Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Caela on April 28, 2016, 10:29:42 PM
I saw that White Walkers were, but couldn't find the comment about wildlings.

Oh true.  :/  My brain sort of lumped them together.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Ryven

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 28, 2016, 10:29:23 PM
Alright, so if we're going with the idea that I'm playing the Tyrell de facto Head of House, with a younger, easily-manipulated Lannister husband that serves as the figurehead of our household, which is an idea I am all for, by the way, then I'm gonna need some plots.

-grins at Ry.-  Ya, rly.

Would anyone like to spitball some possible plots/connections/enemies/frenemies/political machinations with me?

What did you have in mind? ^-^

summoner2183

Sure... I already have some thoughts on my Lannister male... but for a Stark male I have to make a concept. For the Lannister male  I was thinking of making him descended from Tyrion or Kevan Lannister.

Caela

Quote from: The Dark Raven on April 28, 2016, 10:42:50 PM
Oh true.  :/  My brain sort of lumped them together.

Mine might have too...though I thought I saw something specifically about the Wildlings...could be wrong...

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Caela on April 28, 2016, 10:26:03 PM
Random thought...what happened to the wildling? I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere but now I can't find it.

They were pushed back behind the wall. For now, we're not going to recognize them as nobility or a faction.

The Dark Raven

Faceclaiming Sarah Gadon for my second character.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

summoner2183

Ryven

Faceclaiming Marlon Teixeira for whomever my Tyrell character turns out to be.

Bibliophilia

I'm going to snag Barbara Palvin for my Tyrell girl.

Oh!  Ry, I apparently totally missed that you were making a Tyrell!  Wanna be bestest friends?  Or/and siblings?

Maeryn Tyrell

Edit:  Red and Rel, after the decree from the King, would head of household pass to Maeryn from her husband?  Like, would she then officially become the Head?

WhatLiesAbove

Quick question....

Would a head of House Stark be the daughter or grand-daughter of Sansa?

Ryven

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 28, 2016, 11:19:58 PM
I'm going to snag Barbara Palvin for my Tyrell girl.

Oh!  Ry, I apparently totally missed that you were making a Tyrell!  Wanna be bestest friends?  Or/and siblings?

Maeryn Tyrell

Well, I haven't decided if I'll make a full Tyrell or a bastard Tyrell.  I don't know enough about connections or lineage to try and formulate something on my own though, so if you gots ideas, I'm all for them.

sweets

Okay so what I was thinking was that Darna  is from house Sharp. During the events of the book two different members had supported Asha and  Victarion so that could cause issues with the Sharps and Greyjoys still.

Is there any current plans for House Mormont? My plans include them.

summoner2183

Quote from: sweets on April 28, 2016, 11:36:13 PM
Okay so what I was thinking was that Darna  is from house Sharp. During the events of the book two different members had supported Asha and  Victarion so that could cause issues with the Sharps and Greyjoys still.

Hey sweets... Do you mind if good ol Jerome show up in here as well? Not the Jerome i played with you on our iwn GoT thread, but he is somewhat similar.

Bibliophilia

Ry, it might be kind of interesting if your character was the bastard child of Maeryn's father.

Her father was the son of Tommen and Margaery, and if your character is actually older than she is and the decree does make her the head of her house, then it could make for some really interesting storylines.

BruceTheCat

Hey guys!

Going to answer your questions all at once:

@Bib, no the power would not transfer to her. The new decree is not a retroactive thing. So like if a younger brother is already the Lord of his House, and he has an older sister, that sister would not suddenly become the Lord of the House

Also, marriage works a little differently. There are two types of marriages. A Patrilineal Marriage, and a Matrilineal Marriage. Patrilineal means that the wife takes the husbands last name. A Matrilineal Marriage is the opposite, the husband takes the wife's last name.

So let's say Male - Baratheon heir decided to marry Female - Tully heir. The marriage is a Patrilineal Marriage. The female would become a part of house Baratheon.

Now lets do the reverse. Male - Baratheon marries Female - Tully. The male becomes a part of the Tully family.

NOW! Let's try something more interesting. Male - Baratheon (who is the Head of the House) marries a Female - Tully (who is also the Head of a House). It is a Patrilineal Marriage. The Male - Baratheon would become the head of both House Baratheon and House Tully all of a sudden. Because the new wife is not a Tully any longer, she is a Baratheon. Basically forging the two houses in to one single house, House Baratheon. The reverse would also be the case in a Matrilineal Marriage.

@WhatLiesAbove, the Head of the Stark Household could be either the direct child, or grandchild of Sansa. Depending on their age. Aegon is the direct son of Daenery's, but he is in his early 50's.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Quote from: sweets on April 28, 2016, 11:36:13 PM

So far no one has mentioned the Mormonts!

sweets

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 29, 2016, 12:07:32 AM
So far no one has mentioned the Mormonts!

Would it be alright it I did an NPC head for House Mormont if no one else is interested?

Rel Mayer

Quote from: sweets on April 29, 2016, 12:09:49 AM
Would it be alright it I did an NPC head for House Mormont if no one else is interested?

As long as you plan on playing an actual character in the house, I don't see a reason why not! Just give us a good reason as to what's going on in Mormont politically and otherwise. A bit of background on the NPC would help, so we can get a big picture of how it plays with the other houses.

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Red Lobster on April 28, 2016, 11:56:53 PM
Hey guys!

Going to answer your questions all at once:

@Bib, no the power would not transfer to her. The new decree is not a retroactive thing. So like if a younger brother is already the Lord of his House, and he has an older sister, that sister would not suddenly become the Lord of the House

Also, marriage works a little differently. There are two types of marriages. A Patrilineal Marriage, and a Matrilineal Marriage. Patrilineal means that the wife takes the husbands last name. A Matrilineal Marriage is the opposite, the husband takes the wife's last name.

So let's say Male - Baratheon heir decided to marry Female - Tully heir. The marriage is a Patrilineal Marriage. The female would become a part of house Baratheon.

Now lets do the reverse. Male - Baratheon marries Female - Tully. The male becomes a part of the Tully family.

NOW! Let's try something more interesting. Male - Baratheon (who is the Head of the House) marries a Female - Tully (who is also the Head of a House). It is a Patrilineal Marriage. The Male - Baratheon would become the head of both House Baratheon and House Tully all of a sudden. Because the new wife is not a Tully any longer, she is a Baratheon. Basically forging the two houses in to one single house, House Baratheon. The reverse would also be the case in a Matrilineal Marriage.

@WhatLiesAbove, the Head of the Stark Household could be either the direct child, or grandchild of Sansa. Depending on their age. Aegon is the direct son of Daenery's, but he is in his early 50's.

Just to add a note to my previous comments, what I described with House Tully and Baratheon is the reason why all Great House marriages must be (by law) given consent to take place by the King. It is to prevent any 1 Great House from growing so powerful that it could threaten the kingdom. Without the consent of the King the marriage is not considered 'legitimate', and no power shift takes place.

Minor House marriages are given consent by the Great House who they belong to.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

sweets

@ Rel Mayer I had intended for Darna to have sworn herself to House Mormont having been taken under the wing of the Mormont's when she was rather young. Would that be enough or would you rather there be a blood tie?

@ summoner2183 Jerome is great I think he would great.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: sweets on April 29, 2016, 12:24:33 AM
@ Rel Mayer I had intended for Darna to have sworn herself to House Mormont having been taken under the wing of the Mormont's when she was rather young. Would that be enough or would you rather there be a blood tie?

As long as she's considered part of House Mormont, you should be fine!

Amarlo

-hands in tentative interest slip-

I'm debating playing a Targaryen or someone from Essos, if possible...

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

summoner2183

So... a House Lannister must always be blond most of the rime right?

WhatLiesAbove

My sheet for a Stark will be in in the morning....

I know you said we are kinda female-heavy, but it may end up being a female. I just feel more comfortable in the role for some odd reason.

Caela

Quote from: summoner2183 on April 29, 2016, 12:49:03 AM
So... a House Lannister must always be blond most of the rime right?

It's one of the distinguishing features of the family, but I'd think it could change considering how many odd marriages there must have been after the War of the Five Kings just because of how many people died during it.