Would anyone like to run a DnD game for an amateur?

Started by Innocence, June 25, 2013, 06:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocence

Hi everyone!

So I'm trying my best to become more familiar with the schematics of DnD.

I've played Pathfinder on E once before but it was my first time and I really did not know what I was doing.  I've played DnD 4th ed in RL once before but the people I played with tended to do everything for me [tell me which stats to level, spells to get, etc] to the point that it felt like I wasn't really playing.

So for the sake of becoming a better player, would anyone be willing to run a campaign targetted towards first-time players or amateurs?

It can really be any edition of DnD, Pathfinder, heck it can even be WoD [I tried this but didn't really understand it]
I'd just really like to get more hands-on experience playing so that I'm not trouble for the more experienced players.

Cheers =]

EvilBeast

I'm thinking of starting either a Pathfinder or D&D 3.5 game here. Do you want a solo or part of a group? In either case, feel free to send me a message letting me know what game you're looking for.

Innocence

Quote from: EvilBeast on June 25, 2013, 10:56:42 AM
I'm thinking of starting either a Pathfinder or D&D 3.5 game here. Do you want a solo or part of a group? In either case, feel free to send me a message letting me know what game you're looking for.

Hi =] Nice avatar
I don't mind being part of a group, but I think it'd be better to go solo so I can focus on learning more.  I don't mind Pathfinder or DnD, but I've only got the 4th edition handbook and can access most of the Pathfinder info online.  So Pathfinder would probably be best ^w^

EvilBeast

Pathfinder it is then. :)

I'll send you a PM soon so we can discuss the particulars.

Innocence

CarnivorousBunny

my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

PhantomPistoleer

Hey,

If it doesn't pan out with the other potential GM, I wouldn't mind running a solo Pathfinder adventure.  PM me if interested.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

EvilBeast

Maybe Phantom can help both Innocence and Bunny. While I can GM, Phantom can help the players during play. Sounding good?

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

MasterMischief

I have over 20 years of gaming experience with more systems than I can count.  Most of that time, I was teaching friends and co-workers how to play.  If anyone is still looking to dip their toe in the waters, I would be happy to help.  I do have two provisos however.  One, I would really, really rather not run Pathfinder.  I have a hard drive full of systems I could run and I think some of the lighter systems would work better for exposing a new player to mechanics.  Two, I would have to do this via e-mail.  I am just not on E enough these days to fairly make that kind of commitment.

Drop me a PM if interested.  Happy gaming!

denhauzer

Could I join in? I'd quite like to learn either system :)

EvilBeast

I can help Innocence and Carnivorous Bunny, if they like. (PM sent to each). I'll see how that goes to start and then may add others to the group. If not, then there appears to be a couple of other GMs here that may help you out.

Innocence

This thread really took off  =]
I'm so glad to see there are so many people willing to help out ^w^
As well as a few wishing to learn the games.
I love E

LeSane

Just like those before me I really wish to join once everything is said and done. Recently I've been dying to try this but never knew a person that was interested or able to tell me themselves. I just hope I can be apart of this.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'