X-Men RP???

Started by IamQ, April 27, 2017, 11:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IamQ

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by. I have any idea for this if anyone is interested. I will post it in a spoiler below, If you like the idea of have a better one please feel free to post here. Hopefully we will get enough interest (im hoping for six or more characters) that we can actually get it started and have a good time playing together...

X-Men Group Plot

The world has entered a new era of peace and acceptance, humans trust and look up to the X-Men and other mutant advocates. Charles Xavier has been busier then ever trying to open more branches of the Academy to accomadate the large influx of new students that have come out and asked for his help.

Then, spontaneously, several attacks simultaneously on the new schools. Death, destruction, and terror engulf the world as the people realize that X-Mens Alpha and Bravo teams are no where to be seen. Within the chaos emerges a new threat, he calls himself Doctor Peace and he claims that his killing spree has just begun. Until all mutants and humans alike bow down to him peace will be but a dream, with the X-Men weakened and no leader in place a new generation is tasked with the task of emerging from the ashes.

The bases of the plot is obviously a new generation of X-Men will arise while the older generation is AWOL. Obviously I wont turn down any cannon characters because they would just add to the plot but I thought that many people would appreciate being free to create their own character... IDK we can disscuss more or even a different plot if anyone is interested...

CandyLips

Count me interested!

IamQ

YAY!! Interest!! This might actually have a chance at life.

Sasquatch421

Sounds interesting, I like...

CandyLips

Sasquatch421

I enjoy a good comic RP, and while I don't mind using cannon characters I prefer Original Characters because it truly put me into the universe. Cannon wise I'm playing a take on someone else's creation... Like say Wolverine... Most will use Jackman as him, but I'd probably end up using Christian Kane.

CandyLips

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on May 06, 2017, 07:36:52 PM
I enjoy a good comic RP, and while I don't mind using cannon characters I prefer Original Characters because it truly put me into the universe. Cannon wise I'm playing a take on someone else's creation... Like say Wolverine... Most will use Jackman as him, but I'd probably end up using Christian Kane.
I never play cannon characters. I'm always worried that I won't get the personality right or something. Definitely prefer my own creations.

BTW, it's too bad the other X-Men game shut down. I liked our scene.

IamQ

Im hoping that we will get even more interest so this can start and Hopefully it doesnt die on us lol

Sasquatch421

Quote from: IamQ on May 06, 2017, 10:57:03 PM
Im hoping that we will get even more interest so this can start and Hopefully it doesnt die on us lol

What do we need yet beside more players? Making it official in the other request thread would possibly bring in more players. GM wise were you planning on doing the honors or do we need someone to do that?

Quote from: CandyLips on May 06, 2017, 10:36:02 PM
I never play cannon characters. I'm always worried that I won't get the personality right or something. Definitely prefer my own creations.

BTW, it's too bad the other X-Men game shut down. I liked our scene.

Jono can always make a comeback... He's one of the few cannon characters that I can play right. The others are Cannonball, Mimic and I do a decent Spiral for the crazy needs. My Penny wasn't horrible either... I do have some oc's that haven't seen some use in awhile.

CandyLips

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on May 07, 2017, 08:37:04 AM
Jono can always make a comeback... He's one of the few cannon characters that I can play right. The others are Cannonball, Mimic and I do a decent Spiral for the crazy needs. My Penny wasn't horrible either... I do have some oc's that haven't seen some use in awhile.
I might need to make a new character. The last ones weren't totally combat-ready.

lights

I've not been roleplaying for a while, but just happened to watch one of the X-Men movies lately. I'd definitely be up for this. Not having to know all the cannon is always a plus :)

IamQ

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on May 07, 2017, 08:37:04 AM
What do we need yet beside more players? Making it official in the other request thread would possibly bring in more players. GM wise were you planning on doing the honors or do we need someone to do that?

I created the interest thread and a basic CS for those who would like to put in a character to do so. I will Gm but I would love it if I had a Co-Gm because I dont know my way around the site real well yet and would love to have the help.

As for characters, do whatever you want or feel comfortable with. Personally I will be playing two characters.

Below is the interest check thread I have created if you guys would like to stop by and/or put in a character.
New Era of X-Men

Quote from: CandyLips on May 07, 2017, 10:36:31 AM
I might need to make a new character. The last ones weren't totally combat-ready.
Thats ok, as I stated above the interest thread is up along with the CS so feel free to get creative. I dont mind having noncombat ready characters because I think it could add to the story ot these students or newly outed Mutants having to face their fears to save what the original X-Men worked so hard to create in the first place...

If that makes any sense.

Quote from: lights on May 07, 2017, 02:48:41 PM
I've not been roleplaying for a while, but just happened to watch one of the X-Men movies lately. I'd definitely be up for this. Not having to know all the cannon is always a plus :)

Always glad to see a new face :) glad to have you aboard.