.

Sorry about that Krayz... I guess I've been playing way too much VTM recently so I keep thinking in those terms. Will rethink a character and get back here :)

Travaius

This seems pretty interesting, is there still room for another wolf...?
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Jecht

I am interested if there's still room. I'd be a Lycan or Magician.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Sephora

Whoot! More lycans! More wolves!

I vote yes!

Jecht

I've had a strange craving for something with vampires.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Ramael

Are you waiting for a couple more profiles before you post up any game threads, Krayz?

Belladonna1

O.K., what about a human who gets involved with a vamp or a wolf..?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

Krayz

Yeah, I've been waiting for a few more profiles before setting too much else up.

There's room for more of anything ^_^ And a human getting in a relationship with a supernatural is perfectly open, though you'd either have to play both characters or arrange it with another player.

elfguy

I'll play a vampire if this picks up, I'll post the rest today. One question though, any chance it could be changed so that vampires can go in the sun, just that they don't have any of their powers when they do? It could be a problem if one character can only go out at night while everyone else plays characters that mostly interacts during the day.

----

Krayz

Older vampires have that ability, elfguy, but young ones still get cooked in the day. I rather like that mechanic, myself, so I'm going to consider it a keeper.

That being said, I would also encourage players to be active at night, so the vampires don't find themselves stranded :)

elfguy

Well, we'll see how it goes, but if most of the action happens at day time then I may just find myself out of luck.
----

Jecht

I promise I will post my character later. I have been debating between staying with a vampire or being a magician.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Ramael

Given that, by the sounds of it, Vamps run most of the bars/clubs in Alhona, I doubt action during night time will be much of a problem.

I know James is quite the socialite anyhow, so he'll be out and about of an evening.

How does everyone feel about characters knowing each other previously? Would it be a stretch to establish a minor relationship before the game starts?

Sephora

I love that idea.

If you think about it, it even makes sense for characters that aren't new to the city to know one another.  A past history, or minor relationships could add to the feel of the game.

^_^

Ramael

How would Shaye react to a curious, friendly, mildly eccentric magician inquiring about her linealogy and heritage?

Jecht

How many of each do we have? I don't want to be a lycan or Vampire if there is already a lot
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Sephora

In the beginning? Probably threaten to eat him.  But seriously? She'd be fine with it. Probably enjoy getting to brag about her lineage.

Ramael

:-)

We could have a tiny storyline prevalent to the start of the plot where James has contacted Shaye and persuaded her to talk about her life, to satisfy Jame's curiosity and to further his own collection of memoirs and notes (akin in their own way to Crowley's essays and observations on the supernatural). We could spice it up by the two agreeing that neither Cabal nor Pack need to know about it, it being apparantly such an insignificant matter, which sews seeds for future plots.

Thoughts? If you like it, any tweaking you'd like to do? Obviously, you know how Shaye would behave better than I (especially since we haven't started the RP yet :D)

Sephora

Sure, I'd be up for that.

I don't know how Shaye would handle not telling her pack about it, as she's big on the loyalty bit...but I'm sure I can work out a reason for her to do it.  Actually, Shaye would probably think she'd be doing something good, not bad.  After all; a written version of pack history had probably never been made before. 

I think it could be pretty fun.

Krayz

Ok, everyone mention what species they plan to play in a reply right after me; think of this as a quick attendance.

Vampire male.

Sephora

Jecht

Vampire Male (maybe if there isn't too many)
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Ramael

Human (male) magician.

Travaius

Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Angi

I'm interested... though lost as what to play :/ I usually prefer vampires over lycan (this is a lie, I always despise lycans =x) so it would be down to vampire or magician... though I don't really know what I'd do with a magician but there are a lo of vampires already so xD Um anyone have any ideas?