Shadowrun

Started by greenknight, August 14, 2013, 08:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenknight

Looking to play in or run Shadowrun. I only run SR3, I don't like system changes of the later editions. For those keeping score, yes, that also means Big D hasn't been elected president yet.

If I run, I want to get a semi-ongoing game. Call it a series of one-shots or whatever, but I want a semi-regular team with multiple "missions."

Group dynamics: I'd prefer Neal's crew to Vincent's squad (Heat). Dierdre's cell (Ronin) works for the paranoia factor early on, but remember I want this to have a longer view than that team. The assumption is also that the team can initially deal with underworld elements from a position of strength, through a fixer and/or their rep.

If I play, I've got an adept burning in my brain I haven't been able to play out.

Talk about stuff here if you'd like or pm me. I won't be available to actually start until the end of the month. I have to go to work and don't know what my open network access will be like.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Inash

I think I would be interested, though I haven't played shadowrun since 1st edition.  I'm going to need some time to check out what 3rd ed is like.

Blinkin

I may be interested, but I've only had expereince with 2nd editon Shadowrun... anyone know where I might lay my hands on a PDF for 3? If I can find a copy, I'll make this a stronger interest... probably a street sam or some such.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Jr

I'm down to play. My experience with SR3 is pretty scant, but I'll learn.

greenknight

Sorry, all. I went to work and came home to technical issues. Back now.

Briefly on the changes from earlier SR editions. Lots more skill points, but several skills have had their concentrations split into separate skills (like firearms). Weapon damage codes changed and all staging numbers replaced by 2. "More metahumans" option, ie, depending on bennies it's priority C or D rather than A.

PM directly if you have specific system questions. Otherwise, post here.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150