PsiCorp Now Hiring!

Started by HockeyGod, May 28, 2018, 09:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

PsiCorp: Dystopian RP Game

Welcome to PsiCorp, a dystopian RP set on Earth in 2348 co-GMed by HockeyGod and lux89. Two companies rule the planet (from their headquarters in Denver which has become a major city with the coastal flooding) - one harnessing the power of biochemistry (Spring Organics) and the other harnessing the power of cybernetics (Delta Robotics). The companies spar over a dwindling resource, an element known as Infinitium. This energy source allows communities to live in peaceful harmony surrounded by an environmental wasteland. To harvest the element the companies send acquisition teams. Members of these teams have been modified - either biochemically or cybernetically - to energize parts of the human brain that historically have been dormant, thus giving them psychic abilities. Members of the teams sign a lifelong contract with the corporations and receive the honor of a special implanted device which ensures loyalty to the corporation.

Psychic Abilities
Starting in the game you are allowed to allocate 2 points to the following psychic abilities. As the game progresses individuals are awarded points which can be applied to increase psychic abilities. Points will be awarded randomly by dice rolls and strategically by GMs.

Telekinetic Level

LEVEL 1 - Elementary
You can lift and move objects lighter than a wooden chair. You can push a force.
You leap lower than a street lamp. Wait-time before it happens is: 1 sec.

LEVEL 2 - Secondary
And you can also ignite and manipulate a tall flame in a finger-snap.
You can propel and dispel fireballs. Wait-time before it happens is: 2 secs.

LEVEL 3 - Novice
And you can also lift and move objects lighter than a 350 ton boulder.
You fly lower than the clouds. Wait-time before it happens is: 3 secs.

LEVEL 4 - Adept
And you can also ignite and manipulate a rain-and-lightning storm
as well as any weather and natural disasters; fogs, snowstorms,
duststorms, droughts, hurricanes, monsoons, tsunamis, 
cyclones, and tornadoes. Wait-time before it happens is: 4 secs.

LEVEL 5 - Master
And you can also lift and move objects lighter than a 26,000 ton Titanic ship.
You fly lower than the galaxy. Wait-time before it happens is: 5 secs.

LEVEL 6 - Legend
And you can also teleport to a nearby destination you can see and mark
with newfound atomic control. You can crush and suppress oncoming nukes.
You create temperate and pressurized aura fields around you and others
and thus can travel outside in the galaxy. You don't travel light-speed.
Wait-time before it happens is: 6 secs.

Note: Your power can be interrupted by others with the same power and level.

Telepathic Level

LEVEL 1 - Elementary
You can read a mind's stream of consciousness from now to 1 hour ago.
You have to be touching hair and skin. This won't work otherwise.
You too feel pains and emotions they feel. Wait-time before it happens is: 1 sec.

LEVEL 2 - Secondary
And you can also give a mind a stream of consciousness from now up to 1 hour later.
You evolved beyond needing touch. This only works if they are within your sight.
They too feel pains and emotions you feel. Wait-time before it happens is: 2 secs.

LEVEL 3 - Novice
And you can also read a mind's stream of consciousness from now to the hour they woke up.
Your reach does not require sight anymore and has increased to an average house's radius.
You understand and detect animal and plant minds. Wait-time before it happens is: 3 secs.

LEVEL 4 - Adept
And you can also give a mind a stream of consciousness from now to the hour they sleep.
Reach has increased to a sport stadium's radius. You influence animal and plant minds. 
You can block from feeling pains and emotions they feel. Wait-time before it happens is: 4 secs.

LEVEL 5 - Master
And you can also banish a mind, shutting down to deep sleep - the REM phase.
Reach has increased to a city's radius. You access a mind's total memory.
You can detect lies without fail. Wait-time before it happens is: 5 secs.

LEVEL 6 - Legend
And you can also put up a scrambling firewall that other telepaths must decipher to disarm.
This blocks outside telepathy. This causes shared neurosis and nightmarish hallucinations.
Place it on your mind, a mind, or an object with two passwords: a key-word, and a kill-word.
A key-word exits from this scrambling firewall. A kill-word destroys this scrambling firewall.
Reach has increased to a time zone's radius. Wait-time before it happens is: 6 secs.

Note: Your power can be interrupted by others with the same power and level.

Teleanimic Level

LEVEL 1 - Elementary
You know past, present, and future more accurately through tarot and automatic writing.
A soul newly or half dead is able to communicate to you through only these "ouija" means.
During sleep, you can dream up a 1 sec vision about living souls. Wait-time before it happens is: 1 sec.

LEVEL 2 - Secondary
And you can also see souls newly or half dead; they can gesture to you, mouth, and guide silently.
They appear in darkness and/or during dreams. They immediately fade in areas of bright light.
During sleep in the same room, you can enter a living soul's dream. Wait-time before it happens is: 2 secs.

LEVEL 3 - Novice
And you can also hear souls newly or half dead; they can remain visible in areas of bright light.
Leaving behind a half dead body, your half dead soul steps out your body and pass through walls. 
Your soul returns from the dream plane much quicker than those who are not naturally a medium.
During sleep, you can dream up a 3 sec vision about living souls. Wait-time before it happens is: 3 secs.

LEVEL 4 - Adept
And you can also summon souls newly dead; your half dead soul can possess a half dead body.
While living, you can also see living souls as heat signatures even through walls and objects.
During sleep in the same city, you can enter a living soul's dream. Wait-time before it happens is: 4 secs.

LEVEL 5 - Master
And you can also make a haunt. Haunts are astral shades that possess half dead bodies and objects able to be ensouled.
You see and command the haunts you make. You must astral walk to see the haunts in half dead bodies that others make.
Haunts reanimating inanimate objects are obvious. You can do voodoo with hair and flesh stolen from the target soul.
Haunts must not travel outside the city where their maker is present. Otherwise, they become destroyed.
During sleep, you can dream up a 5 sec vision about living souls. Wait-time before it happens is: 5 secs.

LEVEL 6 - Legend
And you can also kill haunts. You can make up to only two anti-haunt rooms. You can hide your living soul.
Your haunts can now entrap souls during astral walks or dreams. Trap intent makes haunts look scary.
Your soul cannot be entrapped by haunts. You can also detect and destroy others' anti-haunt rooms.
You can manipulate dreams. You can fake a copy of your half dead soul. Wait-time before it happens is: 6 secs.

Note: Your power can be interrupted by others with the same power.

Positions
Choose a position for your character. You may have up to two (2) characters initially.

• Bruiser - muscles
  • Performer - actor/spy
  • Operator - transportation expert
  • Tech expert - computers, surveillance
  • Medic - healing
  • Weapons expert - guns, explosives
  • Survivalist - naturist
  • Other - propose something

Team Leads (new feature)
Team leads are open for application as well. They will be given 3 points initially to allocate for psi abilities. There are only 2 team leads - one for each company. Contact the GMs if you're interested in a team lead position.

Corporation
The GMs will be assigning employment to either Spring Organics or Delta Robotics.

Interested in joining?
Make thyself known and complete the following character sheet and PM it to HockeyGod and lux89.

[center][glow=black,2,300][color=gray][i][size=24pt]Psi Role Parameters[/size][/i][/color][/glow][/center]
[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwp45ocnuKRnsIoPC4kMyf7ZVF7wbp0D2ZWkpgIg-tZbDlo2zohA[/img][/float]
[b]Name (Nicknames)[/b]:

[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Weight[/b]:
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Body[/b]:

[b]Telekinetic Level[/b]:
[b]Telepathic Level[/b]:
[b]Teleanimic Level[/b]:

[b]Brief History[/b]:

[b]Corporation[/b]: Decided by GM
[b]Position[/b]: Medic, Bruiser, Tech Expert, Weapons Expert, Performer, Operator or Survivalist

[b]Other Skills[/b]:

[b]Hobbies & Interests[/b]:

[b]Personality[/b]:

[b]Insecurities & Flaws[/b]:

[b]Family[/b]:
[b]Relationship Status[/b]:
[b]Sexuality[/b]:

[b]Player Name[/b]:
[b]Model[/b]:

[spoiler= Other Pics]

Lockepick

Posting interest! I'll be away from my computer for the next week, so a more detailed answer to follow!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Barnbean

im interested in the game for sure!

Kye

What kind of posting rate do you hope to maintain in this game?

HockeyGod

Quote from: Kyrsa on June 01, 2018, 10:08:43 AM
What kind of posting rate do you hope to maintain in this game?

Great question, Kyrsa! Lux and I have very different posting rates. Lux is a posting fiend and I'm usually an every other day. We're flexible in posting. For those in critical positions like the CEO and leaders of the teams, the posting frequency would be higher - every other day at a minimum. During assignments to move the plot along at least every 2-3 days would be appreciated. For supporting characters - like a scientist in the lab or someone not integral to the assignment at hand, more laissez-faire posting would be just fine. Hopefully that's helpful.

HockeyGod

Note the following has been added above. Thank you to Dragongoddess for helping us think through this!

Team Leads (new feature)
Team leads are open for application as well. They will be given 3 points initially to allocate for psi abilities. There are only 2 team leads - one for each company. Contact the GMs if you're interested in a team lead position.

lux89

Approved!

Name (Nicknames): Isabella Ray Weston (Weston or Boss to the team; Weston or Izzy to CEO and close friends; Bella or Izzy to family)

Height: 5'6
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Body: Athletic

Telekinetic Level: 1
Telepathic Level: 2
Teleanimic Level:

Brief History: Izzy Weston was always competitive.  From the moment she was born outside the bubble, she always had to be the best at whatever she did.  Her family jokes that this started from birth where she was the first child in a set of twins to be born.  Then she passed all the milestones months before her twin.  But this need to be the best made her wanted by the corporations pretty young and though it helped, Izzy made herself known as the woman her CEO wanted as a team lead after she buried herself in her work when her fiancee was murdered.

Corporation: Decided by GM
Position:Team Lead

Other Skills: Having been a spy for the corporation before being promoted to team lead, Izzy knows a little bit of each role as she needed to have certain skills at her disposal.  She also has learned to withstand great deals of pain, and is great at mentally and physically torturing an enemy.  Izzy also can split-second react to just about any situation, is highly adept at expecting things and the better she knows a person, the better she can anticipate their actions and reactions.

Hobbies & Interests: No one is really sure what Izzy's hobbies and interests are outside of competition as she keeps her personal life close to her chest.

Personality: Weston is considered a workaholic by most people.  Typically the first one in and last out, Izzy is known to bury herself in work and never takes a day off, even if she's risking her own life to work (which she has done before). Though secretive about her history and personal life, Weston tends to act like a head of house over her family.  From keeping her people together and protecting them to teaching her team the rules of life she knows to be important, Izzy has a soft spot for her people.  Her biggest trait however is her loyalty; to the CEO, to her team, and to her family.

Insecurities & Flaws: Though she tries to stay professional, Izzy has a bit of a temper.  She also has a soft spot for family (both work and blood).  Her biggest insecurity though is her past and the death of her fiancee.

Family:
          Maternal Grandmother: Isadora Scott
          Maternal Grandfather: Michael Scott--Deceased
          Paternal Grandmother: Beatrice Weston--Deceased
          Paternal Grandfather: Daniel Weston--Deceased
          Mother: Emilia Weston
          Father: Andrew Weston
          Brother: Jonathon Weston
          Sister-in-Law: Rebecca Weston
          Twin Brother: Matthias Weston
          Younger Brother: James Weston
Relationship Status: Single
Sexuality: Straight

Player Name: Dragongoddess
Model: Lauren German

1 Team Lead left!

Dragongoddess

Thank you for the approval, guys!  Can't wait to see who Izzy will be working with and against!

HockeyGod

Quote from: Dragongoddess on June 01, 2018, 10:25:33 PM
Thank you for the approval, guys!  Can't wait to see who Izzy will be working with and against!

Ditto! Very excited for this game ;)

Dragongoddess

Inviting someone I think might be interested!  Hoping we get some more characters coming in soon.  Weston's gonna need a team to lead when we get started!  Haha

HockeyGod

Quote from: Dragongoddess on June 04, 2018, 06:58:18 PM
Inviting someone I think might be interested!  Hoping we get some more characters coming in soon.  Weston's gonna need a team to lead when we get started!  Haha

Yay! We have 2 on the docket too - one is out of town and the other is working on a bio ;)

Dragongoddess

Quote from: HockeyGod on June 04, 2018, 07:06:23 PM
Yay! We have 2 on the docket too - one is out of town and the other is working on a bio ;)
Awesome!  Can't wait for them to be approved!

JustAlexander

I’m very interested in joining!  I hope to start my character during my lunch break in a few hours but it won’t be ready until at least tomorrow morning.

HockeyGod

Quote from: JustAlexander on June 04, 2018, 07:48:28 PM
I’m very interested in joining!  I hope to start my character during my lunch break in a few hours but it won’t be ready until at least tomorrow morning.

Awesome!

Lockepick

I'm still very interested! Working on catching up after my vacation -- but I don't think I'll be going for a Team Leader role. If necessary, I could -- but I might prefer not being in a position of power.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Lockepick on June 04, 2018, 09:15:04 PM
I'm still very interested! Working on catching up after my vacation -- but I don't think I'll be going for a Team Leader role. If necessary, I could -- but I might prefer not being in a position of power.
Welcome back!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

lux89

Excited to see the roster of rivalship and friends :D
It is gonna be a head trip

persephone325

Just throwing out interest. Not sure if I can commit 100% right now with all I have going on. But I do really like this idea. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

JustAlexander

I’m sorry but due to some complications IRL I won’t be able to join the game at this time after all.  I apologize for wasting your time.

HockeyGod

Quote from: persephone325 on June 05, 2018, 02:30:16 AM
Just throwing out interest. Not sure if I can commit 100% right now with all I have going on. But I do really like this idea. ^^

Interest noted

Quote from: JustAlexander on June 05, 2018, 06:09:09 PM
I’m sorry but due to some complications IRL I won’t be able to join the game at this time after all.  I apologize for wasting your time.

No worries - real life comes first ;)

HockeyGod

Greetings folks - thanks for your interest. We've got 5 players committed and don't think that's enough at this time We're like to pause this for a little bit and come back with new recruitment.