X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adammair

Um, okay...why do I have an interest in playing a male Mystique? ???

SpiralSpider

Quote from: Adammair on May 31, 2014, 01:38:58 AM

Seems to be a popular idea. I think DarkAngel's doing it.  :-\
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Rave

Quote from: Adammair on May 31, 2014, 01:38:58 AM

There's already a male mystique. His character sheet is literally two posts behind yours, lol.

Adammair

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 30, 2014, 08:45:35 PM
Officially claiming Marrow for my third ;)

I had briefly considered Marrow.  I do feel obligated that in a strange way (don't judge me...) I've always had a crush on Marrow. 

Coming soon...

Kuroneko

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on May 31, 2014, 02:06:20 AM
I had briefly considered Marrow.  I do feel obligated that in a strange way (don't judge me...) I've always had a crush on Marrow.

Why would I judge you?  I obviously love her too ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Darthvegeta800

I'm interested in playing either Doctor Doom or Moon Knight.
Would they work?
The setting seems focussed first and foremost on the X-school after all. :)

DarkAngel111

sorry ;P
have had reservation for Mystique up for over a week now,
Its a bit of a busy time of year for me, but I will be back around in 8-9 days from now, and throwing in posts faster. Till then I am holding off starting here since the game is moving fast I don't want to hold anyone up.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Darthvegeta800 on May 31, 2014, 02:43:45 AM
I'm interested in playing either Doctor Doom or Moon Knight.
Would they work?
The setting seems focussed first and foremost on the X-school after all. :)

Doom would be rather difficult to fit into this particular game, I think. Moon Knight would be possible as long as he had a reason for being at the school.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 31, 2014, 02:20:12 AM
Why would I judge you?  I obviously love her too ;)

The judgement thing kind of went to everyone.  And it was in regards to how certain people like to draw her like she's more deformed than normal and looks like a monster and stuff.  Still, I love the character.  Student or teacher?

Coming soon...

Doomsday

I'm very interested in creating a female OC, if people are comfortable with that. I used to play the FASERIP system with some friends so I'm quite eager to create a character, even if the roleplaying will be entirely freeform. Orange Marmalade, how are we rolling powers and abilities? Are there any pdf's hosted online?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Doomsday on May 31, 2014, 11:54:16 AM
I'm very interested in creating a female OC, if people are comfortable with that. I used to play the FASERIP system with some friends so I'm quite eager to create a character, even if the roleplaying will be entirely freeform. Orange Marmalade, how are we rolling powers and abilities? Are there any pdf's hosted online?

Hi there!

There's no power rolling or anything like that for this, FASERIP is only used as a very rough baseline for stats and are chosen to fit the character, so you're free to choose as appropriate (within the guidelines listed for OCs on the character sheet) :)

Empyrean

I'm curious. Would a female teenage Magneto work for this game?

King Serperior

Hmmm.....I am sorely tempted to make a "Weapon X Marrow" in which the Adamantium has bonded with her DNA, thus, ALL bones that she controls within her body will be Adamantium (Ex:  She rips out a rib to use as a weapon, only for the rib to replace itself.  Instead of regrowing as Bone, it is regrown as Adamantinum-covered bone).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

King Serperior

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 31, 2014, 01:32:31 PM
Marrow has already been claimed, King. Sorry. <3
D:  I didn't see her listed in the OP.....bah......back to the drawing board then. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RubySlippers

I have a question do all characters have to be sexy human mutants that can fight I was under the impression the school is a place for mutants to hone their gifts and be themselves being an artistic genius should count if due to a mutation?

King Serperior

Since I couldn't find a full list, I went ahead and made one for my own sanity.
Characters already taken

Marrow
Beast
Jubilee
Quicksilver
Cloak
Forge / The Maker
Pyro
Juggernaut
Wolverine
She-Hulk
Deadpool
Iron Fist
Cyclops
Iceman(woman)
Cronus
Rogue
Mirage
Dazzler
Wiccan
Phoenix
Sabertooth
Q / Omega
Lucifera
Domino
Nirvana
Spiderman
Nightcrawler
Black Bishop
Construct
Hulkling
Amp
Spiderwoman
Twins
Influx
Rampart
Pulse
Colossus
Longshot
Firestar
Shadowcat
White King
Shade
Wildcard
Chamber
Blink
Enigma
Ghost
Daredevil
Multiple man
Rictor
Polaris
Wolfsbane
Jade Spider
UpLink

After digging through my Marvel Knowledge, I am going to recreate the mutant, "Mimic" with a slight upgrade to his powers.  He can copy the powers and abilities of up to 5 individuals at a time, but only at 50% strength.  I am going to up it to 80% strength to make him a little stronger, but not overpowered.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Rave

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Mikhail Uriokovitch Ursus.
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Ursa Major, Bol'saja Medvedica.
Citizenship and other legal info: Dual Citizinship - Russian / American.
Place of Birth:Khystym, Siberia, Russia.
Education: Equivalent of a G.E.D.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6' 3" (human) / 7'5" (bear).
Weight: 255 lbs (116 kg) (human)/955 lbs (433.2 kg) (bear)
Hair color: Light Brown.
Eye color: Brown.
Ethnicity: Caucasian.
General Appearance: Mikhail is literally built like a bear, but in a more human sense, his muscles are near over flowing. They're not overly bulgy or big for no reason, but it is crystal clear that he is strong. Very strong. More so, his body is littered in tattoos. He has sleeves on both arms, crawling from wrist to shoulder. He has a gun tattood at his hip, giving the apperance of a concealed weapon, and a couple of tattoos on the side of his head. All in all, he looks very intimating and un-approachable. Giving off the 'Don't fuck with me' vibe.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons/Offs: Same as Players (See Signature)
Goals: Rehabillitate. Beat these spoiled kids into Warriors. Seek a better life for himself. Find his father.
Wealth Level: 1 - He is dirt poor, previously incarcerated. Relying on the X-Mansion for shelter and sustenance.
Personality:

Mikhail is an angry Russian. That should sum it all up. He has a very strong Russian accent that you can see an example of  HERE. He gives off an unapproachable vibe to common people he has no relationships with, and only those who are intimate with him get to know anything about him. He's incredibly strict and critical, especially towards students. He's grown a bad reputation as being one of those people you do not want to get angry, as he will likely react in a volatile manner. Very much like a bear, Mikhail can be feral. He enjoys open spaces and hates the outdoors. In Winter-Time, he is perpetually sleepy, a side effect of the usual Bear hibernation effect. Extremely protective over what he loves, Extremely dangerous to whom he hates, the best words to describe Ursa is simply "Proceed with Caution, and you damn better get your homework done on time."

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: T.A to all Danger Room Classes / Logan's self defense class.
Year: Teacher's Assistant. Does not apply.
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: The Bear Appreciation club.

STATS:
Fighting: 5 - Agility: 3- Strength: 7 - Endurance: 6 - Reason: 4 - Intuition: 4- Psyche: 2

POWERS:
Bear Metamorphosis - Ursa Major has the mutant ability to transform himself into a large anthrophomorphic bear. While in this form, Ursa Major retains his human intelligence, personality and ability to speak, though his personality does become more feral and he begins to lose control over his human intelligence if he remains in his transformed state for several hours consecutively. Ursa Major was trained by the Soviet Military as a child, and trained in the use of his powers by Professor Phobos, being a graduate of Professor Phobos's mutant training school.

While transformed, Ursa Major possesses superhuman strength, stamina and resistance to physical injury to a much greater degree than an actual bear of similar size possesses. His strength is sufficient to allow him to engage in a one-on-one battle with The Hulk and survive (See comics, not relative to actual RP). His senses are also heightened to a superhuman degree, particularly his sense of smell, which he can use to track a target by scent. Also, like a real bear, Ursa Major possesses non-retractable claws. These claws are relatively blunt, as they are with an actual bear, but can be used as effective weapons when coupled with his great strength

ADVANTAGES:

Superhuman Strength: While transformed, Ursa Major possesses superhuman strength much greater than an actual brown bear of similar size. At his peak, his strength is sufficient to lift about 15 tons.

Peak Human Speed: Like an actual brown bear, Ursa Major is capable of running at speeds of up to 35 miles per hour.

Superhuman Stamina: Ursa Major's musculature produces much less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair him.

Peak Human Agility: Despite his great size and bulk in his transformed state, Ursa Major's agility and bodily coordination are equal to that of an Olympic level athlete.

Peak Human Reflexes: Ursa Major's natural reaction time, much like a real brown bears, is equal to that of an Olympic level athlete.

Superhuman Durability: The tissues of Ursa Major's body are harder and more resistant to certain injuries than those of a normal human. Ursa Major is particularly resistant to great impacts and blunt trauma force. While not invulnerable, he can withstand impacts, such as falling from several stories or being repeatedly struck with superhuman force, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no injury.

Superhuman Acute Sense Of Smell: Like a real brown bear, Ursa Major possesses a highly developed sense of smell. He is capable of tracking a target by scent with an impressive degree of success, even if the scent has been eroded over time by natural factors such as weather conditions.

DISADVANTAGES:
Vulnerable to psychic attacks - Ursa isn't very well equipped to deal with psychologcal or magical attacks, especially ones that target the mind. He is a very melee heavy mutant, relying mostly on his physical power and transformation. As such, he can be contain using mental based powers if used from a distance.
Exposure - If Ursa stays in his bear form for more than twenty four hours, his sanity begins to dwell away and his animal instincts take over, reducing him to a common, overly big and powerful bear. He loses most of his humanity at that stage.
Vodka - This is his kryptonite. You buy him a big bottle of Vodka, and you may just get away with a few things he would otherwise kill you for doing. This would often be used as a Loop Hole by students over the age of 21, or whom otherwise acquired the alcohol illegally.

SKILLS:
Dirty Fighting: - Growing up on the streets, Mikhail has picked up a very specific fighting style and skill set born from his poverty and street life. Even outside of his bear form, he is an extremely formidable hand to hand combatant and plays dirty. He is not afraid to use any means necessarily.
Weapon usage: - Trained within a special division of the Russian Military up until the age of 10, he has knowledge in using just about all guns created before 2020.
Full control over his abilities - Spending time in jail and growing up on his own forced him to fully develop his mutant powers, making use of it to its extremes and having nothing left to learn.

HISTORY:
Mikhail was born to a Russian father and a Slovakian mother in Siberia, Russia, during a time where the Russian government was still experiment with mutant powers upon their discovery. The operation was top secret and never made public knowledge, but Mikhail was taken when he was 3 from his parents and thrust into the special Russian military division designed for training mutants. It was called Professor Phobos's mutant training school, and he was the top graduate at the age of 10. It was just around that time that Mutant paranoia began to rise, and the Russians decided to terminate the mutant program along with everyone who participated in it. Fearing for his son's safety, Mikhail father forged him an American citizenship before shipping him off to the United States.

Completely lost, and without knowledge of a single English word, Mikhail was thrown from foster home to foster home until he eventually decided to take matters into his own hands. Living in poverty, off the streets or in the woods were his only options. When he'd have no money to feed or buy anything for himself, he'd shift into his bear form and take off into the woods, trying to survive in the wild as long as he could without completely losing his sanity and forgoing his human self.

When he reached his late teens, things were so bad that he resulted in a life of crime. Using his abilities to scare store owners out and stealing their money developed into full on armed robberies, and he was successful in several, giving him a brief taste of what it was like to live normally before he was caught and arrested in a botched job. Mikhail was thrown in Juvi, and spent the next years from age 16 to 20 incarcerated. When he got out, he was no better than when he came in. His control was better over his abilities, but he still had no home and no money. He took off into the woods, shifting again and spending four years on and off as a bear, living off of hunted deer and sap.

He'd finally had enough when he was twenty four, and decided to return to crime in order to just get himself out of there and back to Russia. Unfortunately, he was still under surveillance because of his record, and he was caught attempting to plot another robbery over a large scale bank. This time, he was charged as an adult and given a life sentence in prison, where Mikhail thought his life would end. He didn't transform and break out, because at least they were feeding him. He spent the next year there, before he was found by Professor X, and scouted by his teachers.

Niki315

I don't know if I got overlooked or not, but I made my character and I was wondering if it could be approved.  She is linked here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204309.msg10053120#msg10053120

Also, Kuroneko, I modified my second ability so it's not the same as Forge's.

And Strangefate, I had thought about going with Alchemist also, so I think I'm going to stick with it instead of Resonance.  Resonance was the name for a different concept I had and I figure in case I want a second character I may keep it in reserve.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rave on May 31, 2014, 02:33:40 PM

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Mikhail Uriokovitch Ursus.
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Ursa Major, Bol'saja Medvedica.
Citizenship and other legal info: Dual Citizinship - Russian / American.
Place of Birth:Khystym, Siberia, Russia.
Education: Equivalent of a G.E.D.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6' 3" (human) / 7'5" (bear).
Weight: 255 lbs (116 kg) (human)/955 lbs (433.2 kg) (bear)
Hair color: Light Brown.
Eye color: Brown.
Ethnicity: Caucasian.
General Appearance: Mikhail is literally built like a bear, but in a more human sense, his muscles are near over flowing. They're not overly bulgy or big for no reason, but it is crystal clear that he is strong. Very strong. More so, his body is littered in tattoos. He has sleeves on both arms, crawling from wrist to shoulder. He has a gun tattood at his hip, giving the apperance of a concealed weapon, and a couple of tattoos on the side of his head. All in all, he looks very intimating and un-approachable. Giving off the 'Don't fuck with me' vibe.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons/Offs: Same as Players (See Signature)
Goals: Rehabillitate. Beat these spoiled kids into Warriors. Seek a better life for himself. Find his father.
Wealth Level: 1 - He is dirt poor, previously incarcerated. Relying on the X-Mansion for shelter and sustenance.
Personality:

Mikhail is an angry Russian. That should sum it all up. He has a very strong Russian accent that you can see an example of  HERE. He gives off an unapproachable vibe to common people he has no relationships with, and only those who are intimate with him get to know anything about him. He's incredibly strict and critical, especially towards students. He's grown a bad reputation as being one of those people you do not want to get angry, as he will likely react in a volatile manner. Very much like a bear, Mikhail can be feral. He enjoys open spaces and hates the outdoors. In Winter-Time, he is perpetually sleepy, a side effect of the usual Bear hibernation effect. Extremely protective over what he loves, Extremely dangerous to whom he hates, the best words to describe Ursa is simply "Proceed with Caution, and you damn better get your homework done on time."

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: T.A to all Danger Room Classes / Logan's self defense class.
Year: Teacher's Assistant. Does not apply.
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: The Bear Appreciation club.

STATS:
Fighting: 5 - Agility: 3- Strength: 7 - Endurance: 6 - Reason: 4 - Intuition: 4- Psyche: 2

POWERS:
Bear Metamorphosis - Ursa Major has the mutant ability to transform himself into a large anthrophomorphic bear. While in this form, Ursa Major retains his human intelligence, personality and ability to speak, though his personality does become more feral and he begins to lose control over his human intelligence if he remains in his transformed state for several hours consecutively. Ursa Major was trained by the Soviet Military as a child, and trained in the use of his powers by Professor Phobos, being a graduate of Professor Phobos's mutant training school.

While transformed, Ursa Major possesses superhuman strength, stamina and resistance to physical injury to a much greater degree than an actual bear of similar size possesses. His strength is sufficient to allow him to engage in a one-on-one battle with The Hulk and survive (See comics, not relative to actual RP). His senses are also heightened to a superhuman degree, particularly his sense of smell, which he can use to track a target by scent. Also, like a real bear, Ursa Major possesses non-retractable claws. These claws are relatively blunt, as they are with an actual bear, but can be used as effective weapons when coupled with his great strength

ADVANTAGES:

Superhuman Strength: While transformed, Ursa Major possesses superhuman strength much greater than an actual brown bear of similar size. At his peak, his strength is sufficient to lift about 15 tons.

Peak Human Speed: Like an actual brown bear, Ursa Major is capable of running at speeds of up to 35 miles per hour.

Superhuman Stamina: Ursa Major's musculature produces much less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair him.

Peak Human Agility: Despite his great size and bulk in his transformed state, Ursa Major's agility and bodily coordination are equal to that of an Olympic level athlete.

Peak Human Reflexes: Ursa Major's natural reaction time, much like a real brown bears, is equal to that of an Olympic level athlete.

Superhuman Durability: The tissues of Ursa Major's body are harder and more resistant to certain injuries than those of a normal human. Ursa Major is particularly resistant to great impacts and blunt trauma force. While not invulnerable, he can withstand impacts, such as falling from several stories or being repeatedly struck with superhuman force, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no injury.

Superhuman Acute Sense Of Smell: Like a real brown bear, Ursa Major possesses a highly developed sense of smell. He is capable of tracking a target by scent with an impressive degree of success, even if the scent has been eroded over time by natural factors such as weather conditions.

DISADVANTAGES:
Vulnerable to psychic attacks - Ursa isn't very well equipped to deal with psychologcal or magical attacks, especially ones that target the mind. He is a very melee heavy mutant, relying mostly on his physical power and transformation. As such, he can be contain using mental based powers if used from a distance.
Exposure - If Ursa stays in his bear form for more than twenty four hours, his sanity begins to dwell away and his animal instincts take over, reducing him to a common, overly big and powerful bear. He loses most of his humanity at that stage.

SKILLS:
Dirty Fighting: - Growing up on the streets, Mikhail has picked up a very specific fighting style and skill set born from his poverty and street life. Even outside of his bear form, he is an extremely formidable hand to hand combatant and plays dirty. He is not afraid to use any means necessarily.
Weapon usage: - Trained within a special division of the Russian Military up until the age of 10, he has knowledge in using just about all guns created before 2020.
Full control over his abilities - Spending time in jail and growing up on his own forced him to fully develop his mutant powers, making use of it to its extremes and having nothing left to learn.

HISTORY:
Mikhail was born to a Russian father and a Slovakian mother in Siberia, Russia, during a time where the Russian government was still experiment with mutant powers upon their discovery. The operation was top secret and never made public knowledge, but Mikhail was taken when he was 3 from his parents and thrust into the special Russian military division designed for training mutants. It was called Professor Phobos's mutant training school, and he was the top graduate at the age of 10. It was just around that time that Mutant paranoia began to rise, and the Russians decided to terminate the mutant program along with everyone who participated in it. Fearing for his son's safety, Mikhail father forged him an American citizenship before shipping him off to the United States.

Completely lost, and without knowledge of a single English word, Mikhail was thrown from foster home to foster home until he eventually decided to take matters into his own hands. Living in poverty, off the streets or in the woods were his only options. When he'd have no money to feed or buy anything for himself, he'd shift into his bear form and take off into the woods, trying to survive in the wild as long as he could without completely losing his sanity and forgoing his human self.

When he reached his late teens, things were so bad that he resulted in a life of crime. Using his abilities to scare store owners out and stealing their money developed into full on armed robberies, and he was successful in several, giving him a brief taste of what it was like to live normally before he was caught and arrested in a botched job. Mikhail was thrown in Juvi, and spent the next years from age 16 to 20 incarcerated. When he got out, he was no better than when he came in. His control was better over his abilities, but he still had no home and no money. He took off into the woods, shifting again and spending four years on and off as a bear, living off of hunted deer and sap.

He'd finally had enough when he was twenty four, and decided to return to crime in order to just get himself out of there and back to Russia. Unfortunately, he was still under surveillance because of his record, and he was caught attempting to plot another robbery over a large scale bank. This time, he was charged as an adult and given a life sentence in prison, where Mikhail thought his life would end. He didn't transform and break out, because at least they were feeding him. He spent the next year there, before he was found by Professor X, and scouted by his teachers.

Dani: Papa Bear :) <3
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Rave

Doomsday

Here it goes, hope everything looks okay!

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Layla Pope
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Singularity, or ‘Moonboots’
Citizenship and other legal info: American
Place of Birth: Hudson, FL
Education: Completed high school

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 132 lbs.
Hair color: Platinum blonde
Eye color: Green/hazel
Ethnicity: White
General Appearance: Layla's fairly tall, considering that she is an 18 year old female. Pale and freckly, you can imagine that blonde might not be her natural color; She burns easily, thus she rarely flaunts her skin, preferring jeans and sweaters.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Straight, though curious
Ons/Offs: Refer to my own Ons and Offs
Goals: She wants to gain a greater understanding and control of her powers, and wants to learn more about gravity and astrophysics.
Wealth Level: Feeble. Layla was in the custody of Xavier's School until she turned 18 after accidentally destroying her parent's home and killing her brother with her powers. She's always devoted herself firstly to her studies, thus she's never had a job before or after coming to Xavier's school.
Personality: Layla is introverted and nerdy, preferring the company of a good book to actual people, though that'll instantly turn around, and she'll gush about physics and engineering if somebody engages her. When she first came to the school, Layla was extremely apprehensive about connecting with other people, believing that she could accidentally hurt someone with her powers like she had done to her brother. Those fears have abated somewhat, as she's gained a greater degree of control over her power.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: College courses, with a focus in science. Also in therapy.
Year: Second year of college. Layla was always a prodigious child, especially when it came to scientific fields, and graduated from high school classes shortly after arriving at Xavier's school at the age of 16.
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: Science club, chess club, automotive

STATS:
Fighting: 3 - Agility: 4 - Strength: 2 - Endurance: 3 - Reason: 5 - Intuition: 7 - Psyche: 2

POWERS:
Gravitational Manipulation: Layla can control the field of gravity directly around herself, usually to the effect of making herself lighter, and able to spring great distances, although slowly, as if she were bouncing around the surface of the moon. She can lower her own gravity to the point of levitation. NOTE: As Layla's grasp of her own powers increase, she will be able to focus gravity around other spaces than herself, meaning she would be able to immerse a foe in anti-gravity, making them rocket into the sky, or she would be able to focus gravity so heavily on them that they would be rendered unable to move, and possibly suffer internal damage. Of course, she's also terrified of using her powers on others, considering her traumatic past. In theory, Layla also has the ability to completely crush her enemies with her power and kill them, and she could possibly even be able to create a black hole, or a singularity, if her powers were somehow amplified.

ADVANTAGES:
Prodigy - As far as math and science goes, Layla voraciously studies and absorbs information like a sponge. She's also well versed in English and can read thousand-page novels in a matter of hours.
Rational - Layla rarely makes decisions based on emotions, preferring logic. The only irrational thing about her is that she considers Spock to be her hero.

DISADVANTAGES:
Gunshy - It took great coaxing from her tutors for Layla to become comfortable using her powers on herself. Terrified of hurting other people has inhibited her powers and prevents her from reaching her potential.
Introverted - Layla doesn't care to make friends, preferring the comfort of her studies or sci-fi stuff to real people. She doesn't know how to interact well, and can be uncomfortably awkward.

SKILLS:
Technology: - Though she's not designing supercomputers... Yet, Layla's comfortable and intimate understanding of electrical engineering and mathematics makes her very good with computers and other technology. She's even recently tried her hand and excelled at automotive engineering, though she's not strong enough to drop an engine in place.
Strategy: - One of her favorite hobbies is chess, because she's very good at creating unique strategies and predicting the moves of other people. One of Layla's favorite books is The Art of War, by Sun Tzu, and she's intimately familiar with each of the thirteen chapters.

HISTORY:
Layla grew up on the Gulf of Mexico in Hudson, Florida, so she grew up with a great love for the ocean, and surfing, though she always preferred surfing and swimming on cloudy days, considering her sensitivity to sunlight. Her family was a fairly normal, middle class family, with the exception of her younger brother, Stevey, who was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy as a child, and wasn't expected to live into adulthood. Layla loved her brother more than anything; Though her interests now lie predominantly in the field of physics and engineering, Layla originally wanted to become a doctor, and find a cure for MD.

When Layla was 16, her powers began to manifest. She would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night screaming, as her bed had risen into the air and was pressing her against the ceiling. Whenever her parents came to investigate, her bed would have already crashed down to the floor, and they began to suspect that something was wrong with their daughter. Things would inexplicably become lighter or heavier, they would rise into the air or be crushed to the ground. One day, her powers manifested in an extremely violent manner: She had been sitting on her bed, on the phone with a friend of hers, a boy who had always been interested in escalating their relationship. He came out and told her his feelings, and Layla could only reply with stunned silence, before telling him she didn't feel the same way. Her friend began to berate her, and called her a whore, and declared he would never speak to her again. Already combatting the stress of her strange, manifesting powers, a distraught Layla lost control, her power fluctuating wildly, completely destroying her house. Luckily, her parents weren't home at the time, but Stevey, bedridden, was killed. Terrified of what was happening, cop cars and fire trucks surrounding her tinder and shrapnel home, Layla rocketed into the air, unable to control her powers. Destined to die by burning up in the atmosphere, or potentially freezing to death before she could even leave the atmosphere, Professor Xavier and his X-Men rescued her.

After her parents were in formed of what happened, they were understandably traumatized. Layla, facing serious legal charges, was eventually placed in the custody of Xavier's School, on the grounds that she learn to control her powers or face serious punishment. Her parents disowned her, believing she had purposely killed her brother. It was little wonder why she came to Xavier's school distant, shy, and slow to trust.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Niki315 on May 31, 2014, 02:44:01 PM
I don't know if I got overlooked or not, but I made my character and I was wondering if it could be approved.  She is linked here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204309.msg10053120#msg10053120

Also, Kuroneko, I modified my second ability so it's not the same as Forge's.

And Strangefate, I had thought about going with Alchemist also, so I think I'm going to stick with it instead of Resonance.  Resonance was the name for a different concept I had and I figure in case I want a second character I may keep it in reserve.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks, hun! :-)

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on May 31, 2014, 11:37:59 AM
The judgement thing kind of went to everyone.  And it was in regards to how certain people like to draw her like she's more deformed than normal and looks like a monster and stuff.  Still, I love the character.  Student or teacher?

This Marrow has full control of her powers, so no weird deformities. And, I don't play teenagers. Not sure what she'd teach, given her background, but I have an idea of what else she could do for Xavier instead that would mesh with her Morlock history ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Lockepick

First Wolverine is a lady, then Sabretooth is straight... now there's some LITERAL bear that is straight too? Why do you people hate me so much?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!