News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Quote from: Brandon on September 25, 2012, 10:36:33 PM
The lack of an inventory is what really sealed the deal for me and made me start to feel a bit alienated as a die hard fan of Xcom. One of the major things about XCom was micromanaging inventory.  You were the commander of an international defense agency and that meant proper management of everything from building bases to managing individual soldier loadouts.

Yes, the commander. Not the guy driving the forklift in the warehouse.

That said, I haven't tried the game. I'll do it now, if only to prove that it's possible to be a hardcore fan and enjoy the new game.

Or, you know, not.

Sabby

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Hemingway

So, I took X-COM for a spin. I, for one, welcome the changes. It's not the same game, but the core is very much still there. It's still a deep tactical shooter, just far more streamlined. Which is not to say that it's "dumbed down".

In a lot of ways it's a vast improvement. Not having to manually turn your operatives to look around, as if they're not capable of looking around without turning their entire body, is a welcome change. I also think the class system is going to offer more variety, as long as there are enough weapons for each class. That sounds more interesting than equipping all your operatives with Flying Suits and Heavy Plasma ( with the odd Blaster Launcher in case you need to level a moderately sized country ).

I can't think of a single thing I didn't like, though obviously the demo is quite limited in what it lets you see and do.

Teo Torriatte

If I thought there was a chance in hell of my laptop running the new Xcom, I would be so all over that. My only gripe with the original was that it was a tad too complicated for me.

But hey, look on the bright side, at least it's not Xcom Enforcer! Anyone remember that steaming pile of crap?

Rage

I sure do, god, I despised that game with all of my being.

However, Resident Evil 5 is on the agenda today, getting ready for Retribution, which comes out tomorrow, and Resident Evil 6, I'm gonna be right on that when it's released, finally, back to killing the Undead, and not just mutated people.
In a restaurant.
"Would you like a table?"
"Nope, I want to eat on the floor... Carpet for five, please"

Teo Torriatte

....Mega bonus!!!! *giggles*

I'm still playing Puzzle Quest 2, along with-

Adelantado
Desktop Dungeons
Deadly Rooms of Death
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog 3(with S&K)
Hack Slash Loot
HyperRogue

among others, lol

Rage

Sonic Spinball... I've not played that since I was only a mite.

As for Sonic three and Knuckles, I have that on emulator ~Chuckles~
In a restaurant.

Teo Torriatte

Yup I am playing both of those via emulation as well.  :D

Rage

My Emulator is on an n-gage. So, I technically have a Game Gear ~Chuckles~
In a restaurant.

Teo Torriatte

*giggles* yep I guess you do! Mine is just on my laptop.

Rage

The N-gage is slow as hell, but, it doubles as a phone, so, it's not too bad.
In a restaurant.

Lilian

Quote from: Lirliel on September 09, 2012, 01:20:26 PM
Well are you using attachments, they help a great deal, the same with the very obvious use of equipment, but it seems like your doing that already.

As for the enemy often times hitting you from crazy distances, well maybe they have night-vision too, night-scopes on their weapons. All sorts of things, trust me, they are armed to the teeth. Never underestimate them.

And blow up the tanks if you want to 'take' Meduna, because they count as opponents, as for minefields, try to get a very good EXP merc, or a metal detector, remember the batteries!

I LOOOOOOVE JA2, Love love LOVE, still play it, if you're up for some MP action I am _so_ down. But... my first win ever against dierdranna..

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
When you are outnumbered and arrested, then go through your interrogation scene, you are given an option to escape. In the prison compound you can find two LAW missles. If you sneak past the edge of the maps at night, and go to the palace, you can use one LAW to get through her living room wall, then the other will kill her. XD

There are many great and interesting mods for JA2, especially with the advent of the 1.13 patch. They broke that game right open and are playing with its innards right now; so much so as to actually change the way the inventory is done, to add more items and flexibility, and to actually make graphics that represent what your characters wear. After playing Jagged Alliance: Back In Action, I still think that JA2 is a more interesting, much funner and more enjoyable game. After all, what sniper rifle does 5 damage to a 100hp guy wearing a t-shirt from 50 feet? Not unless you trimmed his cuticles with it.

I'm pretty much playing Borderlands 2, which I might halt cos' it messes with my daydreaming, formerly mine craft (Which I discovered for the first time three weeks ago. Best friend hosted a server. After having most of what I built blown away by creepers, I finally built myself a well sealed castle and city. Then they took the server down, which was sort of like the ultimate creeper blowout.

A lot of emulated games, I'm suprised at how many Langrisser games they've translated.. and how good they get later on.

Still looking for anyone with a good PC rig, if they're into multiplayer games.

Oniya

I took a quest too early on Lambdarogue, and now I have a stuffed inventory full of things I can't get rid of.  :'(

May have to start over.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Just got Outland. Wow. So thus is what the 16 bit Era was like.

Sabby

I'd get some words and place them here so they convey a message, but I don't think my brain has recovered from the amount of awesome it just got smacked with.