News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Favorite Not-Dirty Word

Started by Star Safyre, July 20, 2012, 10:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Safyre

I think we all find ourselves in situations where the most natural of reactions is too great for the ears around us.  So sometimes you need to censor yourself.

My phrases of choice when I need to remain somewhat professional around little ears are:

"Oh... expletives!"
"Uh!  Profanity!  Lots of profanity!"
"Sugar ants!"
"Piece of work machine!"
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Silverfyre

"Prophylactic!"
"Toaster Tacos!"
"By the beard of Obi-Wan!"

Shjade

"So that just happened." (Alternatively: "Or that could happen," depending on which suits the context of events better.)
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Beguile's Mistress

"Now, isn't that special?"  Try it sounding like the Church Lady from SNL. ;D

Kuroneko

"I'm just saying"
"Has anyone seen Gloria Estefan lately?"
"Mother pus bucket"
"Gorramit"

But, I really like your "Profanity!  Lots and lots of profanity!" Star.  I'm going to remember that one. ;-)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Hemingway

Well, since English isn't my native language, I'll have to translate. But some of them don't really translate very well.

If I hurt myself ( I can sometimes be a little dramatic. ):

"Pain! Indescribable pain!"
"Why!?" or "Why me!?"

The one I generally use to express annoyance or frustration is ... well, it's basically the color black, in adjective form. Normally - that is if I don't have to censor myself - I'll add a "hell" at the end.

Oniya

BSG fans will get this one:

Frak.

It amuses me to no end to see it used with regards to toxic and environmentally harmful drilling practices.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ryven

"Like ya do..."
"Farfegnugens!!"
"That just happened."

HairyHeretic

I swear in Klingon. It's a wonderful language for swearing, really lets you get oomph into the words, and no one is likely to take offense unless you translate for them. :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 20, 2012, 05:04:31 PM
I swear in Klingon. It's a wonderful language for swearing, really lets you get oomph into the words, and no one is likely to take offense unless you translate for them. :)

Cripes, you can order lunch in Klingon and people will think you're swearing!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Saerrael

Quote from: Oniya on July 20, 2012, 04:13:33 PM
BSG fans will get this one:

Frak.

It amuses me to no end to see it used with regards to toxic and environmentally harmful drilling practices.

I use that one. too ♥ Only a true nerd uses such a dirty word, eh?
I also use 'fork', and I've used it so much, it basically replaced the more dirty word.

The rest of the cursewords I use are mangled up Dutch curses, so I think I can't really entertain you with those, sorry.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 20, 2012, 05:04:31 PM

I have envy written all over my face, right now.

gaggedLouise

Having gone all the way to Moscow, with the Tsar and his army retreating before him, Napoleon is supposed to have exclaimed this when he got word that the city around him was burning, set alight by the Russians themselves:

"What an astonishing decision! This is one that couldn't be calculated!"

I read the story of Napoleon's great army in a book Episodes from History when I was a little kid, and ever since I've been using that sort of half-detached line - "This is one that couldn't be calculated!" as a stock comment either, in irony, for things that you could obviously see coming long before they happened, or for when something totally unexpected does happen.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Iniquitous

Frickin frak!
Sons of a biscuit eater!
Farfignugen! (seems Ryven and I use the same word!)
Shimmy!
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

TheGlyphstone

When I'm annoyed with someone, I tell them to go defenestrate themselves.

Beguile's Mistress

Rattsafrakkinpackaluber!!!!!

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Oniya on July 20, 2012, 06:44:54 PM
Cripes, you can order lunch in Klingon and people will think you're swearing!

No self respecting Klingon lunch is simply going to obey orders. You have to beat it into submission first :) Klingons conquer all that they desire ... including lunch. Why else would it be served live?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

TheGlyphstone

Klingons eat sushi in Hard Mode.

Geeklet

Sonuvacrap.

Also, I tend to say 'shiza' more than I should (still technically a dirty word, just not in english).

Oniya

Quote from: Geeklet on July 23, 2012, 12:58:07 PM
Sonuvacrap.

Also, I tend to say 'shiza' more than I should (still technically a dirty word, just not in english).

A German friend of mine once told me that she used 'Scheibenhonig' (lit. 'slice of honey') in place of Scheiss (lit. - well, you know.)

Auron

Impetuous.

Its fun to watch them try and figure it out. (Most people I would say this to aren't very bright)

Oniya

Is that like telling them their S.O. is 'pulchritudinous' and letting them 'make' you take it back?

Auron

Haha, yes. It is along those likes.

"Your mother is a descendant of simians and higher cognitive brain functions."

Galactic Druid

I say this entirely too often at work. Please bear in mind I work with fire.

"Gaaaaah! Mother of Pearl!!"
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

The Golden Touch

I usually take a page from Firefly. -shrug-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

BetaBonk

Fudge-bundles!
Sock-wafflin' Bungie-heimers!
Bonkle-Snifters!

Immortal Flame

MasterMischief

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
--Mark Twain

I like 'poop'.  The sound of it brings levity and makes the situation tolerable.

Star Safyre

You gotta love "poop". 

In our house, we gauge how tired we are by how hilarious we find someone saying, as fast as they can, "Pee pee poo poo, poo poo pee pee!"

Love And Submission

As an American I just go full on British. "Bloody, Bugger, Wanker, tosser" are all acceptable in polite conversation due to cultural differences which is awesome.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Koren

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on July 21, 2012, 09:39:50 AM
When I'm annoyed with someone, I tell them to go defenestrate themselves.

That is just absolutely brillant. Reminds me of the time we were playing charades and my friend told me to act out defenestrate in the middle of a field and I just looked at him, with the little kids around us and went 'okay... sure.... HOW THE... HOW?!" It was quite funny at the time.

Anyway I usually go for telling someone "You person" instead of 'you bastard' and my most used one of "you'll keep" which apparently seems to be pure australianism so I've heard, as most people I say it to who aren't aussies get highly confused

Oniya

We had a song when I was in about fourth grade, where we'd take various nursery rhymes and 'defenestrate' them.  Something like:

Little Miss Muffet
Sat on a tuffet
Eating her curds and whey
Along came spider who
Sat down beside her and
She threw it out the window.
The window
The second story window
Along came spider who
Sat down beside her and
She threw it out the window.

(The word 'threw' is hit as strongly as possible, depending on the amount of giggling going on.)

Star Safyre

Due to recent vocabulary lessons, I've taken to muttering that people "can go acerbate" themselves.

MasterMischief

If you are lucky enough to have an empty chair near by when the need arrises...you can pretend someone else said the word.   ;D

Mobats

"Oh my goodness"
"Oh.... sheets"

Those are a few I could think of off the top of my head, but since I do have friends that are major Potter-heads (and yes I am one) I hear the following:

"For the love of Merlin"
"Merlins pants"

LadyAVA

Scarletta

"Holy Trash Cans"
"Son of a binkie"

Then my personal favorite that I've ever done!
"Frick frack fackity wack"

:P
Nothing to see here! Move along!

Avis habilis

LadyAVA

"didja" lol "didja-eat yet" (did you eat yet?)
Im "Fixin" to lol hehe

Chelemar

holy frickafrackenfruckarucken batman, that's a lot of spaghetti!

Maegnis

Flakey...
Not even sure what it means exactly but I love saying it.

Oniya

Flakey usually means somewhat scatterbrained, like the person who assembles a casserole, puts it in the oven, sets the timer, and forgets to turn the oven on.  (Or turns the oven on and forgets to set the timer!)

yaracyrrah

I say "bleep" (or "bleeping").  Also "freaking", usually in the construction "FREAkin' MORons!"

My favorite, though, is "unprintable", which is used by the character Ebling Mis in Asimov's _Foundation_ series.  Alas, I haven't been able to train myself to use it without thinking about it.

LadyAVA

Oniya

tazzlez60

These all made me giggle! I constantly use the following:

-Bugger
-Bum
-"Ah poo"
-"Oh balls...." (not sure if that counts  xD)
-Frick on a stick

and my all time favourite..... FUDGE MUFFINS!!!!

Oniya

I have, on occasion, used 'fsck' as a cuss word.  Usually, by the time you're using fsck, cussing is implied.

SweetKnickers

"Stupid fruit basket!"
"Go masturbate with a fruit knife, you eggplant."
0___O. I tend to use the word eggplant and fruit as insults and I also like to utter phrases in which people should go and masturbate with sharp things. ::)

One learns to feel and feels to yearn.

Kahlen

I usually go...

Mew, Rawr and Moe  :o

Vanity Evolved

Quote from: Kahlen on October 30, 2012, 01:20:39 PM
I usually go...

Mew, Rawr and Moe  :o

Kahlen does enjoy her moe-ing~

Hmm. I does say mew, and rawr a lot. I'd say tits, but that's a little dirty. :3 Father Jack has always inspired a great love in me for the words ecumenical, drink and girls. Drink! Girls! That would be an ecumenical matter!

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

SweetKnickers

New word! :D I'm really enjoying "blasphemy!" and "gavel".
Heheheh...

One learns to feel and feels to yearn.

Gizacall

Vanity Evolved

Madriv

Churlish. Need to use that one more.

Rozel

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.
My Ons and Offs: ~♠Funs, Not so Funs and Maybes with Roz♠~
Musings and Thoughts: 𓆩*𓆪Available Stories𓆩*𓆪
Sorry: ~~A/A's~~
{Slow return, its been a while. }

Aleph

I'm fond of going the Hastings (if you watch the Poirot Mysteries, you'll know what I mean and have likely discussed the drinking game). In short, upper class old fashioned English exclamations.

"I say!"
"the Rotter!"
"my word!"
and so on. You bunch of filthy bounders.

inMadness

"I know, right?"
Oh, this was Favorite Not-Dirty Word, wasn't it... -- Oops.

NightRabbit

"Son of a ducky!!!" <---Used for people I like but am envious of/annoyed at/etc.
"Fuh!" <---I pronounce it "foo" and used for varying degrees of disapproval/disappointment/disagreement.
"Pfui-Nuts!" <---Based on an exchange from one of my favorite books. One character says pfui and the other says nuts in response.
"Super Official." <---I watch Daym Drops. The phrase is now used whenever I cook something beyond delicious and beautiful. :P
"It's so serious, it's super cereal." <---I...don't know. I'm just weird. XD

TheGlyphstone

Telling people you masticate at least three times every day is fun.

Mister Grimm

"Stars and stones"
"Hell's Bells"
"Empty Night"

Those are some of my favorites. Oh Dresden Files.
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Lux12

Stygian is very close contender.

Spynmaster

Shell

As in, "What the shell?!"

From TMNT(2003 animated series).

Here's a funny thought: Shit + Hell = Shell.

;)

Saidi

Usually it's something like "Well fudge"

Then there are times I start swearing a la "wheel of time" hehehe

Oh and I do tend to say "That sucks monkey toes!"
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. --Victor Borge

Help me revive my muse?

DudelRok

If people are getting on my nerves I'll point at them, squint my eyes and say. "No. Bad. Stop." Basically I treat them like if my dog had just done something I disproved of. Otherwise you'll find me muttering nonsensicals, like I was Yosemite Sam.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Darkfold

O/O

EMO

In a word, "madness.". In two words, "hello nobody."

Remiel

I like to quote Kefka from Final Fantasy 3 (or FFVI, if you want to be precise):

"Son of a submariner!"

Also, there's "Jesus Christ on a pogo stick!" which, while being sacreligious, is more absurd than profane.

Slywyn

My favorite word to get a reaction with in school was to be in a fairly quiet area(like the library) and stand or sit somewhere just out of sight, but where you could still see your subjects(a corner of the shelves worked well).

Then, you say just loud enough for everyone to hear, "moist".

And watch people cringe.

A saying I inherited from my mom though is "Suck a duck!"

It's fun.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Slywyn

When I'm trying to get someone's attention(or just check if they're even there) on an IM like YIM or Skype, I'll say any variation/combination of mew, rawr, rar, arr, mem, wem, boop, boob, boo, or sometimes *poke*

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Geeklet

Quote from: Slywyn on November 29, 2012, 11:07:40 AM
When I'm trying to get someone's attention(or just check if they're even there) on an IM like YIM or Skype, I'll say any variation/combination of mew, rawr, rar, arr, mem, wem, boop, boob, boo, or sometimes *poke*

Heh, usually I do something similar when joining the IRC channel. Its either Rawr, Tada, or Huzzah.

Songbird

I have a new favorite word almost every day! ;D Lately my favorites have been Ardent, Thoroughly, Alliteration, Phylactery, Anonymous, and Bibliotheque (French for Library). :-)

Isn't Bibliotheque an awesome word? It sounds like a disco-tech in a library! :D
... Babe of the Bounteous Bosom, Mistress of the Comma, Saint of Submission, Her Succubian Majesty, the Non-Prescription Viagra, The Beauty with the Booty, The Hussy Who is Busty, Curvaceous Muse, Hopeless Romantic, Horny Marshmallow, History Whore, Captured Maiden, Innocent Angel, Sex Kitten, Dutiful Daughter, Nubile Nerd, and One Wordy Wench. 💗

Current Status: Recovering from Covid. Replies may be slow.
My Ons/Offs  🌸  My A/A  🌸  My Roleplay Request Thread 🌸 Gallery of Visual Inspiration (NSFW) 🌸 Hall of Musical Inspiration 🌸 Current and Past Roleplays

Slywyn

Well the spanish version of the same word(If what I remember is correct) is biblioteca(or teka? I don't remember, only the sound).

Maybe they had similar origins.

Songbird

Quote from: Slywyn on November 29, 2012, 07:02:07 PM
Well the spanish version of the same word(If what I remember is correct) is biblioteca(or teka? I don't remember, only the sound).

Maybe they had similar origins.

They are both romance languages, so it's quite possible! :D
... Babe of the Bounteous Bosom, Mistress of the Comma, Saint of Submission, Her Succubian Majesty, the Non-Prescription Viagra, The Beauty with the Booty, The Hussy Who is Busty, Curvaceous Muse, Hopeless Romantic, Horny Marshmallow, History Whore, Captured Maiden, Innocent Angel, Sex Kitten, Dutiful Daughter, Nubile Nerd, and One Wordy Wench. 💗

My Ons/Offs  🌸  My A/A  🌸  My Roleplay Request Thread 🌸 Gallery of Visual Inspiration (NSFW) 🌸 Hall of Musical Inspiration 🌸 Current and Past Roleplays

Songbird

Ooo! I have a new favorite! :D "Pugnacious"! ;D

MadnessChi1d

"Got Bam!"
"Fruit juice!"
"Mother Trucker!" (My mom was literally a trucker.)

BlissfulBoi

Quote from: MadnessChi1d on December 01, 2012, 02:42:31 PM
"Got Bam!"
"Fruit juice!"
"Mother Trucker!" (My mom was literally a trucker.)

"Definetly Mother Trucker."

Oniya

sq4096

Having spent many a night sitting up with the non-sleeping monkey on weekends, my new favorite word to use is "Spoilers" but with that really big smile and kinda insinuating something else.  Bet you can't guess what we have been watching at 3am.

MadnessChi1d

Oniya

Merely a bit of fun - Emeril Lagasse is a famous chef who uses the catch phrase 'Bam!' when he seasons food in front of an audience.

Mithlomwen

Not sure why, but I've always thought the word 'behoove' was pretty nifty. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Songbird

Wigwam. :-) Don't ask me why, but for some reason I think wigwam sounds like it should be slang term for something naughty. ;D

Slywyn

Quote from: Oniya on December 03, 2012, 03:44:56 PM
Merely a bit of fun - Emeril Lagasse is a famous chef who uses the catch phrase 'Bam!' when he seasons food in front of an audience.

Actually he's stopped doing this for the most part. He'll use it now and again but he seems to be 'branching out'.

Other phrases that I know of are "Kick it up a notch!" and, uh... well, I forgot the other one. >>

Songbird

Quote from: Mithlomwen on December 03, 2012, 03:50:55 PM
Not sure why, but I've always thought the word 'behoove' was pretty nifty.

Isn't it a great word? It makes the English major in me giddy! :D

Castiel

Quote from: sq4096 on December 03, 2012, 01:26:07 AM
Having spent many a night sitting up with the non-sleeping monkey on weekends, my new favorite word to use is "Spoilers" but with that really big smile and kinda insinuating something else.  Bet you can't guess what we have been watching at 3am.

Its always fun to watch Dr Who at 3am...
>_>

OT:
"awesome opposum on a stick" is one we used in high school.
I do say "frak" and "shiny" a lot as well.

I also find myself saying "Come along (insert last name of person here)"

Love And Submission

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Grayven

Nogitsunes likes to play to ya know.
Look me up on skype,for better play with words my dears. (grayven.I)

my ons and off (most I may or may not want to try just yet ) http://www.f-list.net/c/grayven%20write/

Spynmaster

"...I have to save my ass."

-Shrek, referring to saving Donkey.

Sasquatch421

Oh monkey poop.....I was going through a Xander phase and heard him say it while playing that one Buffy video game on the PS2. So I started using it when I couldn't swear around someone.

Songbird

Subjugate is a pretty fun word to say. ;D

ebpohmr

My favourite non-dirty word is: moist. Mostly because of how ridiculously long you can stretch out the oi syllable for. Also because if you say mooooist in a slightly deeper voice than usual, it just sounds dirty. ;)

As for cussing politely, I find 'Ye Cloth-Eared Wazzock!' to be of particular frequent usage...

SapphireStar

Do these count?

"Oh, Fudge."

"Great Gobblelygook."

"Great Caesar's Ghost." (Gotta love Perry White)

"Shut the Front Door."

"Sithspawn."

"Bantha Podo."

Sabine

I am the queen of substitute curse words, because I don't actually curse. *laughs*

A few of my substitutes:

"Mibs!" *thats my fav LOL

"Dag nabbit!"

"Sufferin' succotash" (Yes, I do say this ^_^)

"Shimata!" (Japanese for, oh dear, shoot...)

"Freakin freak freak"

"Wha' the frap?!"

"Motor scooter!" (or Motor scootin, if I'm describing something)

...those are just the few I can think of off of the top of my head LOL

My actual "favorite" words: in English, Recalcitrant.  Japanese, Kurikaeshimasu ("repeat", I just like the way it flows :D) French, erre (the letter R).

~Sabine~

My ons/offs:
On & Offs

LilyRoseBlack23

Hmmmm.....

"What the frack"
"Go noodle yourself"
"Go to Hades"

Aleph

Favorite words

Zymurgy (Beer brewing)
Defenestration (To throw something out a window)
Zeugma (The use of a word in two or more different contexts in the same sentence "I took her out, her heart and her hand in marriage")
Iamb (A metric foot in poetry consisting of a short syllable followed by a long one. For example. Iamb)

Songbird

"Archaic" has been popping up in my head lately. :-)

Alchemistry

"Frosted nuts." Sounds dirty, but it's not.

Rex Pacis

"Damnation"

"Aw....fiddlesticks."

"You need to do a lot more shutting the hell up."

"Gwaps." A play on the urban Guap for broke people. Such as..."Yea man I can go. Just gotta get mah gwaps." Has also been likened to a nasty STD in some circles. Such as..."I got the mean gwaps right now." xD
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Thesunmaid

If i need to sort of say something because I am shocked when the little person is around I say"sweet zombie jesus! or sweet crispy walnuts! they don't quite express the full spectrum but I am also partial to "merde!" which is shit in french. Most people have no idea what your saying but you get to cuss a bit. Being part french I sometimes will start cussing in french so yes...those are mine.

I also like the words "squee and meep" they makes me smile for some reason
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Purpitypurps

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on July 21, 2012, 01:23:11 AM
Frickin frak!
Sons of a biscuit eater!
Farfignugen! (seems Ryven and I use the same word!)
Shimmy!

You got a variation of what I use. Mine are
"Son of a biscuit"
"BULL own eeeeee"
If I ever let the word shit get out of my mouth i cover it up as best I can with "SHIITake mushrooms are awesome!"