Mobile Data Costs

Started by Kythia, October 07, 2013, 04:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Quote from: Aiden on October 09, 2013, 11:41:00 AM
It's basically what is going on with cable companies, there is no competition for them and because of that, they get to bend us over a barrel.

I am waiting for google to expand, I hear that cable companies in the east are actually lowering prices and doing what they need to do to hold onto their customers.

I got sick of cable a long time ago. Haven't bothered buying that product in years. Before things like Netflix and Hulu got as big as they are, I'd just wait for shows or movies to come out on DVD and rent them from the video store or library. Meant I was always behind, but I wasn't getting bent over with no lube!

Even now, I pay roughly 16$ a month total for my Hulu and Netflix subscriptions and skip the cable companies entirely.

As for my phone...I got tired of all their crap too and a few weeks ago I got rid of the cell phone and went back to just a house phone. I thought this would be a travesty but I keep a pre-paid in the car for emergencies only and don't actually miss my smart phone at all.

In the end they can only charge you what you're willing to tolerate.

Valthazar

If you have Verizon's family shared mobile plan and only one person is planning to switch to Virgin Mobile, it not much of a savings then.  I think it is about $40 per line on Verizon, and $35 on Virgin Mobile.