News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Help with YIM

Started by Lilias, March 20, 2009, 08:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

Yes, I know I shouldn't be expecting too much from a company called Yahoo, but this is surpassing even their standards.

For the last few days I find myself unable to log into YIM, and given that it's my avenue of communication for E as well, it's an issue. It's not a matter of account compromise, because I can get in on webmessenger and from the other computers in the house (and I've reset the password, just in case). It's just mine that keeps returning the 'please try again' message. I uninstalled, downloaded again, it worked (even the logs were in place), and the next day it refused to work again. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Greenthorn

Did you try downgrading to an earlier messenger?

Vekseid

Or using Pidgin or Trillian?

jouzinka

Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Lilias

*sigh* I hate Trillian... and v.9.0.0 worked fine until about three days ago. I guess I'll have to stick to the web version, if it goes on.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Greenthorn

Quote from: Lilias on March 20, 2009, 10:18:46 AM
*sigh* I hate Trillian... and v.9.0.0 worked fine until about three days ago. I guess I'll have to stick to the web version, if it goes on.

Seriously just go back to the previous version.  Need to remember that yahoo is famous for releasing betas!!

Scott

Yahooligans they are.... I hate em.

Caeli

You could also try Meebo?

I don't use it when I have my laptop on me (I like having my chats saved so I can browse through them later), but it's an excellent browser-based chat.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs