A World Of Covens, Courts And Packs ~Supernatural rp in modern day LGBT Freindly

Started by CurvyKitten, July 27, 2015, 03:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Hello! Since Curvy's away from yahoo messenger, I shall give my question to you. xD Is there an advised number of spells a journeywoman witch should be capable of? I didn't want to give her more than she should have.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Flower on August 11, 2015, 03:38:57 PM
Hello! Since Curvy's away from yahoo messenger, I shall give my question to you. xD Is there an advised number of spells a journeywoman witch should be capable of? I didn't want to give her more than she should have.

There are, but the exact number escapes my mind right now. Give me a moment and I will see if I can locate it!
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Vampyre Valkyrie

|

Hazy Sky

Hello Vampyre. I've seen you around, but I don't think we've encountered each other before. Curvy has come across me before and Flower too.

I'm referring to a couple of characters that I've created for other games, but grown very attached to. I think they'll suit your game down to the ground. Bjorn is tall, strong with long blonde hair and blue eyes. He's incredibly laid back and easy going. Unless you anger him, which is pretty hard to do to be honest.

Leo is a magician of sorts, but he's also a conjuror who performs tricks and illusions. Just to further mix it up he is cocky, arrogant and mostly blind. Totally blind is very hard to do, the character is just to reliant on others.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: skyre on August 11, 2015, 04:02:49 PM
Hello Vampyre. I've seen you around, but I don't think we've encountered each other before. Curvy has come across me before and Flower too.

I'm referring to a couple of characters that I've created for other games, but grown very attached to. I think they'll suit your game down to the ground. Bjorn is tall, strong with long blonde hair and blue eyes. He's incredibly laid back and easy going. Unless you anger him, which is pretty hard to do to be honest.

Leo is a magician of sorts, but he's also a conjuror who performs tricks and illusions. Just to further mix it up he is cocky, arrogant and mostly blind. Totally blind is very hard to do, the character is just to reliant on others.

I've seen you once before I believe...In a game I was exiting as a GM/Player as you came in. I think I was in on your character approval before I made my exit. I can't be to sure though, it's been over a year since I left the game in question.

I figured you were referring to characters you've created for other games :D I too have a couple characters that are part of WCCP that were made for other games originally. It's always fun to remake and tweet characters to fit into new settings, especially when they are characters you are attached to.

Bjorn sounds very handsome and like my type of person! :D But I have to say Leo has me intrigued. I don't think I could play blind, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wouldn't be completely captivated by witnessing someone else do it.

|

Flower

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on August 11, 2015, 03:56:08 PM
By Journeywoman, do you mean Beginner, or more Intermediate?

Apologies for the confusion. I think I might have misunderstood the experience section of the witch character sheet. In the character sheet, it has these options listed:  Beginner, Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master.

Quote=== Experience ===
Beginner, Apprentice, Journeyman, Master. Very age-dependent, mastery takes centuries to attain.
==

Are you stating that within the Journeyman option, there are two levels which are beginner and intermediate?

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Flower on August 11, 2015, 04:16:56 PM
Apologies for the confusion. I think I might have misunderstood the experience section of the witch character sheet. In the character sheet, it has these options listed:  Beginner, Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master.

Are you stating that within the Journeyman option, there are two levels which are beginner and intermediate?

LOL, where I located the amount of spells per "level" didn't have Journeyman as an option.  However reading how they were listed on the character sheet I would assume Journeyman goes with Expert...which is 8 spells.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=233478.msg11483424#msg11483424

If you look under at the last bullet of "Weaknesses" it lists the amount of spells per level. I apologize for the confusion.

|

Flower

No worries! :) I should have read a bit more carefully. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Flower on August 11, 2015, 04:24:52 PM
No worries! :) I should have read a bit more carefully. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Not your fault at all :D It's a bit confusing when it's listed as two different things LOL! And it's not a problem at all :D That's what I'm here for!

|

Hazy Sky

Perhaps that's where we've encountered each other before... I honestly can't remember, so I'll take your word for it. What I do know is that I've seen you about the place and that I'm pleased to meet you here.

Bjorn is apparently quite handsome. I have to say that wasn't my original motive in creating the character or selecting his face shot. I was actually just looking for a male model with long blonde hair and a beard to match. As a character I enjoy him because he's honest, reliable and friendly. He's definitely capable of killing or seriously injuring most things that he encounters, but is so laid back that he would never dream of doing so. The contrasts are a delight.

Leo is all together more complicated. I originally created him precisely because I wanted to see what it would be like creating a character who was blind and also who saw the world as a very ambiguous place. Leo was the end result.

If both concepts seem agreeable to you and Curvy I'll work up character sheets for your consideration.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Flower

Hazy Sky

He so isn't, but thank you Flower. He does make up for it by being lots of fun though. If you don't mind going along with whatever trouble he's found to get into... ::)

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

CurvyKitten

Quote from: skyre on August 11, 2015, 02:52:10 PM
Curvy! *Hugs* I saw your name and the idea and I was sold at that point. Having Flower here is also a definite bonus.

How do you feel about a free roaming Werebear and one of my favourite characters, the calm and laid back Bjorn joining the fun?

I'd also love to bring my blind character out to play, but he needs a bit of tweaking to make him work I think.

I would love to see both of them in the game, I'm sure with a bit of tweaking it could totally be done!

Quote from: Flower on August 11, 2015, 03:38:57 PM

TOTALLY my fault I updated it on the witch information but the sheet change up slipped past me. I feel like such a dunce sorry flower! I try to catch this stuff but I was a bad curvy....I sorry!

There are varying levels of witch's, Beginner 2 spells/potions, Intermediate 5/potions spells, Expert 8 spells/potions, Mastery all ten spells/potions (mastery takes hundreds of years and can be no younger than 200) The potions choice does take up one of your chosen spell slots as a skill. So if your a beginner and choice it you only get one other spells, but you do get two potions.

Hazy Sky

I have played Leo before as being hopeless at actual magic spells and potions and such like, but very good at identifying objects that are infused with magic called amulets and very good at creating magical talismans by binding magic into ordinary objects. Would it be alright for me to play him in a similar vein in his game?
I created a set of abilities that were designed to balance out his weaknesses and reflect his somewhat chaotic nature. I can adjust them to suit this setting, but I just wanted to check before I put any time into doing so.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Senti

interested with either a fae or a type of were creature if that's ok. I have a few idea's. Worry not even though tempted there will not be a were ferret :P

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Flower

Senti

Brain has been checked ish I may still have one. I hope you are all well, and looking to play, and who knows where else :).

Thank you

Elf

Quote from: Senti on August 12, 2015, 06:53:33 AM
interested with either a fae or a type of were creature if that's ok. I have a few idea's. Worry not even though tempted there will not be a were ferret :P

Hey, Senti. I don't know a shifter ferret sounds awfully interesting.

Hello, skyre & Flower.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: skyre on August 12, 2015, 06:19:53 AM
I have played Leo before as being hopeless at actual magic spells and potions and such like, but very good at identifying objects that are infused with magic called amulets and very good at creating magical talismans by binding magic into ordinary objects. Would it be alright for me to play him in a similar vein in his game?
I created a set of abilities that were designed to balance out his weaknesses and reflect his somewhat chaotic nature. I can adjust them to suit this setting, but I just wanted to check before I put any time into doing so.

We don't really have charmed items or tailsmens. There are certain witches that use one item in particular to help focus their magic. But it doesn't really have a use beyond helping/being needed for them focus or connect with their magical energy. I might be ok with him being able to see who's supernatural or who is connected to the magical energy due to what happened to his eyes. Something like that, maybe see the energy he connects too. We just need to see how you tweak it.

As for creating a set of skills, we have the available spells and the different levels along with all the other information on Witch's located in this interest thread as well as on the wiki and board. He sounds as if he is a beginner so not having many spells or being bad at the one's he has makes sense.

Feel free to write him up and we will make notes on anything that you will need to change. :)

Quote from: Senti on August 12, 2015, 06:53:33 AM

Yeah no someone already tried that and there will be no Ferret shifters. lol Has to be a logical selection for shifters. So no ferrets, no rodents, no penguins....and so forth. If there is any issue  with the selected shifter type though we will let you know. :)

Senti

As you likely know ferret was a bit of silliness however cool they are. I was looking at a fox, a wolf, coyote or a raven.

As for fae, I think some are too much like shifters, however, things like steam punk type knocker might be worth a thought, or the tea lady? I have thoughts for all of them. And I promise no ferrets.

But I could always play a puppet that has the spooking spirit of something scary inside it :P (Joke)

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Senti on August 12, 2015, 09:46:00 AM
As you likely know ferret was a bit of silliness however cool they are. I was looking at a fox, a wolf, coyote or a raven.

As for fae, I think some are too much like shifters, however, things like steam punk type knocker might be worth a thought, or the tea lady? I have thoughts for all of them. And I promise no ferrets.

But I could always play a puppet that has the spooking spirit of something scary inside it :P (Joke)

Fox works, wolf, coyote work as well. I shall discuss Raven with my co gm and get back to you on that.

And the fae types that we currently have available for play are listed in their information along with their powers :). There are a bunch to choose from! And I know you can come up with something fun with all the options we have open to you guys and gals.

WOOT so much attention and great characters coming in! I'm excited!
Curvykitten GM

Hazy Sky

I think I know how to make him work Curvy. I've played him before as quite powerful in terms of magical ability, but just not very good at actually casting spells themselves, but I'll see what works with a bit of reading and thinking. Thanks for the clarification. I'm not going to give him any ability to work with potions for fairly obvious reasons he will be utterly hopeless at that.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

CurvyKitten

Quote from: skyre on August 12, 2015, 09:52:19 AM
I think I know how to make him work Curvy. I've played him before as quite powerful in terms of magical ability, but just not very good at actually casting spells themselves, but I'll see what works with a bit of reading and thinking. Thanks for the clarification. I'm not going to give him any ability to work with potions for fairly obvious reasons he will be utterly hopeless at that.

I hope you didn't take what I said as negative. I was trying to give you ideas on how to make him work within the setting is all.

Still I'd love to see what you come up with.
Curvykitten GM