News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Boromir vs Ned: GRRM weighs in.

Started by Stella, November 07, 2012, 11:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stella

Naiah

Oooh would love to see the fight between Nazguls and the White Walkers!

And of course Boromir would win in a fight agaisnt Ned :P

Stella

Ned wouldn't take the Ring though, lol.

Deamonbane

Aragorn(in the movies, anyway) Is a rotten fighter*shakes head*... An confrontation that would be fun would be Smaug vs. Targaryen dragons...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Stella

Why do you think he's a lousy fighter? He kicks considerable ass!

Naiah

Smaug is lazy, he would get his ass kicked by the Targaryen dragons..

Just like Tyrion would just have to make a quip about Frodo and he would be running off crying.. or if its movie Frodo, fall on his ass crying :P

Stella

I'm pretty sure Tyrion could own Middle Earth with words, lol.

And you're right about Smaug. I don't remember reading that the Targaryen dragons had a lazy penchant for treasure beds..!

Deamonbane

Smaug might be lazy, but he can also be quite vigorous... My bet would be on the Golden One...

As for Aragorn, he is a decent fighter, but he charges time and time again in the middle of the fray, wielding a longsword. A weapons best used at a distance, especially considering the fact that he is fighting multiple, unskilled opponents. You will notice that in the Fellowship, he is constantly found needing to retreat, with nowhere to go, because he charges willy-nilly into the bad guys... Again in the Battle of Helm's deep... Jamie would give him the ass-whupping of a lifetime...

And *grins* I would have to agree about Mr. Frodo Baggins. However, if the Lannister Dwarf tossed a comment at Gimli, he would be likely to get his head chopped off :P
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Naiah

Oh Gimli would totally own his ass and make him his bitch :P

And I will take that dragon bet!

Tybalt

No mention of the more agile fighters...I think it would be interesting to see Bronn vs. Legolas.

Brienne of Tarth vs. Eowyn would be fun to watch too, I think.

Naiah

Bronn would fight so dirty lol

And psh Eowyn is a sissy compared to Brienne!

Stella

Brienne > Practically Everybody. :p

What about Tywin vs Elrond?

Naiah

Quote from: Stella on November 08, 2012, 07:56:38 AM
Brienne > Practically Everybody. :p

*Loves Stella*

I think Tywin would kick the movie Elronds sissy ass. As for the book one, hmm he might be in for a rough fight there..

Deamonbane

I have to admit, Brienne is pretty bad-ass... okay, very bad-ass...

And... Elrond, as Hugo Weaving would totally whup anybody...

Naiah

Lux12

Ned.Larger sword and it took longer for the author and T.V. series to kill him off.Though Boromir wins in a comparison of heroic deaths.

Stella

Quote from: Lux12 on November 08, 2012, 02:38:09 PM
Ned.Larger sword and it took longer for the author and T.V. series to kill him off.Though Boromir wins in a comparison of heroic deaths.

Size matters not!

Plus you've got to consider ability and age. Ned was out of his prime. Boromir was at his peak, and he was regarded as being one of Gondor's greatest warriors.  Also, I don't think their book longevity really counts as their situations were totally different. My opinion, anyway.

I can just hear Elrond now. "Mr Lannister .... we've missed you ..."  :p