VtM: The Anarch War [Interest Check]

Started by Bloody Rose, November 03, 2011, 10:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

The world is a cruel place, more often than none people bring themselves to the ultimate punishment, their deaths. However death does not have to be the end, at least not for a few people, some people call it luck while others call it curse but at the end of it, eternal life it’s just what you make of it. We are not here to talk to you about the father who beat her daughter to death, or the drunk driver who killed a innocent driver we are here to tell you about the other half. Those few souls that end up in the gutter, those few souls that never meet their ends. Those who died and woke up again this time different, with a new hunger…for blood.

It’s the year 2011, the vampire society has risen up ever since the old times, the Camarilla are at power with the Sabbat hiding, planning. However there is a sect among the Camarilla, they are called ‘The Anarch Movement’. These Anarch are planning under the radar of the Camarilla, embracing new vampires, those with a certain knowledge, technology. The Anarch want to take over the Camarilla, make it the true heaven for the vampires like they always said they would do. With the clans joining together under their believes they are becoming stronger and stronger at the back of the Camarilla.

However somebody talked, a vampire a servant of the Camarilla that was going under the radar in the Anarch Movement. That vampire was met with the ultimate death, now with the knowledge of what they were doing the Camarilla banishes the movement from their group, however they did not counted on something, they were getting stronger and stronger by each passing minute, the new idea of a vampire community that were not ruled by one but by council of vampires, one of each clan was too appealing to them.

With the Anarch growing and growing the Camarilla needs to find something to hold on so they begin to plan. The Sabbath also looking at the weakness of the longtime rivals they began to plan as well. A war it’s starting, three sides going at it. Who would win?

OOC:
My end goal here it's to play the three sides of the coin with different characters for each. However since we are starting I will like to fill out the Anarch Movement spots, for now I will allow only five spots.

Anarch Movement
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6- Reserved- AndyZ

Camarilla Closed for now

Sabbath Closed for now

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

elfguy

----

Bloody Rose

elfguy

Well I'd need to be thought. But I guess I could join. I've played the Bloodlines game so I know that much about the lore ;)
----

AndyZ

From my understanding, this game will be using the 20th Anniversary rules for Vampire the Masquerade.  You can legally purchase a copy here http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=94815

If you get a copy other than legally, don't mention it on the thread.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

RubySlippers

I found a copy around.  ::)

Anyway I would be happy to play one character, I don't like the Sabbat at all. Anyway the Anarchs includes all kinds so should be fun to play.

Count me in.

Clans that interest me are pretty broad and there are the Clanless as well.

AndyZ

While everyone is planning around, I would like to pitch the idea of pooling backgrounds.

If we all throw our points together, we could share a high level of Domain, Herd, Resources and perhaps even Allies, Contacts, Influence or Retainers.

I've had the idea of owning a nightclub and/or hotel for a while now.  It'd set up a central area for everyone and provide a good reason for everyone to get along, which would be awesome in and of itself.

Of course, that depends on if everyone else is interested, but I'll toss the idea and we'll see.

Bloody Rose

RubySlippers

Is it really a good idea to put so many eggs in one basket the Anarchs are about to declare war on the Elders we can't win this by brute force, having a target to go after could be risky. Unless we are in an Anarch controlled city?

Bloody Rose

RubySlippers

Good then it makes more sense. I will see what points I have to spare when the time comes.

Bloody Rose

I love to roleplay backgrounds people, so I will leave a option for you to pick. If you wish to rp how you were embraced I will give you three bonus at the end of the small Im rp so you would have a total of 18 bonus points instead of 15

RubySlippers

Okay big question are you allowing Anarchs from:

Independent Clans

Bloodlines 

Sabbat Clans

Just asking if its an Anarch city who knows how many oddball, renegades and odd blood might be around to pay with so wanted to check.

Bloody Rose

Camarilla, Sabbath and independent. In short you can be any of the thirteen clans however you must provide reason to join the Anarch Movement in your background.

RubySlippers

Bloodlines?

Some are attached to a clan and others not, excluding ones eliminated before the modern nights naturally.

Bloody Rose

Give me a few minutes to read bloodlines again and I will answer your question

AndyZ

Besides, we can always get insurance.

I would suggest 3 points into Domain (Size) to get a skyscraper.  That can have various apartments (or perhaps a hotel) and maybe offices and a nightclub for the bottom two or three floors.  Ideally Resources 5 for everyone to be able to afford it and that'll work out pretty well for us as well.  Herd of at least 3 for clubgoers and people who live at the apartments.  I could also see the bartender as a Contact and Retainers would be obvious enough.

It would also offer other vampires a place to frequent, a sort of communal haven for vampires who need it, jobs and so on.

Here's what I'm thinking for the layout, though if we do this communally, it won't just be up to me, so feel free to give suggestions:

The first floor is a lobby area for the hotel on one side, but the majority of the first floor is set up as the nightclub, with a dancing floor, a bar, waitresses, and so on.  The second floor is set up more as a balcony VIP idea: vampires only, but if you take someone up to romance them and discreetly feed, it's up to you to make sure they don't see or hear anything they shouldn't.

The third floor is more seductive, with exotic dancers and the like.  Floors four and five are short-term hotel rooms, paid for by the hour.

Floors six through ten are hotel rooms paid for by the day.  Some have windows to the outside, but many are fully inside the structure on all four sides and thus can't have any windows.  Vampires who want to use the place as a communal haven can shack up two to a room (or more if they like) but always get windowless rooms.  Rooms with windows are more expensive because they provide a view, and this will make it easier to explain why we have so many people not getting windows.

We can also get offices, apartments and the like in there if people want.  Skyscrapers generally have like a hundred floors, so trying to plan them all out would be crazy, but there's more than enough room to accommodate everyone.

Bloody Rose

I can allow some bloodlines but not all, if you want a bloodline just pm me what bloodline were you  thinking off and I will tell you if I allow it or not

Bloody Rose

[float=right][img]Imagelinkhere[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age/Apparent Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Kinks:[/b]
[b]Limits:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Hates:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]

[b]Chronicle: [/b]The Anarch War
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Demeanor:[/b]
[b]Concept:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Generation:[/b]
[b]Sire:[/b]

[center][b]Attributes [/b][/center]
[b]
Strength:[/b] O
[b]Dexterity:[/b] O
[b]Stamina:[/b] O

[b]Charisma:[/b] O
[b]Manipulation:[/b] O
[b]Appearance: [/b] O

[b]Perception:[/b O
[b]Intelligence:[/b] O
[b]Wits:[/b] O

[center][b]Abilities[/b][/center]

Alertness:
Athletics:
Awareness:
Brawl:
Empathy:
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge:

AnimalKen:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms:
Larceny:
Melee:
Performance:
Stealth:
Survival:

Academics:
Computer:
Finance:
Investigation:
Law:
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics:
Science:
Technology:

[center][b]Advantages [/b][/center]
Disciplines:

Backgrounds:

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction: O
Self-Control/Instinct: O
Courage: O

[center][b]Merits/Flaws[/b][/center]

Humanity:

Willpower:

Blood Pool:

AndyZ

Name: Noelle DuClaire
Age/Apparent Age: 47/20
Personality: Kind and polite but thoughtful and comforting, depending on her mood
Kinks: Nurses, having the Kiss used against her, prefers F/F but will do F/M
Limits: Bodily waste, Diablerization (I realize it's part of the game, but I'll probably hand my character to the ST to let him make the rolls if it comes up), Permanent Scarring
Hates: Cruelty, deliberate destruction of beauty, abuse of power
Bio:

Chronicle: The Anarch War
Nature: Bon Vivant
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Concept: Nightclub designer
Clan: Toreador
Generation: 9th
Sire: Francis Martin

Attributes

Strength:
OO
Dexterity: OOO
Stamina: O

Charisma: OOOO (Graceful)
Manipulation: OO
Appearance: OOOO (Unforgettable Face)

Perception: OO
Intelligence: OOOO (Problem Solver)
Wits: OO

Abilities

Alertness: OOO
Athletics: O
Awareness: O
Brawl:
Empathy: OOO
Expression: O
Intimidation:
Leadership: O
Streetwise:
Subterfuge: OOO

AnimalKen:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette: O
Firearms:
Larceny:
Melee: O
Performance: OOO
Stealth:
Survival:

Academics: O
Computer: O
Finance: OOO
Investigation: O
Law:
Medicine:
Occult: OOO
Politics:
Science:
Technology:

Advantages
Disciplines:
Auspex O
Celerity O
Obfuscate O

Backgrounds:
Contacts O (Bartender)
Domain O (Skyscraper)
Generation OOOO (9th)
Herd O (Nightclub-goers)
Resources O (Skyscraper)
Retainer O (Bouncer)

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction: OOO
Self-Control/Instinct: OOOO
Courage: OOO

Merits/Flaws
Blush of Health
Concentration
Language (French)

Humanity: 7

Willpower: 8

Blood Pool: 14

11 freebie points spent so far.  I mostly needed to know if everything would work out alright or if I'd have to readjust things if not enough people were interested in tossing points into the skyscraper idea.

By the way, Zarazel is giving everyone Blush of Health for free to those who want it and allowing it to work sexually.

Kristine

OooK!

2 questions:

1. May we play vampire, who isn't a member of the anarchs? (But he/she may not be against them as well. Somewhere in the middle/neutral maybe with potential to join later)
2. I got the book, and it has 528 pages on it :-| Do I need to read it all to be able to participate? Or I may first read through some particular pages? (And I have played and finished the video game, Vampire: The masquerade couple of times, with different characters, though it was few years ago when I was still a child. So, I am somewhat familiar with setting, with things that I may forgot for now)

and... well, actually have third question: Do I have any chances to join, or better not, if I am not much familiar with systems?

AndyZ

I can try to teach people who aren't very familiar with the game but want to learn.  Just send me a PM giving me permission to talk to you on messenger, ideally Skype if you have it, but I'll take whatever.  My Skype name is ReverseCausality.  That's Causality, not Casualty.

Bloody Rose

Quote from: Kristine on November 04, 2011, 05:04:11 PM
OooK!

2 questions:

1. May we play vampire, who isn't a member of the anarchs? (But he/she may not be against them as well. Somewhere in the middle/neutral maybe with potential to join later)

For now I am only accepting anarch which in itself leaves it pretty open since the movement itself allows a lot of freedom to the vampire. You can be a Anarch just not too much into the activities of them.

2. I got the book, and it has 528 pages on it :-| Do I need to read it all to be able to participate? Or I may first read through some particular pages? (And I have played and finished the video game, Vampire: The masquerade couple of times, with different characters, though it was few years ago when I was still a child. So, I am somewhat familiar with setting, with things that I may forgot for now)
A person can help you out, making a char sheet it's not as difficult as you might think

and... well, actually have third question: Do I have any chances to join, or better not, if I am not much familiar with systems?

of course you can join, this is a good experience for you to join so yea join up ^^ if you have any doubts Andy or Myself can help you out.

Kristine