[DnD 5e] The Advent of Shadow (Closed)

Started by Naughty Miss Adventure, August 30, 2017, 05:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmone else

Okay, so this character sheet is blatantly stolen from modeled on the one RedPhoenix used. I think I've got everything, although now that I'm looking at some of the other submissions I'm a little worried my character hits a lot of the same notes as some of the others. The cute picture is hyperlinked in the title, as per forum rules.

Race: Half-Orc
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Level: 1
Classes: Barbarian 1
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Background: Outlander
Languages: Common, Orc, Dwarven

Orientation: Bisexual, slight preference for women
Height: A bit under 6'
Weight: Well-muscled

Armor Class: 15
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30'
Passive Perception: 11   
Max Hit Points: 15
Hit Dice: 1- 1d12

Attributes
STR: 18 (+4) (Proficient)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 16 (+3) (Proficient)
INT: 08 (-1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 08 (-1)

Skills
Athletics (+6)
Intimidation (+1)
Nature (+2)
Perception (+2)
Survival (+2)

Tool Proficiencies: Flute

Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons

Armor Proficiencies: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields

Features
Wanderer - You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

Darkvision - 60'

Menacing - Proficiency in Intimidation.

Relentless Endurance - When reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, be reduced to 1 hit point instead and make a weapon attack as a reaction. Recharges on long rest.

Rage - Advantage on Strength checks and saves, +2 melee damage, resistance to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing. Lasts for 1 minute or until you haven't attacked or taken damage that turn. 2 per long rest.

Unarmored Defense - When not using armor, AC is 10 + Dexterity + Constitution.

Feat: Orcish Fury - Roll one of your weapon's damage dice again and add it as extra damage, recharges on short rest.

Equipment
Greataxe
2 Handaxes

Walking stick
Hunting trap
Traveler's Clothes
Belt pouch
Bear hide cloak and blanket
Flute

10gp

Weapon Attacks
Weapon: Greataxe
Type: Heavy, Two-Handed
Range: Melee
Atk Bonus: +6
Damage: 1d12+4, +6 if raging

Handaxe
Type: Light, Thrown
Range: Melee or 20/60
Atk Bonus: +6
Damage: 1d6+4, +6 if raging

Biography
The oldest of seven siblings, Yazul has always been a bit too restless, a bit too wild for life on her family farm on the outskirts of town. She's no stranger to the hard work of farm living, and loves spending time with her younger siblings, but... well, there's always a 'but' somewhere.

'Yaz' has more than a bit of a temper, and she's started more than her fair share of brawls in town, looking for a fight. To try to keep the peace her parents started sending her into town less and less, keeping her home on the farm to watch the plots, or her siblings, or just twiddle her thumbs. That didn't sit right with her either, so she started to venture out into the forest. At first it was just to look around, trying to find adventure, but as time went on she started to learn real skills. Hunting, how to keep an eye on your surroundings. How to trap, what kinds of berries and lumber were worth marking or bringing back to town. Out in the wild there's a whole education to be had.

Of course, there's more to the world than just one wild, and just one wood. And the next chance Yaz sees for some real adventure, she's going to take it.

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on September 07, 2017, 01:02:40 AM
I understand vastowen.

I have just posted up the OOC page.  No one should post in it, until your character has been officially confirm here in the recruitment thread.  The reason I'm directing everyone to it is because it contains some pointers that everyone should be clear on and agree to.  If any of them are going to be a problem, it would be a good time to bow out (or PM me if you don't want to do so publicly).
That schedule should work for me, and the rest all seems fine... I have seen games ruined by party conflict and OOC arguments (though not on this site), so I can understand the concern. It's definitely something I want to avoid.

persephone325

As much as I would like to submit a character, I just can't seem to find the muse... :-(

My apologies.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: persephone325 on September 07, 2017, 02:17:41 AM
As much as I would like to submit a character, I just can't seem to find the muse... :-(

My apologies.
That's okay persephone, it was all rather short notice :-[

Perhaps we can meet in some other game when the time permits? :-)
Ons & Offs (last updated: 15.08.21)
Absences & Apologies (back after a near year-long absence!)
Current Status: Not Accepting New Games; Muse: Erratic

Visit Eridor, where the Black Gate has been opened! (Long-term D&D 5e project)
Visit Carla at The Breeding House of Vinicus

persephone325

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on September 07, 2017, 02:22:15 AM
That's okay persephone, it was all rather short notice :-[

Perhaps we can meet in some other game when the time permits? :-)

Of course! I was going to say "Perhaps next time", but I didn't want to be too presumptuous. ;)

I do hope this game turns out well for all involved! ^^ It looks like fun.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Muse

I am both very agreeable too--and greatful for--those rules.  :)  And it seems like a nice game pace, too. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Corinthi

*grumbles at the lack of tarting packages and rewrites his character's gear*

Muse

Checking to see if I need to make any final adjustments. 

Am I supposed to use 60GP in place of my class and background starting packages? 

(And how much is a most excelent tom cat?)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Laughing Hyena

Aramis Keelan
Race: Red Dragonborn
Alignment: Neutral Good
Character Level: 1
Classes: Wizard 1
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Background: Sage (Wizard's Apprentice)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elvish, Goblin
Worships: No particular deity in general.

Orientation: Heterosexual
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 182 lbs

Armor Class: 12
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30'
Passive Perception: 12   
Max Hit Points: 8
Hit Dice: 1- 1d6+2

Attributes
STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 14 (+2) (Proficient)
INT: 15 (+2) (Proficient)
WIS: 14 (+2) (Proficient)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Skills
Arcana
History
Investigation
Religion

Tool Proficiencies: None

Weapon Proficiencies: Dagger, Dart, Sling, Quarterstaff, Crossbow

Armor Proficiencies: None

Features
Draconic Ancestry: Red - Breath Weapon is Fire Damage and is Granted Fire Damage Resistance.

Breath Weapon: Fire - 2d6 Fire Damage, 15 ft Cone, Dex Save (DC: 12)

Arcane Recovery - You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.

Researcher - When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. usually this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or learned individual or creature.

Feat: Resilient - +1 Constitution, Gains Proficiency in Constitution Saving Throws

Equipment
Dagger
Arcane Focus (Wand)
Apprentice's Spellbook
Scholar's Pack - (Side Backpack), Lore Book, Bottle of Ink, Ink Pen, 10 sheets of parchment, little bag of sand, small knife.
Explorer Pack - (Backpack), Bedroll, Mess Kit, Tinderbox, 10 Torches, 10 Days of Rations, Waterskin, 50ft Hemp Rope

100gp

Weapon Attacks
Weapon: Fire Bolt
Type: Fire
Range: 120 feet
Atk Bonus: +4
Damage: 1d10

Weapon:
Type:
Range:
Atk Bonus:
Damage:

Weapon: Dagger
Type: Light, Thrown, Piercing
Range: Melee or 20/60
Atk Bonus: +
Damage: 1d4+3

Biography

Aramis is from a family of guild merchants that came to Besander to raise a family and retire. They have a son whom whilst he doesn't have the vernacular for fighting has a keen mind and cleverness that is not too common amongst Dragonborn. He was born a runt which didn't help his chances of growing to reach full potential as a Dragonborn in terms of martial training nor making him appealing towards others of his kind. Whilst he was born in Barroc he has no memory of it as he was an infant by the time his parents had come to retire in the sleepy little village. Much of his youth was spent toiling and doing his part to help the fields and crops, just so he could fit in and not be a shut in. His off time was spent pouring over fables, legends and books, anything he could get his hands on in terms of knowledge. His true talents manifested however when the traders came in to peddle their wares as they do.

There he found a leather-bound book with immaculately white pages and a lock upon it. When he stopped to have a look at what he bought with his small savings he was disappointed to learn that there was nothing within the book. All the pages were blank yet he felt his mind becoming amazingly clear and focused whenever he looked upon the empty pages. He couldn't part with the book in spite of what he saw. He wouldn't stop looking over the book to try and figure it out. His parents, being merchants themselves found his fascination with the book to be both unhealthy and suspicious so they removed it from his person and sought the aid of the local elven wizard to determine if the item in question was cursed. When she came, she was able every quickly figure out what it was about.

There were magical protections upon the book that kept the pages blank. It still didn't explain the fascination and clarity so she asked the son to now look and see what was on it pointing out one passage in particular. Surprisingly he was able to read the markings upon it and inadvertently cast his first spell. A cantrip of minor tricks and pleasantries that allowed him to snuff out the candles at the dining room where this experiment took place. A spell book from an unknown wizard had found it's way into the hands of a person with a talent for magic. With this realization she took the Dragonborn as a rather unique apprentice. Needless to say he jumped at the opportunities this presented and whilst having a firm grasp of the basics he has become a proficient magic user.

-Spells Prepared-

Spell Save DC: 12

Cantrips: At Will
1st Level: Identify, Mage Armor, Unseen Servant

-Spellbook-

Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Light, Mage Hand

1st Level: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Detect Magic, Identify, Mage Armor, Unseen Servant

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: Muse on September 07, 2017, 10:04:38 AM
Checking to see if I need to make any final adjustments. 

Am I supposed to use 60GP in place of my class and background starting packages? 

(And how much is a most excelent tom cat?)
Correct.  I will put the cat at around 3 gp.

Alrighty!  The application process is now closed; now for my least favorite part.  Choosing :-\

Frelance

Good luck! That's always the worst part.
Evolution is an arms race

Naughty Miss Adventure

Another update made to the world building thread.

Naughty Miss Adventure

Okay, I'm not going to procrastinate for longer than I need, and just throw it out - it has been something of a difficult, if not painful process at times - so the chosen ones are:

• RedPhoenix - LG Female Mountain Dwarf Fighter - Bretta Brassknuckle
  • Caitlin - CN Female Half-Elf Bard - Carmen Silverwood
  • clonkertink - LN Male Half-Elf Cleric - Damien Fairbright
  • Quasar - NG Male Half-Elf Paladin - Kyras
  • Frelance - CG Male Rock Gnome Warlock - Kess Strongfold
  • Elven Sex Goddess - CN Female Half-Elf Warlock - Domina
  • CeruleanSerenity - CG Female Tiefling Rogue - Iris

To say a simple thanks for your participation to the rest of you would be to cheapen the characters you've presented, so let me say instead, thank you for making it difficult for me. :-[

The rest of you have gathered your party and may venture forth! (to the OOC)

shmone else

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Corinthi

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on September 07, 2017, 07:53:14 PM
Okay, I'm not going to procrastinate for longer than I need, and just throw it out - it has been something of a difficult, if not painful process at times - so the chosen ones are:

• RedPhoenix - LG Female Mountain Dwarf Fighter - Bretta Brassknuckle
  • Caitlin - CN Female Half-Elf Bard - Carmen Silverwood
  • clonkertink - LN Male Half-Elf Cleric - Damien Fairbright
  • Quasar - NG Male Half-Elf Paladin - Kyras
  • Frelance - CG Male Rock Gnome Warlock - Kess Strongfold
  • Elven Sex Goddess - CN Female Half-Elf Warlock - Domina
  • CeruleanSerenity - CG Female Tiefling Rogue - Iris

To say a simple thanks for your participation to the rest of you would be to cheapen the characters you've presented, so let me say instead, thank you for making it difficult for me. :-[

The rest of you have gathered your party and may venture forth! (to the OOC)

Congratulations! Have fun folks, see you next time Miss Adventure

Naughty Miss Adventure

Muse

I second all the sentiments. 

I really apreciate the story your'e weaving here, M.A.  Please keep me in mind if you ever start it agian! 

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os