News:

Main Menu

World Cup 2018

Started by Remiel, June 18, 2018, 09:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

Will Mick Jagger be watching the final? I bet he would support France, of course. :D

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Vergil Tanner

I kinda hope he does!

And then we can shoot him before the next world cup.

Not anywhere vital, of course. Just somewhere that would force him to watch it at home.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

gaggedLouise

If Mick Jagger brings bad luck, does Keith bring good luck watching football? :D

Deamonbane

Two whole days to Sunday... I think I might die.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Remiel

Belgium looked very sharp today.  Probably the highest calibre of any team so far this World Cup.  If they had played like that against France, they'd have been in the final.

Aleph

Quote from: Remiel on July 14, 2018, 11:00:57 AM
Belgium looked very sharp today.  Probably the highest calibre of any team so far this World Cup.  If they had played like that against France, they'd have been in the final.

Agreed, they really looked good. Barring a few minutes here and there England looked like they just wanted to get it over with and get home. Though given the premier league starts in a little less than a month, I can't blame them.

Nico

Still so proud of our boys!

#YoullNeverWalkAlone

Deamonbane

Da-Lhe Croacia!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Deamonbane

As of Today, the French cannot ever complain about anybody diving ever for the rest of time.

Remiel

Congratulations, France.

And well done, Croatia, for making it such an entertaining final.  You never gave up until the whistle.

Formless

France takes the championship.

Croatia looked exhausted halfway through the second half, but that second goal breathed some strength into the players.

Deamonbane

Kudos to both teams. Fantastic game, great WC. Can't wait for the next one.

*groans* Ugh... Vive la France!

Formless

Quote from: Deamonbane on July 15, 2018, 12:31:09 PM
Kudos to both teams. Fantastic game, great WC. Can't wait for the next one.

*groans* Ugh... Vive la France!

Wish I could say the same. Politically, next World Cup may not be pleasant given the current tension between Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

gaggedLouise

That final 4-2 goal was one of the funniest (as in weirdest) goals I've ever seen in a major cup football game. :D

Well earned victory by the way...Vive la France!

Nico

Congratulations, France!

And congratulations to each other team. You all deserved to be among the best of the best!

Life in Color

Ggwp, France.

No one voted for France in our poll, which is pretty amusing.

And, now we get to wait for the real Women's World Cup.

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Remiel

Quote from: mia h on July 16, 2018, 04:06:52 AM
For the next 2 days Southgate station on the London Underground is being renamed Gareth Southgate station.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/gareth-southgate-station-piccadilly-line-tube-hub-renamed-in-honour-of-englands-hero-world-cup-a3887781.html

The question is--is it required to wear a waistcoat when you ride the tube?

mia h

Quote from: Remiel on July 16, 2018, 08:58:46 AM
The question is--is it required to wear a waistcoat when you ride the tube?
That's where they missed a trick, anyone traveling from Gareth Southgate wearing a waistcoat goes free.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: mia h on July 16, 2018, 04:06:52 AM
For the next 2 days Southgate station on the London Underground is being renamed Gareth Southgate station.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/gareth-southgate-station-piccadilly-line-tube-hub-renamed-in-honour-of-englands-hero-world-cup-a3887781.html

A few tube stations in Paris will be renamed too for a few days. One of them, on the Champs-Elysées avenue, will be given the name Deschamps-Elysées-Clemenceau. :) (Clemenceau of course was the tough-guy war leader, practically a dictator, during the last year of WW1, and the father of the Treaty of Versailles).

Aleph

Quote from: gaggedLouise on July 16, 2018, 10:12:52 AM
A few tube stations in Paris will be renamed too for a few days. One of them, on the Champs-Elysées avenue, will be given the name Deschamps-Elysées-Clemenceau. :) (Clemenceau of course was the tough-guy war leader, practically a dictator, during the last year of WW1, and the father of the Treaty of Versailles).

Better than that, a few more stations were converted :)

Victor Hugo became Victor Hugo Lloris
Bercy became Bercy les Bleus (punning on Merci les Bleus)
Charles de Gaulle - Étoile became On a 2 Étoiles ("we have 2 stars" [one for each World Cup])
Notre Dame became Notre Didier Deschamps
Avron became Nous Avron Gagné (punning on Nous avons gagné "we have won")

Someone was clealry having fun with the idea at RATP.