The Top Ten signs you've been playing too much Final Fantasy.

Started by Inkidu, September 09, 2008, 12:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

10. The victory fanfare utters from your lips at any small accomplishment.

9. When Chaos appears you beat the shinola out of him with your all monk team.

8. You understand the whole back story to Final Fantasy Seven.

7. You get a perfect score on the SeeD field exam from Final Fantasy Eight. (Ahem, smiles proudly)

6. Cait Sith is your star character.

5. You see a Behemoth and say, "Oh thank God, an easy monster."

4. You can understand every allusion and reference in Final Fantasy Nine. (Me again.)

3. You no longer get sad when Aerith dies.

2. You go, "Look out he's right behind you!" when Aerith dies.

1. You killed any high level monster with your black mage's knife.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

sleepingferret

Quote from: Inkidu on September 09, 2008, 12:18:15 PM
6. Cait Sith is your star character.

3. You no longer get sad when Aerith dies.

6.... is just um wrong, Cait Sith is about as useless as they come... :P  I found more use for Yuffie.

And 3.... well if it comes to that, you've just become as detached and delusional as Sephiroth.  Even though Sephiroth is amongst the best Final Fantasy villains.

Oniya

11) If you manage to master the Bare class on FFV  (And before you ask, yes.  I did.)
12) When you're stealing from the monster and go "Darn, another Elixir."
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: sleepingferret on September 12, 2008, 09:32:02 AM
6.... is just um wrong, Cait Sith is about as useless as they come... :P  I found more use for Yuffie.

And 3.... well if it comes to that, you've just become as detached and delusional as Sephiroth.  Even though Sephiroth is amongst the best Final Fantasy villains.
That's why it's number six. You've played seven so much you can do it!
3. Again played seven so much it's just old.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on September 12, 2008, 10:20:13 AM
13. When you make a topic like this :P
I will also be doing a "You known you've played too much MGS 3."

Aiden

When you have master Samurai's but you are still in act 1. (Tactics)

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: Aiden on September 12, 2008, 11:10:53 AM
When you have master Samurai's but you are still in act 1. (Tactics)

I can one-up that.

When you invite pisco demons to repeatedly use their special ability, turning your calculator back to level 1... then relevel them back up to 99 using the best growth rates.

... And yes, I did. He was friggin' unstoppable.  ;D

Oniya

I think it was in IV that I exploited the monsters that summoned other monsters.  Whatever they showed up on screen with was their only 'summons', and one of those summoned monsters only had a Quake attack.  If you had Float cast on everyone, you were immune to that, and you could sit there until you got bored killing off the summoned creature (that couldn't touch you) and leaving the summoner creature (who would just keep summoning more).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lady Annabelle

When you realize that VII is an average game compared to the rest of the franchise.  (Oh.  Wait.  Did I actually say that?   :-X Just kidding to any fans.)

When you know how difficult playing FF1 with all White Mages and playing Tactics with Ramza only as a Calculator.  Then you spend time to think about actually doing it.

My personal best (or worst):
- Mastered all classes in FFV.
- All characters learned all magic in FFVI.
- 16 characters mastered all classes in Final Fantasy Tactics.
- I have put over 1000 hours into Final Fantasy X & over 300 hours into X-2.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Oniya

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on September 12, 2008, 01:02:03 PM
My personal best (or worst):
- Mastered all classes in FFV.
- All characters learned all magic in FFVI.

Hah!  You got number 11, too!  I'm working on the other one right now.

Inkidu

I noticed no one plays eight, that's understandable. It is the most difficult game in the series. and better than seven. Oh, snap!  ;D

It didn't make the top ten but my worst is in eight.

Had two ultimate weapons in the middle of disk one.

Inkidu

Wow a hundred hours, on ten. I knew a guy who could beat it in twenty.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on September 12, 2008, 01:08:58 PM
I noticed no one plays eight, that's understandable. It is the most difficult game in the series. and better than seven. Oh, snap!  ;D

I plan on playing eight next.  I missed out on getting a copy of seven.   :'(

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on September 12, 2008, 01:16:17 PM
I plan on playing eight next.  I missed out on getting a copy of seven.   :'(
Eights better. It has a more adult storyline.

eskimokisses

Quote from: Inkidu on September 09, 2008, 12:18:15 PM10. The victory fanfare utters from your lips at any small accomplishment.
LOL, I'm so guilty of this!

Quote from: Inkidu on September 09, 2008, 12:18:15 PM5. You see a Behemoth and say, "Oh thank God, an easy monster."
The Marlboros do it for me. Status effects are so annoying.

Quote from: Inkidu on September 09, 2008, 12:18:15 PM2. You go, "Look out he's right behind you!" when Aerith dies.
You go "BAAWWW Why didn't Cloud just use a Phoenix Down???" when Aeris dies.

Quote from: Inkidu on September 12, 2008, 01:08:58 PMI noticed no one plays eight, that's understandable. It is the most difficult game in the series. and better than seven. Oh, snap!  ;D
Lies and slander!
PLZ PM 4 IM SRP LOL

Inkidu

Truth hurts don't it?

And the reason he couldn't use the Phoenix Down was because that cures K.O. status, duh. *Nerd alert*

eskimokisses

Quote from: Inkidu on September 13, 2008, 08:29:38 AM
Truth hurts don't it?

And the reason he couldn't use the Phoenix Down was because that cures K.O. status, duh. *Nerd alert*
:P

I guess FFVIII had its moments. Like the Laguna and the Red Dragon part.
PLZ PM 4 IM SRP LOL

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on September 13, 2008, 08:29:38 AM
Truth hurts don't it?

Meh - once you've played FF II, you no longer ask why no one uses Phoenix Downs during cut scenes.

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Oniya on September 12, 2008, 01:07:01 PM
Hah!  You got number 11, too!  I'm working on the other one right now.

FFV was so hard for me that I almost HAD to master all the classes.  I was around the mid-80s when I fought the final boss and I STILL had to use that cheap Samurai/Gil trick.  Of course, I was playing it on the Anthology Collection, so it was the Japanese version which is much harder.

Quote from: Inkidu on September 12, 2008, 01:08:58 PM
I noticed no one plays eight, that's understandable. It is the most difficult game in the series. and better than seven. Oh, snap!  ;D

Wow a hundred hours, on ten. I knew a guy who could beat it in twenty.

I never did beat 8.  I could never beat the second form of the final boss.  I enjoyed the story MUCH more in 8 than I did the gameplay.  Junctioning was a bit annoying and I used Summoning much more than magic.

20 hours?!?!  Damn.  I thought there was at least 30 hours of unskippable dialogue in FFX.   ;)  I could never speed-run to save my soul as I play exactly the opposite, but that is still mighty impressive.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Inkidu

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on September 13, 2008, 01:50:53 PM
FFV was so hard for me that I almost HAD to master all the classes.  I was around the mid-80s when I fought the final boss and I STILL had to use that cheap Samurai/Gil trick.  Of course, I was playing it on the Anthology Collection, so it was the Japanese version which is much harder.

I never did beat 8.  I could never beat the second form of the final boss.  I enjoyed the story MUCH more in 8 than I did the gameplay.  Junctioning was a bit annoying and I used Summoning much more than magic.

20 hours?!?!  Damn.  I thought there was at least 30 hours of unskippable dialogue in FFX.   ;)  I could never speed-run to save my soul as I play exactly the opposite, but that is still mighty impressive.
The thing about 8 was you had to know how to refine and you had to learn the shorthand. Stat-atk jun. Etc.

Will

I really loved FF8, I eventually even had all the GFs lvls in the 90s (except Eden.)  The biggest problem I had with the game was that you couldn't skip the summon animations.  That really sucked because, unlike some FF games (cough...*FFXII*...cough) summons were really useful.  Seriously, though...I really hated FFXII.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Inkidu

I refused to play Final Fantasy sequels (Cough Dirge of Cerberus Cough.) The final is there for a reason. The reason you couldn't skip FF 8's summon animations was one, timed sometimes, two you could only boost them during the animation.

Will

I actually meant FF twelve, not ten-two.  I never played those sequels either.  And I know you could boost the GF summons, but you shouldn't HAVE to.  I mean, after a certain point level-wise, it doesn't matter if you boost them or not or unless you're fighting a boss or one of the weapons or something like that.  Even Ultima weapon wasn't that hard.  I beat him so fast the first time that I forgot to draw Eden from him, and had to reset and go all the way back down and beat him again.  I was purty mad.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

eskimokisses

Quote from: Inkidu on September 16, 2008, 04:02:38 PM
I refused to play Final Fantasy sequels (Cough Dirge of Cerberus Cough.) The final is there for a reason.
Don't even get me started on the abortion that is FFX-2.
PLZ PM 4 IM SRP LOL