The Future Fugitive - F looking for M

Started by RedEve, June 22, 2014, 04:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

The year is 2174 and the world has changed a lot. Over the course of the 21st century, the old nations slowly dissolved into one super state. Representative democracy has been replaced by an executive branch which is controlled by the five major worldwide corporations. A round the clock surveillance system that uses both stationary 360° cameras as well as drones – all of which are monitored by a superior AI - has nearly eliminated crime altogether. Anyone who does commit a crime is immediately identified and swiftly caught. Humanity lives mostly in supercities that all number in the many tens of millions of people. The place of living is determined by class. The superrich occupy the highest floors in the high-rise buildings, the poorest wretches get by in the many slums near the surface.

Your character is a mid-level executive at Fortman Corp, an international conglomerate that has its finger in many broths. You are part of their media branch and work as a producer on a popular Holovid reality program. One day, one of its contestants is found murdered and you are horrified to find out that the authorities have holovid evidence of you committing the crime, even though you are innocent. You use some of your less-reputable contacts to get rid of the tracking chip that every citizen gets implanted at birth and you make a run for it. You hide away in the city’s slum district, amongst the drug users, beggars and low-tech sexbots. Knowing that it is only a matter of time before they find you even down there, you hide away in a shithole of a hotel and hire a sexbot to keep you company for what you believe will be your last few days of freedom.

Humanoid robots have been a part of society for nearly 100 years now. The very best models are completely indistinguishable from humans, both in terms of appearance and behavior. The cheaper models look almost as real, but their credible human behavior is usually limited to very specific contexts. Most of the sexbots who work in the slums for their human pimps are of the latter type.

For this game, I am looking for a player to play the fugitive. I would play the sexbot (pictured above) and all of the NPCs he might encounter. His ultimate fate is up for discussion. We could just play his last few days before getting capture, or we could allow him to clear his name.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list