toilet issues

Started by Serephino, May 04, 2013, 10:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serephino

How do you get hardened grease out of toilet pipes?

Oniya

You might try getting some of the stuff for slow kitchen drains. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

You can also flush with hot water until the draining action speeds up.  Using a large pitcher fill it with the hottest water you can from the tap.  Just keep pouring it in to the bowl.  The toilet will self-flush.

Inkidu

If you're on a septic tank you want to avoid grease-cutting agents in large quantities, and anti-bacterial agents. It'll kill the bacteria in your tank and that will cause the thing to back up. If your connected to a sewer then go for it. Most treatment plants will get the gunk out.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Serephino

The hot water seems to have done the trick :)

Oreo

That's good since most toilet drains are made from PVC pipes. They don't do so well when they come in contact with the chemical heat of Draino.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin