Card Games in CYBERSPACE!!!??? (Yu-Gi-Oh! Virtual Duelists) (Need Lady Chars!)

Started by Laughing Hyena, December 12, 2011, 04:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

"Duel Visor, Engaged! Arena Initialized!" The world is enveloped by a blue wave that surrounds your entire line of vision. In a surreal out of body experience you can see yourself floating through this vortex of digital information towards a familiar sight of a massive dueling coliseum outlined with beautiful mountains surrounding the area and an ocean to the west The dueling coliseum itself was reminiscent of a standing duel at the center with viewing screens with a play by play of the action that was about to take place. Many there avatars war within the stadium awaiting the bout. A set of seats were for the VIPs of the duelists in question just incase one needed a cheerleading section. As you look around you notice that your opponent is already standing at the opposite end of the arena, his dueling deck within his duel disc and ready to begin the match. Your heart races knowing that so many eyes are upon you now and theres no other feeling like it...

Once again someone is taking a shot at the world of Yugioh for an RP setting. Knowledge of how to actually duel is needed but you will not have to be extremely good at it in order to enjoy it. The game will take place some time after the events of 5Ds but before ZEXAL so that anyone can come in with a fresh slate. Riding duels whilst still popular, have new competition as the next step in dueling is discovered. Cyber Duelist armed with Duel Visors are able to accept a challenge from a duelist no matter the distance, engage in duels with duelists across the world and allowing others to be able to witness the duel with the VR interface.

With this leap in Dueling however comes new dangers. Where there is technology, there is money and where there is money, there is crime. Cyber Criminals in the form of Duelist Hackers steal card data in order to secure not only the best deck but to gain access to private information through the sub-routines of dueling be it for malicious fun or something far more sinister. Whilst protocols are in effect and defenses are constantly increasing there seems to be more exploits.

You are the new blood of the dueling world coming from many walks of life and though the circumstances and stages of dueling may change the fact that Duel Monsters is one of the most popular games in the world has never changed. You are a Duelist through and through and maybe you are a prodigy of victory or a complete failure each of you still have your own personal enjoyment of the game. Welcome to the Age of Virtual Dueling...

Character Sheet

In order to fill out the dueling deck you need to create a deck. If people need help then please feel free to contact me for help on the matter as I am always happy to do so. To simulate the drawing of cards, you number the cards from 1 to you entire dueling deck which can range from 1 to 60. Roll dice to simulate a draw. If you have landed on a number you have already drawn yet have copies of a card still to be used, then you have drawn a copy. If not then go up or down to the next available card, whichever is closer. If even going up or down is unable to be determined then you choose.

Also as a House Rule, to simulate the comebacks that are infamous in the Yugioh series, when you are losing by a severe margin (typically when you are at or below 4,000 life points), once and only once per duel can you invoke a Destiny Draw. The Destiny Draw allows a Duelist to pull a key card they need from their deck to hopefully turn a duel around. To simulate this, you need to pick out cards from your deck and list and number them under the Destiny Draw. The less cards you have, the more likely you will pull the card you need when you roll the die for it.

For those who might not want to duel at all, thats not a problem either if you still like the series and enjoy the RP aspects more then the game itself. After all the other characters have important things to do as well during those times even if they are not seen up on the arena.

Now that I have explained this, please feel free to inquire or suggest how I can improve this for your enjoyment. Enjoy!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:
Personality
Backstory:
Ons:
Offs:
In Character Kinks:
Appearance:

Dueling Deck

Destiny Draw

Silk

I'm all over this one :D Hmm do I use my dragunity or the old faithful fortune lady deck :D

Vergil1989

I don't know what deck I'll be using since I'll have to put together one using stuff from Yugioh sites and stuff, having no real decks of my own, but I'm sure it'll be heavy in Spellcasters probably, if not my all time favorite Dragon types lol.

"Go Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon!"
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Laughing Hyena

I always did love you two. :-)  Let's get some more people interested in this also.

ZameRagues

Color me interested. A few tweaks to my deck, and i'll have it up.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

LightNight

May be intrested, it been some time last time I think of my deck. -blows dust of the deck-
Enjoy the Fantasy just don't live your fantasy.

ShadowFox89

I can't resist.... give me a bit to work up a deck. Can't promise any kind of power, I would much rather go theme.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ZameRagues

Are you going to use the dice bot for drawing?
EX. list the cards with numbers and roll a die, the die points to a card and that's the one you draw.

Are we using the current ban list?
Traditional or Advanced, if yes?
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Silk

There was a web program we used last time that was particularly useful, trying to remember what it was.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ZameRagues on December 13, 2011, 12:38:27 AM
Are you going to use the dice bot for drawing?
EX. list the cards with numbers and roll a die, the die points to a card and that's the one you draw.

Are we using the current ban list?
Traditional or Advanced, if yes?

If one reads the first part of the character sheet then you'd know that yes Zame we will be using that method. :-)

And the Limited and Forbidden cards follow the advanced format. (Which is something I neglected to write down.)

If anyone wants help with deck building or wants to ask more questions feel free to.

Lastly Id like to get a decent balance between the genders going.

Vergil1989

Advanced Method?  Sorry, not up to date with tournament rules and stuff.  Beyond that though I should have a card deck and all that going before today's over.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Laughing Hyena

Basically it means that it uses the Forbidden Lists outlined in the Advanced section of the TCG (Trading Card Game) An example being that in the Magician of Faith is Forbidden in the Advanced Rules yet Limited in the Traditional Version.

Laughing Hyena

ShadowFox89

Is there a website with anything to put a deck together quickly?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Silk

I've been trying to find my old fortune lady deck, no avial though, so might give dragunity a go instead.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 14, 2011, 12:35:14 PM
Is there a website with anything to put a deck together quickly?

http://www.yugiohitalia.com/deckbuilder/

This is one of the only web programmed deck builders for use. For cards try using the yugioh wikia to get card data and if you need help don't hesitate to PM me.

Vergil1989

Can we have more than one deck by chance?  If not it's cool, I'll still get a character going, but I was thinking to have at least two distinctive decks so I can change my game up depending on the situation.  If only the one I'm good with that too though lol.

Laughing Hyena

Personally I would not mind it but there would only be two decks allowed per character. If it doesn't work out or if it makes the game a touch unfair to others then I'll have to disallow it. But for now its fine.

Vergil1989

Name:  Kira Seto Kiaba
Personality; Extremely intelligent, ruthless in dueling, merciless to those that become her enemies, and passionate about anything she sets her mind to, Kira Seto Kiaba, the Dragon Mistress as she'll be called once her dueling career begins, has an extremely tough exterior but get past her defenses and you might be surprised to find a compassionate woman that isn't afraid to speak her mind regardless of what others might think of her.  Because of her rough start, starting out as a poor homeless child, she had had to become as strong as she is now to have a chance in the world she knows today while trying to regain her family's past glory.  If that means fighting tooth, nail, and claw to do so, then she'll do it.
Backstory:  Living in the slums of Domino City, Kira Seto Kiaba is the last remaining member of the Kiaba line, the family business having gone bankrupt long ago, long before she was born.  Even so, her father had kept extensive notes and recorded history of their family and what they had achieved, passing his knowledge onto her before he passed away when she was 12 years old.  She became an orphan, a homeless child that had to fight tooth and nail for the cards she has now.  She became known around the locals as a cold, merciless duelist that crushes anyone that gets in her way, but the few people that know the woman underneath know better than to be fooled by her dragon scaled hide that conceals a warm, compassionate woman that is just trying to regain what is rightfully hers.  The trouble is, few people dare to get that close to the beautiful if formidable woman because of her aggressive nature that's just as volatile as the Blue-Eyes White Dragons she keeps in her powerful deck.

The family business had been lost when the advances in technologies were surpassing even the Kiaba Corps abilities to keep up with.  The company went bankrupt long before the Duel Visors were introduced into the general public, and the family fortune was quickly taken away by investors and the bank, leaving the future generations of Kiaba kin without so much as a penny to their name before it was all said and done.  There had been some minor success in the past, but nothing compared to what once was.  Kira plans to change that real soon.
Ons:  (See O/O page.)  Light to heavy playful bondage, ice play, toys, sensual oil massages, romantic and slow sessions mostly.
Offs:  (See O/O page.)  No hardcore stuff such as watersports, scat, blood play, etc.
In Character Kinks:  When she's not the one on top, she's the one being given the royal treatment when she can afford it.  (See earlier Ons for example.)
Appearance: 

Dueling Deck;  Dragons Unite!

1; Yomi Ship  800 ATK/1400 DEF
2; Wall of Illusion  1000 ATK/1850 DEF
3; Rude Kaiser  1800 ATK/1600 DEF
4; Totem Dragon 400 ATK/200 DEF
5; Totem Dragon 400 ATK/200 DEF
6; Totem Dragon 400 ATK/200 DEF
7; Blue-Eyes White Dragon  3000 ATK/2500 DEF
8; Blue-Eyes White Dragon  3000 ATK/2500 DEF
9; Blue-Eyes White Dragon  3000 ATK/2500 DEF
10; Copycat 0 ATK/0 DEF
11; Baby Dragon 1200 ATK/700 DEF
12; Time Wizard 500 ATK/400 DEF
13; Thousand Dragon 2400 ATK/2000 DEF
14; Kuriboh 300 ATK/200 DEF
15; Winged Kuriboh 300 ATK/200 DEF
16; Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning 3000 ATK/2500 DEF
17; Marshmallon 300 ATK/500 DEF
18; Decoy Dragon 300 ATK/200 DEF
19; Exploder Dragon 1000 ATK/0 DEF
20; Red Eyes Black Chick 800 ATK/500 DEF
21; Red Eyes Black Dragon 2400 ATK/2000 DEF
22; Masked Dragon 1400 ATK/1100 DEF
23; White Stone of Legend 300 ATK/250 DEF
24; White Stone of Legend 300 ATK/250 DEF
25; White Stone of Legend 300 ATK/250 DEF
26; Shining Angel 1400 ATK/800 DEF
27; Field-Commander Rahz 1600 ATK/12 DEF
28; Honest 1100 ATK/1900 DEF
29; Kaibaman 200 ATK/700 DEF
30; Heart of Clear Water
31; Ring of Magnetism
32; Mystical Space Typhoon
33; Mystical Space Typhoon
34; Mystical Space Typhoon
35; Pot of Avarice
36; Solemn Judgment
37; Cards of Consonance
38; Swords of Revealing Light
39; Return from a Different Dimension
40; Negate Attack
41; Mirror Force
42; Monster Reincarnation
43; Monster Reborn
44; Ancient Rules
45; Ancient Rules
46; Monster Gate
47; Reinforcement of the Army
48; De-Fusion
49; De-Fusion
50; De-Fusion
51; Dragon's Mirror
52; Future Fusion
53; Polymerization
54; Polymerization
55; Polymerization
56; Flute of Summoning Kuriboh
57; Flute of Summoning Kuriboh
58; Dark Hole
59; Mirror Wall
60; Fusion Gate

Extra Deck
1;  Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon 4500 ATK/3800 DEF
2;  Five-Headed Dragon 5000 ATK/5000 ATK

Destiny Draw;  (Might need help with this one.)

Still need to sort out my extra deck and fusion deck, along with anything else I'm forgetting.

ShadowFox89

Vergil, do most of your characters have to be related in some way to a canon character? >.>'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vergil1989

No, why?  Is that a problem my friend?  If it is I can change it gladly enough.

ShadowFox89

Well... I'll be honest, I've only seen three of your characters (including this one), but so far 2 of them have been related to canon characters from some setting, with one of them being the daughter of a certain good aligned dark elf ranger.

Though that could be my own bias speaking of course.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ZameRagues

Name:Zame Ragues
Personality: Casual in dueling, wants to simply enjoy most of his duels. Usually will do the right thing, unless the pay out for him is of great benefit or profit. Should something interest him more then a fly, he may investigate it or take it for his own.
Backstory: Raised in a perfectly average home, he went to school, did a few sports, even moved towns a couple of times uprooting him from friends. Nothing out of the ordinary, however after moving to Domino City he kept to himself. Only a small group of friends surrounded him during his final years of school, all interested in dueling. His friends grew to keep a close eye on there friend. A thief or natural con artist had taken place within the boy. Jokingly, his friends claim that if they should ever need a lawyer he would be there first choice. Mutually, he refers to his friends as both a joker and politician. Shortly after finishing school, he found a small group called the "Shadowed Duelists". There goal being to improve each others dueling skills, a few within the group using less then conventional or legal methods. Even Zame has been known to dabble in such ways, as well as spice up a duel by making bets on his duels.
Ons: Voyeur, Romance, mild roughness, simple things.
Offs: Toiletry and blood
In Character Kinks: Enjoys watching his opponent struggle, or writhe in agitation during a duel. Enjoys it slightly even outside of card games.
Appearance:

Dueling Deck

Aegis of Water
1. Blizzed, Defender of the Ice Barrier
2. Blizzed, Defender of the Ice Barrier
3. Deep Sea Diva
4. Deep Sea Diva
5. Star Boy
6. Star Boy
7. Snowman Eater
8. Spined Gillman
9. Spined Gillman
10.Koa'ki Meiru Sea Panther
11.Koa'ki Meiru Sea Panther
12.Koa'ki Meiru Sea Panther
13.Warrior of Atlantis
14.warrior of Atlantis
15.Lekunga
16.Lekunga
17.Armed Sea Hunter
18.Armed Sea Hunter
19.Fenrir
20.Fenrir
21.Aqua Spirit
22.Aqua Spirit
23.Maiden of the Aqua
24.Maiden of the Aqua
25.Cyber Shark
26.Cyber Shark
27.Cyber Shark
28.Levia-Dragon - Daedalus
29.Fog King
30.Fog King
31.White Night Dragon
32.Water Hazard
33.Water hazard
34.Nobleman of Crossout
35.Moray of Greed
36.A Legendary Ocean
37.A Legendary Ocean
38.A Legendary Ocean
39.Final Countdown
40.Salvage
41.Burden of the Mighty
42.Level Limit Area B
43.Dark Bribe
44.Aegis of the Ocean Dragon Lord
45.Aegis of the Ocean Dragon Lord
46.Aegis of the Ocean Dragon Lord
47.Tornado Wall
48.Tornado Wall
49.Depth Amulet
50.Mirror Force
51.Imperial Custom
52.Metal Reflect Slime

Depth of Power
1. Fleur Synchron
2. Blackwing - Mistral The Silver Shield
3. Medusa Worm
4. Ally of Justice Cycle Reader
5. Ally of Justice Cycle Reader
6. Spirit Reaper
7. Marshmallon
8.Sangan
9.Phantom of Chaos
10.Breaker The Magical Warrior
12.Snipe Hunter
13.Snipe Hunter
14.Dark Grepher
15.Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer
16.Satellite Cannon
17.White Horned Dragon
18.Chaos Sorceror
19.Dark Armed Dragon
20.Gandora The Dragon of Destruction
21.Dark Horus
22.Beast King Barbarros
23.Van'Dalgyon The Dark Dragon Lord
24.Hand Destruction
25.Hand Destruction
26.Monster Reborn
27.Bait Doll
28.Foolish Burial
29.Burial from a Different Dimension
30.Monster Reincarnation
31.Gold Sarcophagus
32.Reasoning
33.Reasoning
34.Tribute to the Doomed
35.Forced Back
36.Sakuretsu Armor
37.Dark Illusion
38.Blast with Chain
39.Damage Condensor
40.Tiki Curse
41.Tiki Soul
42.Zoma the Spirit
43.Metal Reflect Spirit
44.Divine Wrath
45.Starlight Road
46.Nordic Relic Brisingamen
47.Dark Bribe

Extra Deck
1. Leviair the sea dragon
2. Thunder End dragon
3. Number 39: Utopia
4. Stardust Dragon
5. Red Dragon Archfiend
6. Sea Dragon Lord Gishilnodon
7. Black-Winged Dragon
8. Mist Wurm
9. Chevalier De Fleur
10.Ally of Justice

Destiny Draw
Aegis of Water
1. Depth Amulet
2. Aegis of The Ocean Dragon Lord
3. Burden of the Mighty
4. Cyber Shark
5. Aqua Spirit
6. Lekunga
7. Deep Sea Diva

Depth of Power
1. Damage Condensor
2. Metal Reflect Slime
3. Zoma The Spirit
4. Starlight Road
5. Monster Reborn
6. Monster Reincarnation
7. Reasoning
8. Dark Armed Dragon
9. Spirit Reaper
10.Marshmallon
11.Satellite Cannon
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Vergil1989 on December 15, 2011, 03:15:38 PM
No, why?  Is that a problem my friend?  If it is I can change it gladly enough.

It is a slight problem Vergil if I wanted to use a relative of the Kaiba family but please do remember that a character is only original if they aren't molded from a cookie cutter.

Secondly this would be about 500 years into the future. You could have done SO much more with the Kaiba name then just that. In summary if you really want to be a Kaiba its gonna be by my terms and you better wow me with it! ^_^

Vergil1989

Lol yes sir!  Well, I'll change things a bit if you like and see what I can throw together.  Give me a bit but I'm still keeping the Dragon deck I have started, that I won't bend on lol.