What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Too many to list. I can't believe it but I think I'm starting to finally outgrow video games. Or maybe it's just that I want a Nintendo Wii so badly that I can't tolerate anything else because of the anticipation.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Sel Nar

Tekken. Any Tekken.

Derivative Brawler where the first person to get a hit in has a 90% chance of winning because each hit takes off up to 40% of more of your health bar. And the AI has the wonderful 'MK Walker' Coding, which slowly walks towards you and blocks everything you do with picosecond efficency.

Gimme Soul Calibur any day. At least they're polished enough to allow you to punish your foe for turtling as they try to walk you into a Ring-out.

Sabby

Fighting games in general. Hate every one of them. Yes, even Soul Calibur.

Paradox

My best friend throughout my childhood was enamored of fighting games. I would play Mortal Kombat and Tekken simply so he could play someone other than the computer, but I wouldn't ever purchase a game like that on my own.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Sabby

Uhg, Mortal Kombat... so slow, and clunky, and fiddly. At least you can actually pull off some combos by guessing in SC.

Shiri

Tetris World, it doesn't even work!

Doomsday

Ahh, Fable 2. My character literally looked like Satan. You know life is good when you've got a statue of Satan doing a dirty hip-dance in Oakfield.

Inkidu

Quote from: Akiko on August 26, 2009, 05:16:27 PM
You know what they say about opinions and assholes, right?

Just remember that this is YOUR opinion. I only got to play about twelve-fourteen hours of Final Fantasy Twelve, and I enjoyed what I got. I think it's just fine that you don't like it, but don't tell people that it sucks, even if they enjoy it.

Seriously, this isn't the WoW forums, n00b. L2P and all that. :P
Of course, it's my opinion, I already voiced this in the first post. So I didn't feel the need to be redundant. I'm more capable of elaborating on it... trust me.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SuperHans

Championship Manager 04. Not because of poor quality or anything, just when I think back to all the hours I wasted on the game I cringe. I got Torquay United to the Premiership. Was it worth it? Not in the least.
That's just, like, your opinion, man

O&O

Illustria

DragonballZ Burst Limit was awful. Gets boring so fast. And I hate how they did the drama scenes. Worst fighting game ever in my opinion.

Paradox

Spin the bottle.

I was a wee lad trying to snare a girl into a kiss and thought it would be a clever strategy; unfortunately, so did four other boys, so we ended up playing spin the bottle with five guys and one gal. That did not end well.  >:(

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Inkidu

Quote from: Paradox on August 27, 2009, 08:53:05 PM
Spin the bottle.

I was a wee lad trying to snare a girl into a kiss and thought it would be a clever strategy; unfortunately, so did four other boys, so we ended up playing spin the bottle with five guys and one gal. That did not end well.  >:(
1 to 5 odds... ouch.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Bayushi

Diablo 2.

Spammers abound. If you're not in a public chat channel, you get spammed whispers. If you ARE in a public chat channel, you get whisper spam and channel spam.

Then there's the dupers, the idiots who swoop in and snatch up really good 'drops', and the PKers who'll randomly join lowbie games to massacre lowbies.

It just isn't worth the hassle on Battle net, and without Battle Net, the game is one-time playthrough.

Inkidu

Kingdom Hearts. I shouldn't have to pay money to read a thirteen-year-old girl's fan-fiction.... -_-;

Bayushi

Quote from: Inkidu on August 30, 2009, 08:55:27 AMKingdom Hearts. I shouldn't have to pay money to read a thirteen-year-old girl's fan-fiction.... -_-;

I have to agree with you here, Inkidu.

What the hell was Square thinking?

Chris Brady

World of Warcraft.  Played it for three years, then got the Burning Crusade expansion, and in the end, I found I was playing for my friends rather than the game itself.  And then, I found out, I didn't have any friends, they just tolerated me.

So, no more WoW, and I find I don't miss it at all.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Philosoraptor

I keep saying the same thing...Been clean for somewhere between 6 months to a year, but maan...that new expansion's looking legit.

Chris Brady

Eh, I don't feel like soloing to 80 or whatever level cap they raise it to again.  60-70 was a bitch to do.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Bayushi

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 30, 2009, 08:20:43 PMEh, I don't feel like soloing to 80 or whatever level cap they raise it to again.  60-70 was a bitch to do.

Current level cap is 80. In the upcoming expansion, it will go up to 85.

Callie Del Noire

Not that hard.. wait a couple weeks.. get the James' guide to grinding. Then find a casual guild and just have fun with the game.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Akiko on August 30, 2009, 08:29:16 PM
Current level cap is 80. In the upcoming expansion, it will go up to 85.

I saw the Cataclysm Trailer.  No thanks.  It's not worth the grinding I'd have to do, and because I don't have any friends on WoW anymore.

Inkidu

I will never play any Sonic game that has come out for any system past the Dream Cast (Maybe the remakes). Sega... euthanize your hedgehog...

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on September 01, 2009, 09:31:43 PM
I will never play any Sonic game that has come out for any system past the Dream Cast (Maybe the remakes). Sega... euthanize your hedgehog...

NUUUUUU!!

I liked Unleashed...

Inkidu

Sabby

You didn't even like the Egg Beetle boss in Africa? That felt like the kind of boss fight a Sonic game SHOULD have!