Freeform Underdark game

Started by Lirliel, March 13, 2006, 12:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirliel

Here's the idea:

Setting: Underdark - Drow City of Maeralyn - House D'nachsor 9'th house
Timeline: Before Lloth's Silence

I've been looking over the idea to start my own Drow house and I've been seeing some recent intrest in people playing Drow characters, thus so the idea bubbled up in my head again (also partially to reading the Drizzt Trilogy for the sixth time :P).

I will be looking to have a house of at least Two-to-Four females (I'll be taking on the role as Matron Mother), One-to-Two boys and perhaps a Weapon Master and a Patron. You may create a Drizzt Do'urden type character but as Drizzt's life he will have it hard and his road will not be easy, so choose carefully if this is the life you wish to walk ;)

This game will thoroughly role-play the workings of the inner-house but also those inside Melee-Magthere and the other schools should one be so inclined to do, don't worry for those that wish to write 'fight' sequences you'll get plently off it considering two houses on the ruling council have been weakened so either of those will fall swiftly under the blade of house D'nachsor.

Feel free to PM me if you need some more information or just post here :)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Rayve13

Sounds like fun. Consider me interested.

Lirliel

What would you consider playing then, Male/Female/Patron/Weapon Master?
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Zakharra

I'm definately interested. Female priestess or a female sorceress .

Lirliel

You'll probably play Eldest Daughter then as a Priestress of Lloth.. if you don't mind that is..

Zakharra

Nope. I have no problem of being a priestess of Lolth. Yathrin or Yathtallar?

Lirliel

We'll start of with the Yathrin, considering if you'd like to roleplay becoming Yathtallar, otherwise you'll already be Yathtallar.

Btw use this Drow Translator(if you don't already), very handy: http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/translator/

Zakharra

Xa. I have that translator bookmarked. And I'd like to play out becoming a Yathtallar.

strangely made

I could quite possibly be very slightly interested.
Either as Patron or first boy .

Don't no much about Maeralyn but I'll soon cram so I do :)

Lirliel

A bit of info on Maeralyn:

All that is known of this city is that it is some  20 miles west of Tharsult and recently  invaded Jhachalkhyn. It is probably another city that follows Lolth.

So now you know why the houses are rather weak (Seeing as 2-4 females and 2 boys + Patron and Weapon Master) doesn't equal quite a lot of strength ;)

And you'll be first boy Strangely... *Wonders if he likes to be page prince :P(j/k)*

What is your status gonna be Wizard or Fighter?

strangely made

First boy is cool, not sure about being Page Prince. It could get a bit boring staring at my feet all the time; D

Hmmmmmm wizard or warrior....seeing as I have enough trouble remembering my LaRP  incant spells I'll think I be a warrior *smile*

Oh yeah, how many slaves does the house have?

Lirliel

Hehe... thought so :P

The house has about 100 Soldiers and 70 Slaves (Every house, well.. most.., are weakened by the conquest of the settlement thus they will not have there utmost ammount of slaves/soldiers/etc.)

strangely made

Very similar to my own Drow House in Larp...one male, two females and errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 30 odd "Servants" .

Lirliel

I'm actually looking on getting at least one more female and maybe a patron or a secondboy

Which will give a solid base of power in any city, One High priestress of Lloth and a priestress of Lloth, A elderboy (You want to be a Melee-Magthere master?) and maybe one Wizard or another priestress of Lloth to further consolidate our base of power.

Hmm... *Gets the creeping feeling she's taking Matron Malice's way of thinking* (Power above anything!)

strangely made

arrrrrrrrrrr got me there, not sure what Melee-Magthere master is  :-[

And from what I've read on Matron Malice she's Matron to drool after  ;)

Lirliel

A fighter master, your given a 'position' as a Master of the school of fighting, offcourse you could be starting out as a starting fighter (though that would greatly diminsh the power of the house... *glares at her Matron Malice mind :P*)

And indeed Matron Malice is a great Matron... even if she is a little power hungry ;)
But for now she'll be who I'll take lessons from (As I said, I'm reading The Dark Elf Trilogy again for the sixth time and again enjoying the book :D)

strangely made

Wouldn't make much sense to be just  starting out as a fighter , I'd have thought elderboy would be fairly well trained  (even if he learnt secretly to protect himself from his younger brother)
How about competent fighter working towards Melee-Magthere ?

Lirliel

Hmm, a half year from graduation would place you in the care of your sister at the temple of Lloth, learning the powers that they wield, and also you would see your sister's arrival into the high priesthood... sound good? After that you would be a fighter graduated with honors from Melee-Magthere, thus a fighter master.

Ps, I would protect yourself from your brother.. after all I might choose to roleplay him... and be sure.. I'm a good backstabber :P

strangely made

Sounds cool , and I never have my back to any one  :P

Lirliel

Rayve13

Quote from: Lirliel on March 13, 2006, 06:38:07 AM
What would you consider playing then, Male/Female/Patron/Weapon Master?
Just about any of the above. I'm happy to wait and see what would prove interesting or helpful for scenario building, but my stock characters for Underdark are:
- A lower house male 'adopted' into the family for his fighting ability (possibly a weapons master, possibly just a skilled guard). Completely amoral with other males, but enthralled by females (as is proper).
- A younger daughter eager to earn a place in the eyes of Lolth

I could also play a wizard, since it seems the house is currently lacking one.

Sorry for the response delay, work and sleep blocked me.

Lirliel

- A lower house male 'adopted' into the family for his fighting ability (possibly a weapons master, possibly just a skilled guard). Completely amoral with other males, but enthralled by females (as is proper).

I'll take the second one, a mixture of Skilled Guard (Light weapon-master and Patron heavy?) at least if that's good for you.. we need another strong male ;)

But if need be.. I might ask you to play a priestress of Lloth

So far we have four positions filled in my eyes 1 Female (Zahkarra), 1 Male (Strangely), 1 Patron/weapon - Master (Ravye13)

Just need another Female and maybe another male and we can get started ;)

Rayve13

That's fine with me. He's traditionally something of a brute for a dark elf, at least physically. His prefered weapon is the trident (taken from a sahaugin chieftan), but I've also run him as an axe fighter, or could switch up to any type of weapon necessary. I just like him with unusual weapons  :)

He also only has one eye. The other has been replaced with an eye patch holding a single fire opal that's been enchanted to let him see, and see invisible creatures besides.

PhoenixBlaze

I am also interested as well. Though it has been a while since I have read that trilogy. Might need some help on a few things, memory is bad sometimes, but I would love to do it.  ;)
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Lirliel

Quote from: Rayve13 on March 13, 2006, 03:00:56 PM
That's fine with me. He's traditionally something of a brute for a dark elf, at least physically. His prefered weapon is the trident (taken from a sahaugin chieftan), but I've also run him as an axe fighter, or could switch up to any type of weapon necessary. I just like him with unusual weapons  :)

He also only has one eye. The other has been replaced with an eye patch holding a single fire opal that's been enchanted to let him see, and see invisible creatures besides.

*Nods* sounds... intresting, though the seeing of invisible creatures... maybe not quite.. maybe a improved version of infravision. Don't want to 'overpowered' creatures ;)

And an axe warrior is quite agreeable with me, a trident.. bit far-fetched but I'd be willing to accept it.. though I'm not 100% how far we're from Sahaugin territory.

Quote from: PhoenixBlaze on March 13, 2006, 03:01:42 PM
I am also interested as well. Though it has been a while since I have read that trilogy. Might need some help on a few things, memory is bad sometimes, but I would love to do it.  ;)

Sure.. I would be willing to help you with working it out. What character would you like to be then? Male/Female?