Any Gundam fans in the crowd?

Started by SargentToughie, April 11, 2010, 09:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargentToughie

This would be an RP based in an alternate universe Gundam story of my own creation. Right now I'm just poking around to see if anybody would be interested, and if at least two or three people jump on board, I'll provide more details for the RP. The severity of the content will also be talked about once we've got something rolling.

For now though, who wants to jump into the cockpit of a massive steel soldier and have some fun?
*I do! I do!*

EDIT 1: Alright, well, it's clear I've got at least a few people who would like a Gundam RP, so here's a little bit of backstory to get us rolling.

In the reaches of space, there had always been an incredible silence, a sort of quiet peace that space had known since the birth of time. This peace was brought to an end around the time that humans started populating the stars. The space colonization of humanity was formed in a desperate attempt to escape a world that was clearly on a course to utter destruction. As humanity slowly started to leave its home, the violent nature of the people left on earth started to escalate. At the climax of its violent fury, humanity started something that would later be called the one day war, a battle that would end in a single day. About twenty four hours after war was declared, nuclear weapons were sent off by every country that possessed them, wiping out an unbelievable amount of the world's population instantly.

To preserve what little remained of their planet, the world's governments banned together in a hastily formed united world leadership. The results of this careless action brought humanity on earth into a new dark age, where only the rich were given power and authority, and the middle and lower classes were left for dead. The people in charge realized their mistakes, and they tried to do everything in their power to undo the broken government, however, to those with money and power, this new government and world order was a paradise. And by the time that the wrongdoing was realized, it was far too late to make a lasting impact. The people left to suffer under the weight of this new government cried out for help, reaching towards the stars towards the flourishing space colonies, however, to those who escaped into space, this was earth's problem and theirs alone. It seemed that there was no hope left for the suffering people of earth.

But that changed when Arteron appeared, Arteron was the first group to rise up and fight against the Earth forces, and they were by far the most successful. Formed from middle and lower class civilians that were unable to tolerate being pushed around and made to suffer by those in authority, the rebels of Arteron fought back against the Earth forces. In their initial blitzkrieg style assault, Arteron was able to catch the Earth forces completely off guard. They successfully made off with several mobile suits and a hi-jacked space frigate before making their escape aboard their new prize. The Earth forces tried to swiftly launch a counterattack, but were unable to, because Arteron was able to hide away in the space colonies.

Secretly backed by several space colonies and enlisting an overwhelming number of refugees almost overnight, Arteron quickly became one of the most powerful groups to resist the Earth forces. And so the war began, with Arteron performing multiple hit and run style attacks on the Earth forces before retreating to the safety of the outer colonies. It didn't take long for the people of Earth counter, by seizing control of colonies one at a time in order to reduce the number of safe places for Arteron to hide. As Earth force's influence slowly extended outward, the Arteron rebels knew that they were running out of time, they had to bring a swift and decisive end to their war against Earth.

this is actually copy/ pasted from a Fanfic that I'm writing at the moment, so, who's still interested?

EDIT 2: Arteron is the team with the Gundams, if you're interested in piloting one of these, go right on ahead and create whatever kind of mechanical killing machine you desire.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Jarod1

I would be intersted, though I'd like to hear more.

Paladin

I'm game but as Jarod said I'd like to know more.

SargentToughie

Got that backstory that was requested, see the intro post
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Jarod1

I'm still game, now I need to think of a character.

SargentToughie

the side we're playing for should be pretty obvious, Arteron is the side with the Gundams. If you're interested in piloting one of these Hyper-advanced suits, it's an open possibility.

And if any people out there want to be members of the Earth forces, that's alright too, so long as there's not too many of them out there. Can't have more bad guy players then good guy players.
Ons and offs

Paladin

I'm up for a Gundam. Do we get to build them?

SargentToughie

What kind of GM would I be if I handed out copy/ paste Gundams? Create whatever kind of mechanical killing machine that your heart fancies. But the following Gundam name is off limits.

Name: Legacy

erm... That doesn't make the name of my character's Gundam obvious or anything...
Ons and offs

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Paladin

I was Thinking "Starfire" or "Archangel" gundam. Think firepower along that of Wing Zero or Freedom Gundam.

Paladin

Quote from: Paladin on April 11, 2010, 11:20:50 PM
I was Thinking "Starfire" or "Archangel" gundam. Think firepower along that of Wing Zero or Freedom Gundam.

But yea I'm in too. Probably firepower along the lines of Freedom. I loved Freedom gundam.

SargentToughie

Works for me, the Legacy is going to be packing weaponry most similar to either the Destiny Gundam, or the Burning Gundam.

I may also change it from Legacy to Valiant, depending on the specific Gundam's style. (This blends in with my Fanfic, so I want to keep it sort of similar.)
Ons and offs

pendarious

looks cool......hmm......i liked both destiny and Strike Freedom a lot hmm.......i think if i make a gundam i dont' have a name for it yet but it will probably have similar equipment to the destiny......
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Paladin

Wait there was a strike Freedom? Was that the one in Gundam Seed Destiny? Cause thats the one I'm thinking of.

SargentToughie

If it's the Gundam with the giant longsword, then it's the Destiny... At least I think, I haven't seen too much of Gundam seed, My two favorite universes are UC and 00.
Ons and offs

Paladin

Quote from: DemonWing01 on April 11, 2010, 11:38:41 PM
If it's the Gundam with the giant longsword, then it's the Destiny... At least I think, I haven't seen too much of Gundam seed, My two favorite universes are UC and 00.

Never was a fan of OO Just couldn't get into it. Alsolutly loved endless waltz though.  BTW I have that same pic on my PC. I use it for a character.

pendarious

strike freedom was the really kick ass version of the freedom that came in during ep 33 of Destiny.

i like just about every gundam universe.....00 was ok but i prefer UC or Seed/Destiny

Paladin

Yea Strike was the one with the 4 Plasma guns on it and the kickass moves. Thats the one I was talking about. I keep getting it nad Freedom mixed up in my head though I own both series. apparently I'm not watching them enough. Or maybe its too much.

SargentToughie

Quote from: Paladin on April 11, 2010, 11:41:25 PM

Never was a fan of OO Just couldn't get into it. Alsolutly loved endless waltz though.  BTW I have that same pic on my PC. I use it for a character.

OO had a good story, I really don't understand why it receives as much hate as it does. Regardless, if I had to compare my new and revised Gundam to anything, it would be closest to Exia from... OO. But I've got others in the works if it looks like too many players are basing theirs off the Destiny gundam.
Ons and offs

Paladin

Quote from: DemonWing01 on April 11, 2010, 11:48:32 PM
OO had a good story, I really don't understand why it receives as much hate as it does. Regardless, if I had to compare my new and revised Gundam to anything, it would be closest to Exia from... OO. But I've got others in the works if it looks like too many players are basing theirs off the Destiny gundam.
I'll look at some gundam stuff The only think I'm doing is the Massive firepower Stroke FRedom could put out. As for design maybe I will do a totally custom one.

pendarious

the more i think about it though the more i'm considering using something like the ZZ gundam....that was a cool one.....and the reason 00 gets so much hate is because the machines in it are so uber bullshit powerfull with that G-furnace mode where all of the gundams power diverts into assult force making the whole gundam like a colony laser in power......and some of the characters are even flatter in regards to personality than the characters of MS Gundam

SargentToughie

I would love for a Gundam similar to ZZ to come in, that would be rather unique. And you do have a point with the uber bullshit powerful Gundams, but I still liked the series.

I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you guys come up with.
Ons and offs

Paladin

Quote from: DemonWing01 on April 11, 2010, 11:54:18 PM
I would love for a Gundam similar to ZZ to come in, that would be rather unique. And you do have a point with the uber bullshit powerful Gundams, but I still liked the series.

I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you guys come up with.

I may actually go with sonmething like Nu gundam from Char's counter attack. The beam funnels were kinda cool

Paladin

Or Maybe Gundam X. I never seen the series though.

pendarious

i liked 00 also dispite the uber bullshit powerful gundams.

Nu gundam did have funnels but then again so does Psycho Gundam, Psycho Gundam MK II, Strike Freedom, Providence, and Legend and then let's not forget that non gundams like Sazabi and the Quebeley and Alpha Azuru and i think even Quinmantha had them as well.....