Looking for Player for 1-on-1 Fantasy RP

Started by Valencia, June 01, 2011, 05:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valencia

Hey all, I'm new to Elliquiy, but I have an RP that is not adult-based that I would like to have another player join with me. I'd prefer doing it via email, but on here would be okay too. I'd also be okay with adding more players as the storyline progresses, but I'm just looking for one player for now. :)

The setting is slightly fantasy, not a world where magic is commonplace and fantastic animals and races roam the streets. Not to say that I wouldn't be up to throwing some in there, but these things are minimal. The society is a paralell, if you will, of feudal Japan. The greatest technological achievement that most people have access to would be the fire-lance (except for the city of Sothis, which has a more steampunk meets Final Fantasy kind of technology, explained below). There are small tribal lords throughout the misty mountains and vales of this island nation of Lyra, but there are three Great Houses that have the greatest armies, wealth, and land ownership. They are as follows:

House of Aramenta- Also known as the Anuhazi. They live under the color of emerald green, with a tiger as thier emblem. Thier armies are known for thier agility, and speed. A special group of them, called the Elohei, are the most feared assassins in all of Lyra. Lead by Lord Anyu Pleadian.

House of Vega-
Also known as the Ceres. They live under the color of yellow-gold, with a dragon as thier emblem. Brute force is thier noted military ability. There have been stories of Ceres soldiers loosing arms and going on to kill 10 men before dying from blood loss. They also have the largest gold stores of the three houses. Lead by Lord Hino Drakon.

House of Aveyon- Also known as the Inyu. They live under the color of royal purple, with a pegasus as thier emblem. They control the seas around Lyra, thier vast navy control any and all trade that takes place in the maritime provinces. Lead by Lord Yonei Brarama.

These three continue to jockey for power over one another, but there is one force which they will bow and make way for. And that is the Yunasai.

The Yunasai are not a Great House, for those that populate thier order span across all classes. The only area they own is the city of Sothis. It is the largest city, at the heart of the island, and it is a thing of legend. For here, the Yunasai employ thier skill into every aspect of life, making a utopia for it's residents. At the center of Sothis is the Azurite Tower, where all of the Yunasai study, live, and practice. They are lead by a Council of Fellows, but currently the most powerful Yunasai, Ilesia the Fire-Haired, is called Magistra and holds some executive power. It is seldom that people speak of the Yunasai, and not mention her name in the same breath.

The Yunasai are whispers of the spirits. They can see and talk to beings that others cannot, and use these entities to 'enchant' anything they desire it to. Everything from lights, to transports, to entire buildings. Sothian residents take care of more mundane things, such as designing 'constructs', maintaining their physical components, or growing food, making clothes, and so on. In return the Yunasai energize the constructs that make all of these things simple, easy, and stress-free.

Not just anyone can join them. Only certain people carry the ability to 'hear' and 'see' these things. A predisposition towards this does seem to be genetic, but it is so widespread that there has been no way to pinpoint a 'source' from where this all began. There is an entrance test, but it is not something one takes on pen and paper. No one knows exactly what it is, for those who take it are not permitted to relate what occurs. In fact, they seem too scared to speak of it. Many fail, very few are accepted.

The residents of Sothis are also limited. Almost all of them are friends and family of the Yunasai, and without the recommendation of one you would not be permitted to move to the city. Visitors are always welcomed, but never allowed to stay for more than a month. Strange business, it seems, but no one questions it. For the Yunasai are generous, benevolent, and do not bother with the politics of the time. They seem to have no military at all, yet because of thier abilities the Great Houses are too afraid to take action against them. Some people have let thier fear become hatred, or because they've tried to move to Sothis and been turned away. Most of these people are back-country lordlings and tribesmen who let superstition rule their lives. Ancestor worship is the primary theology of the island on a whole.

This roleplay begins in the mountain village of Lander, where two people will meet and Fate will intertwine them towards something greater.

While I'm the primary storyteller in this, I wouldn't mind some co-creative input, in fact it would be preferred. I've got the idea down for the big story, but the inbetween can be filled in by a collaboration. I also wouldn't mind bringing in another player in after we get the beginning set.

So, you might be wondering, what kind of character am I looking for? Well...

A wandering warrior of one sort or another. Essentially the premise is that he is a currently unaligned warrior, meaning he hasn't found a lord which he wants to serve. You can come up with your own backstory as you see fit, just keep the setting in mind. Keep him youngish, but no teenager.

There will be theatre, and the potential for a romantic timbre on the whole thing, but plutonics will also work for the story. Whichever is preferred, or evolves.

Alliance

Reminds me a bit of Game of Thrones. I'm in.

Valencia

Hooray! LoL! Well, I guess we both have to wait for approval? Or shall we get started on email or summat?

Alliance

Quote from: Valencia on June 03, 2011, 01:48:56 PM
Hooray! LoL! Well, I guess we both have to wait for approval? Or shall we get started on email or summat?

I don't see why we would have to do that. It appears we can make topics in the Non Adult RP. Therefore, we could simply do it on here.

Valencia

Alright. Well, before we get started, do you have an idea for your character. I don't need a full list of specs or anything, but just something to get the creative juices flowing. :)

And then I will whip up a thread and we'll get started. :D

Alliance

Quote from: Valencia on June 03, 2011, 06:50:31 PM
Alright. Well, before we get started, do you have an idea for your character. I don't need a full list of specs or anything, but just something to get the creative juices flowing. :)

And then I will whip up a thread and we'll get started. :D

His name is Haseo - Ha-say-o

I got a picture as well

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alliance

I'm sorry for the double post. Just I forgot to add. That it might be interesting that beforehand his father was once aligned with one of the great houses. Committing an act that broke one of the codes of the house had his father and his pregnant wife exiled from the great houses. They raised the boy in the quiet country side instead. But he learned his father's skills. With his own spin as well. Performing a unique form of sword skill called Mangetsu or Full Moon. The technique instead of killing the opponent outright, uses strikes like that of the moon. Its quick and deadly. But is used to severe the enemy first from his weapon and only kill as a last resort. By severe it means er taking some sort of limb off. But because this is a PG 13 RP, I will keep it to a fade. Just know its brutal.

Valencia

You got it! That sounds good! You can pick whichever house you want to involve. Don't worry about telling me now, it can be a surprise! :P  I'd really like to see the descriptive length of Haseo's skills, so after our approval maybe we can bump up the rating on the RP. But fade-to-black works for now!

I'll start working on an introduction. The first couple of post rounds I'll be more of the storyteller role, not playing just one character distinctly. This is just kinda to get the 'beginning' phase, supplying the means for our characters to meet. And then I'll introduce her, picture and all. :)

Alliance

Congratulations on your approval. I will get a post up soon.

Would you be interested in my RP Owl's Keep?

Valencia

Thank you!

It sounds interesting, but alas, I'm currently involved in 3 roleplays, and with how busy I am RL, I think anymore would be a bit too much. But once my schedule decreases and I have more time, perhaps we could do that! :D

Alliance

Quote from: Valencia on June 05, 2011, 09:45:16 PM
Thank you!

It sounds interesting, but alas, I'm currently involved in 3 roleplays, and with how busy I am RL, I think anymore would be a bit too much. But once my schedule decreases and I have more time, perhaps we could do that! :D

All right.

Well I'll get a post up soon. Just let me think.