-~Nav Nexus~-
Interest Thread  (you are here)
OOC Thread
IC Battles Thread
IC Safety Thread (coming)
Worldbuilding
System
Setting -- Worldbuilding Thread
In a place between places, a cosmic intersection of strange qualities and many doorways, war rages for control of dimensional gateways that could pave the way for massive invasions and control the fate of many universes. 

This place has a few unique properties:
-: Fertility rates are massively increased.
-: Wounds that should be fatal heal quickly, and it is nearly impossible to actually die via direct (meta)physical violence.
--: The healing process puts the wounded into a sort of stasis that makes them easily captured\manipulated.
-: Due to the sheer alien nature of the various factions the only commonly accepted currency between them is prisoner exchanges, read: slaves.
-: Time dilation for traveling between worlds and the sheer scale in space and time of the conflict makes breeding new soldiers from these slaves a viable and broadly deployed stratagem.
-: Fighting is centered around Ostiums, important gateways to other many worlds of a given universe--seizing and defending these is the key conflict point in the game.
-: Shrouds of mist separate the various environs around the Ostiums, which range from jungles to volcanic wastelands.  Traversing them is nigh-instantaneous, so essentially every Ostium's demesne is adjacent to every other Ostium.

The game will be an epic in scope, common soldiery will probably not be able to stand up to you without huge numbers (unless you'd prefer to play an individual of lower power level).  The real challenge will come from PvE and PvP duels between high-profile individuals and skirmishes of several of them.  These fights will be relatively quick but quite brutal, and it's winner-takes-all. 

Once one side has gone down the rapid healing of this dimension puts them into a stasis at the whims of their opponent.  This will

Kinks
Insemination and NC will be common.  This will likely go in either Exotic or Human NC, or EX if all those who show interest find that they want something eXXXtreme going on.  You're welcome to re-roll upon loss.  Chances of your faction buying you or fighting for your freedom are high--the DM will cooperate closely with captors and captees to ensure a fun story line for everyone still informed by the mechanical outcomes.

OOC Details
This is open to people of any sexuality and crossplay is allowed.  It will be a simple d10(0) system based on rolling at-or-under certain stats to accomplish tasks (Ballistics Skill to shoot someone, etc) and d10 to deal damage and healing.

Fantasy aesthetic is kind of necessary, this isn't Mass Effect, but that doesn't mean the group you come from doesn't have what would be considered advanced tech.  It should probably be magical in some sense and not be a lot of guns\lasers, as that'd kind of put sword-and-board people in an awkward spot that'd leave neither side satisfied.

I was thinking there'd be three or four large factions but I thought the players would get to create them, as this way they'd be slightly more invested in them.

the System

the Factions

the Vigilance
A multi-dimensional alliance of individual worlds that all belong to the same supranational organization and try to force themselves upon others.  Common humanoid races such as elves, humans, dwarves, etc, are the predominate citizens.  Their detractors say they're imperialists trying to throw their weight around to gain access to lucrative trans-dimensional trade routes, but the Vigilance party line is that they stand vigilant over the Ostiums of their members purely in the name of peace.

the Maelstrom
Ragtag group of independent organizations, most of which dominate their own home world and don't want anyone messing that up--a defensive pact that has harder times mobilizing than the Vigilance.  Racially they have a wide diversity including many unique races not seen outside their collective due to existing on only one or two worlds.  Their main point of conflict is Vigilance control of Ostiums that lead to a nexus of worlds with split allegiance between Vigilance and Maelstrom, virtually guaranteeing their nexus becomes a hot bed and dimensional invasions there in a desperate bit for universal hegemony are relatively commonplace.  Detracts of the Maelstrom will point out they support Daemon Lords and Ascendant Liches as well as a variety of other evil characters, but the Maelstrom passes no judgement and the Vigilance has its share of warlords as well--as long as you're willing to stand against all comers and remain independent the Maelstrom asks comparatively little of individual member-states.  Right-of-Conquest rules within the Maelstrom are what elicits most of their alliance's military contributions.

Xorians
Constant genetic experiment of mutation and evolution, this 'race' epitomizes survival of the fittest.  They fuck out imperfections, both in the form of offspring and mutations.  Overlords lead hordes of their comrades that have morphed into nearly every type of horrible alien monstrosity imaginable that can still serve a vital roll on the battlefield.  They are Zerg-esque, although not quite a hive-mind.  Xorians probe various Ostiums for new places to spread to and evolve, but given the individualistic nature of Overlords there's no guarantee of cohesive efforts, and as such keeping individual Xorian hordes locked into certain dimensions or even galaxies is relatively easy.

What has proven supremely challenging is, however, rooting out the Xorian hordes that squat in the between place, the 'otherealm,' where our game takes place.  This has made them a constant, unpredictable thorn in the sides of both the Vigilance and the Maelstrom Pact.  They typically prefer to bait them into the other group wherever possible, else dig in and utilize superior accuracy to their advantage--Xorians, while tough, cannot hit the broad side of a barn unless they're members of a subspecies bread to do so.  Something about Xorian DNA still renders such ranged combatants pitiful in comparison to experts of other races, however.

Xorians are as ancient as the Ostiums themselves and had been found infesting them and squatting amongst the gateways when the groups that went on to form the core of Vigilance first probed the place.  If they have any knowledge of who, or what, built this place however, the Xorians neither remember nor care to share theories...

Slot 4

Slot 5

Character Sheet

You can either roll 2d10 per stat or spend 65 points (1:1) across these stats.  Only rolls made to
My ID
are valid for charGen purposes.  You may re-roll if you find it nonSat.

This is the simplest charSheet, feel free to embelish.

[float=right][img width=300][/img][/float]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Race[/b]: (ask me about this beforehand if you want to have racially calculated statbloc)
[b]Racial Description[/b]: (for non-generics or exposition)

[b]Backstory[/b]: (explain who you are and where you're from)

WS  |  BS  |  S  |  T  |  Ag  |  Int  |  WP  |  Fel
XX   |  XX  | XX | XX|  XX  |  XX  |  XX  |  XX

Wounds:
Insanity Points: 0

Inventory: (will discuss in pm)
Equipped: (same)

Unique Attributes: (special mechanical things about your character, decided avec moi)

pcnovaes

Sounds interesting. What's the name of the system are you using? Does it have only the usual fantasy races or other species as well?

Jezabelle

Quote from: pcnovaes on March 25, 2016, 09:05:42 AM
Sounds interesting. What's the name of the system are you using? Does it have only the usual fantasy races or other species as well?

Would probably use some variation of this.  We can create whatever races the player want relatively easily, I'm more than willing to hand-tailor aspects of character like that based on fluff.  Be a floating crystalloid that uses mindrape as their primary weapon, be a twi'lk knock off, be a jungle Drow, be anything that isn't immediately power-gamey (remembering the power level bar is set relatively high and I'll keep balance in mind when dolling out bonuses).

DeviantMunster

Jezabelle

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 25, 2016, 09:21:11 AM
I'll place my interest!

Awesome!

If you guys would like I could fix up a character sheet.  Would you prefer a point-by system or just a race-tailored roll system, so you've got a guaranteed cushion in what you're good at.  The normal for each stat is 20+1d10 but it goes up to 30+1d10 and down to 10+1d10

DeviantMunster

My experience would usually dictate point buy ! Simply to be fair. *gasps* But I don't mind.

This could be fun, if it takes off, depending!

Jezabelle

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 25, 2016, 09:42:26 AM
My experience would usually dictate point buy ! Simply to be fair. *gasps* But I don't mind.

This could be fun, if it takes off, depending!

Alright.  35 points across the stats which start at 20 if you're a run of the mill human or a species you feel should be statistically similar.  Hit me up with character\race\faction concepts and I can give you the skinny on what kind of bonuses I feel they ought to have and we can come to an agreement that leaves everyone happy.

Depending, if it's not too much to intrude, on what?  I hope to start us off with the best possible odds.  I'm happy to shore things up for y'all.

DeviantMunster

If it takes off! I mean. It'd be super fun with a lot of people. Coop fighting, kinky capture, rescues!

Jezabelle

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 25, 2016, 10:18:27 AM
If it takes off! I mean. It'd be super fun with a lot of people. Coop fighting, kinky capture, rescues!

Oh, yes indeed, why thank you.  Honestly I usually have a hard time getting takers when I start threads but this may be my lucky day in that department.

Jezabelle

Rules here.

You can either roll 2d10 per stat or spend 65 points (1:1) across these stats.  Only rolls made to
My ID
are valid for charGen purposes.  You may re-roll if you find it nonSat.

This is the simplest charSheet, feel free to embelish.

[float=right][img width=300][/img][/float]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Race[/b]: (ask me about this beforehand if you want to have racially calculated statbloc)
[b]Racial Description[/b]: (for non-generics or exposition)

[b]Backstory[/b]: (explain who you are and where you're from)

XX   |  XX  | XX | XX|  XX  |  XX  |  XX  |  XX

Wounds:

Inventory: (will discuss in pm)
Equipped: (same)

Unique Attributes: (special mechanical things about your character, decided avec moi)

paradisic

Jezabelle

Lovely.

Do any of my interest-havers currently have a preferred faction?  Would it be better to have more background on them?

paradisic

I'd say the Vigilance look most interesting to me currently, but yeah, more background would definitely be appreciated.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest, more background would be ideal also. Also have idea to create faction based on race which looks like this. In short a 'zerg' race which is based on simple biomutatenic lifeform which asserts it's dominance upon other species by entering their bodies and starting warping/changing biomass in original host and 'evolve' it to new form. Once transformation is complete the original alien and host mind fuse together and they form a telepathic link to rest of the 'host' which are governed by powerful overlords who are powerful psychic creatures which have long course of gathering biomass essence (read; devouring other zergs) evolved to independant entities with powerful psychic powers to assert dominance upon zerg with weaker psychic power.

Overall culture is 'survival of fittest' and 'evolve out any weaknesses' from the host bodies which can vary greatly. In short a space alien virus which is infected on original species and then warp/change it to become part of greater whole. Overall faction has no political or grander goals or such than besides breeding and spreading out their species (sort virus pattern). So sort faction which you love join if you like play tentacle monsters or truly monstrous space alien which are driven to capture and breed with captives who start mutate to their new forms through sexual intercourse (victims getting to choose how they evolve depending on personality traits and innate potential).

Jezabelle

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 25, 2016, 12:29:39 PM
I voice interest, more background would be ideal also. Also have idea to create faction based on race which looks like this. In short a 'zerg' race which is based on simple biomutatenic lifeform which asserts it's dominance upon other species by entering their bodies and starting warping/changing biomass in original host and 'evolve' it to new form. Once transformation is complete the original alien and host mind fuse together and they form a telepathic link to rest of the 'host' which are governed by powerful overlords who are powerful psychic creatures which have long course of gathering biomass essence (read; devouring other zergs) evolved to independant entities with powerful psychic powers to assert dominance upon zerg with weaker psychic power.

Overall culture is 'survival of fittest' and 'evolve out any weaknesses' from the host bodies which can vary greatly. In short a space alien virus which is infected on original species and then warp/change it to become part of greater whole. Overall faction has no political or grander goals or such than besides breeding and spreading out their species (sort virus pattern). So sort faction which you love join if you like play tentacle monsters or truly monstrous space alien which are driven to capture and breed with captives who start mutate to their new forms through sexual intercourse (victims getting to choose how they evolve depending on personality traits and innate potential).

Sounds great, and I can imagine some way they could be incorporated into breeding in a less literal fashion--people could get Kerrigan'd, for example, if players were p'interested in that.

Could also be something that'd drive together traditional enemy factions for a tag-team: everyone wants to keep the Zerg down.

Knarfy

This sounds vrry spicy. I like. :P~

So, not to be a shill, or try to hijack your game for my own nefarious purposes... (even though that's exactly what I am about to do XD)

Have you considered Godbound for this concept? It seems like a super good fit for what you are suggesting.

The rules are simple and robust, the power level is pretty much exactly what you are suggesting (mortals are mostly fodder when not in massive numbers, and sometimes not even then. Only other supernatural entities and godbound are a serious concern)

The setting you described even fits into the standard godbound meta-setting just about perfectly. Multiple disparate realms linked by a crazy extra-dimensional nexus? The rules of reality are  warped and inconsistant? Fits it almost exactly.

The not-zerg would be an easy fit for the monsters of the Uncreated Night. Really, it's a great fit.

The character rules aren't complex at all, and allow for a lot of interesting depth. I doubt it's really much more complicated than what you're doing now. Characters pretty much consist of the classic D&D stat spread (Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha) , a few 'facts' (I grew up on a farm. I was a soldier in the kings guard. ect.) Your facts are basically your skills. Any time you try to do a non-combat thing, if it's related to one of your facts, you either auto-succeed, or you get a +4 on a stat check to do it. Otherwise it's just dice+stat vs some DC. After that, you have your words of power, which are your general ways to be magic and awesome, and your gifts, which are specific ways to be magic and awesome, and your effort, which measures how much awesome you have.

On top of that, it has simple but flexible systems for characters making large, sweeping changes in both the short and long term. Simple but effective rules for running large groups of NPC combatants. Easy and evocative rules for managing the interactions and fortunes of factions, both for NPC's and players...

Oh, and it's free. You can check out the Beta rules here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4qCWY8UnLrcRGxjSmFqSWEyMk0

Anyway, sorry about being a gushy shill. This game idea just sounds right up my alley, and I really want to play godbound, and it seems like they would go together like peanut butter and chocolate... Cant blame me for trying XD

Of course, even without it being godbound, I am tentatively interested (not because it doesn't sound awesome, but my game roster is filling up, so I am having to be more choosy :)
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Faeli

I am SUPER interested!  I have always loved NC and captures and such.  I suck at powergaming though, so I expect to be captured a lot :(

Faeli

Name:  Pierce Callow
Race: Human

Backstory: Pierce was abducted at an early age by the Thermugenics Corporation.  She was forcibly enrolled in the "Adapt Geneticists" program which caused her body, if injected with significant quantities of reproductive material, to automatically reject all but the most successful match to reproduce with.  The Thermugenics Corporation expected to be able to sell subjects like her to warlords to help augment their forces with significantly stronger and smarter soldiers than could be obtained randomly and, to a point, they were right.  To a greater point, however, they simply got invaded and killed by Warlords who wanted a monopoly of, as they were more commonly known, "Science-Fucks."

Pierce has spent most of her adult life getting, well, pierced.  She is considered a very valuble stock by the various owners that have acquired her and been trained in numerous sorts of self-defense.  She is most certainly not one of the most dangerous women in the galaxy, by any stretch of the imagination, but years of experience and training by different alien species have made her, if nothing else, someone who takes a specialized squad to capture.

39   |  35  | 31  | 29 |  32  | 26   |  24   |  39

Wounds:

Inventory: TBD
Equipped: TBD

Unique Attributes: TBD

DeviantMunster

I suck at RP combat. Which is why I love loose system games put in place - so I can kick some ass from time to time!
Hrm, Godbound? Sounds interesting, though it's up to the gm!

Edit: With the 'current' system though, do we not get any ah, special abilities or the ilk?

Jezabelle

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 25, 2016, 09:45:35 PM
Edit: With the 'current' system though, do we not get any ah, special abilities or the ilk?

You do.  Rather than formalize it, we talk about your character and what you'd like to have them be able to do--based on their fluff they gain Unique Attributes.  Spiderman slings webs, maybe someone heals through masturbation, etc.  Sky's the limit.

I'll look into Godbound.  Whatever we can have the most fun with.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Knarfy on March 25, 2016, 05:24:15 PM
-snip

Very glad for the interest!  While Godbound does sound interesting, a quick glance over charGen makes it seem a wee bit more complex than this--and also AC dependent.  Part of the advantage of this system is that the enemy having lots of armour or agility doesn't make them harder to hit, aside from succeeding at dodging more often.

Maybe I'm mis-understanding it, but it's also a fresh Kickstarter that isn't even out of the campaign yet--say what you will of Warhammer 2nd Edition, it has proven to get job done (even if the built-in magic system has questionable reward for such risk).

As for the combat, I intend to accelerate it by doing 2 or 3 rounds at a time.  Players say what they'll do for each turn, roll, and then I "narrativize" the action that occurs.  Should allow plenty of room for RP/decisions within the combat without it becoming a roll back and forth without p'interesting developments.

DeviantMunster

Sounds good! So then I should post my character here then? I noticed with have a gunner, but the focus is more... fantasy, correct? Just making sure!

Faeli

Should I PM you about the TBD parts of my sheet, or will you poke me when you've reviewed it?

Knarfy

Quote from: Jezabelle on March 25, 2016, 11:04:38 PM
Very glad for the interest!  While Godbound does sound interesting, a quick glance over charGen makes it seem a wee bit more complex than this--and also AC dependent.  Part of the advantage of this system is that the enemy having lots of armour or agility doesn't make them harder to hit, aside from succeeding at dodging more often.

Maybe I'm mis-understanding it, but it's also a fresh Kickstarter that isn't even out of the campaign yet--say what you will of Warhammer 2nd Edition, it has proven to get job done (even if the built-in magic system has questionable reward for such risk).

To be fair, the asynchronous hit/dodge roll is just a different way to abstract the same thing, and it has it's own idiosyncrasies and flaws. However, I shant tarnish my gushing love for godbound by poo-pooing another system. It's really just a matter of personal preference. :D

The kickstarter is still ongoing, but the non-delux version of the rules are text complete and available at that link. Honestly, even if you don't use the full rules, I recommend checking out the faction rules (and maybe the influence/dominion rules) anyway. They are pretty system agnostic, and might be useful :)
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous