[5E] The Ostheim Irregulars! (closed)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 12, 2017, 08:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDoom

Man, you guys are fast ... I'm not even convinced that I'll get my first proposal sent by tomorrow.  ::)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Crash

I put aside some time today to write.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Geeklet

Quote from: VonDoom on January 14, 2017, 05:52:04 PM
Man, you guys are fast ... I'm not even convinced that I'll get my first proposal sent by tomorrow.  ::)

Same. Then again, I do have a job.

Devil's Advocate

O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

RedPhoenix

Okay I got called in to work, which is never fun, and I have PMs in the double digits. YAY for the enthusiasm and interest! Sorry if the response to any is delayed! =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 14, 2017, 08:55:30 PM
Okay I got called in to work, which is never fun, and I have PMs in the double digits. YAY for the enthusiasm and interest! Sorry if the response to any is delayed! =)

Real life first....
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

Crash

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 14, 2017, 08:55:30 PM

No worries Red.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

RedPhoenix

Alrighty, as I work through PMs I am getting the sense that there will be enough from what I have seen so far to get this started.

This game will close to new interest on Monday January 16th. So get me at least the first draft of a concept (meaning the form in the op) by then please. It doesn't have to be amazing just enough that we can start talking about it if you'd like to be considered. This does NOT mean your sheet has to be done or your concept and background totally approved, it just means we have to have started talking by then.

If it ends up that we don't have enough from what is being discussed I will open back up later, but so far we have one character done and complete, two more with just the crunchy stuff left, and there are a few others that are nearly there so I'm feeling pretty good about having enough for a group.

Dormouse

Having finally had time to read through the background material, I'm working on a half-elf sorcerer with an entertainer or folk hero background. I'll hopefully be submitting her application tomorrow (wow, that deadline is coming up fast!)
"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

AribethAmkiir

Yeah, the deadline is soon.  Thankfully I've got tomorrow off.  I started working on my character, and I'm certain that I'll have it done by then.

AndyZ

Halfway done with my Paladin.  Is anyone else planning Paladin?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RedPhoenix

To be clear it is the end of Monday so you guys have all of Sunday and Monday and in reality until I'm home from work on Tuesday to get it done. And that's just the rough concept.

Sorry to impose a deadline but I've spent the last four hours responding to PMs and building stuff and I've still got more to do. I like it, I'm not complaining, nobody hold off because of this, and I really am very flattered by all the interest and enthusiasm, but there is just one of me and I have to draw the line somewhere! =)

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Dormouse on January 14, 2017, 11:51:55 PM
Having finally had time to read through the background material, I'm working on a half-elf sorcerer with an entertainer or folk hero background. I'll hopefully be submitting her application tomorrow (wow, that deadline is coming up fast!)

Sounds cool looking forward to it! =)

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 15, 2017, 12:06:25 AM
Yeah, the deadline is soon.  Thankfully I've got tomorrow off.  I started working on my character, and I'm certain that I'll have it done by then.

Sweet! =)

Quote from: AndyZ on January 15, 2017, 12:07:07 AM
Halfway done with my Paladin.  Is anyone else planning Paladin?

Not that has told me!

Rummy Tum Tum

Half-orc Monk here. Planning to go the Warrior of Sunlight route (Way of the Sun Soul). And he will praise the sun.

Edit: This History section...it's way too long :'(

RedPhoenix

Bastero "Bast" Boatmake, Human Rogue with a Sailor background played by Whowhatwhere is our second complete character! :D

VonDoom

How are we looking on the male/female ratio? I'm probably going with either Elf or Human, but still looking around for a good inspiration image.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

RedPhoenix

Quote from: VonDoom on January 15, 2017, 12:43:56 PM
How are we looking on the male/female ratio? I'm probably going with either Elf or Human, but still looking around for a good inspiration image.

As far as pitched concepts it's pretty even.

Also I am caught up on PMs and such.

For those wondering I am going to start everyone's personal one-shot story at the same time, so the first 'batch' of characters will all begin at once. These are going to be fairly short and hopefully just establish posting speeds and habits and such so that when the characters form groups they make sense for posting speeds and such.

RedPhoenix

Darien Maccoy, Human Fighter with a criminal background played by GranoxFirewind is our third complete character! :D

Crash

RedPhoenix

Delara Slink, Half-Elf Rogue with an Urchin background, played by Crash is our fourth complete character!

Crash

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 15, 2017, 05:04:42 PM
Delara Slink, Half-Elf Rogue with an Urchin background, played by Crash is our fourth complete character!

:D

Chulanowa

As ever I find myself with a sudden glut of characters I wanna run with  :P

Two clerics (One of Moradin, the other of Renald), two bards (halfling? Half-elf?, a ranger, a wizard/sorcerer and a barbarian, to be truthful...

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 15, 2017, 08:28:49 PM
As ever I find myself with a sudden glut of characters I wanna run with  :P

Two clerics (One of Moradin, the other of Renald), two bards (halfling? Half-elf?, a ranger, a wizard/sorcerer and a barbarian, to be truthful...

Well if it helps, so far we have zero interest in cleric, wizard, sorcerer or barbarian!

Wispyr

Given all of the martial classes I was seeing, the second concept I've been tinkering with was some sort of caster bit. So I'll redouble my efforts and see what I can come up with.