Taliban attack in Pakistan school kills 126.

Started by Lustful Bride, December 16, 2014, 07:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taliban-storm-pakistani-school-killing-126/ar-BBgRlgW?ocid=HPCDHP

PESHAWAR, Pakistan. Taliban insurgents storm the school and began slaughtering all they could find, the majority of them being students. 126 lives gone in total, and many more sent to nearby hospitals with injuries.

I don't even have words. This is just horrible. I wish the pieces of scum who did this and planned this to spend the rest of eternity burning in the deepest pits of hell. Endless torture for them is just barely enough of what they deserve but its a start.

Thoughts and prayers go with the poor parents who have lost their children to this and may they find some calm and ease to their pain.

EDIT: Number now been raised to at least 140

gaggedLouise

Scum is the right kind of word, and it feels even more dire when it happened only a few days after Malala received her Nobel Prize (shared with Mr. Satyarthi, a great combination and two very worthy laureates). It's essentially the same kind of foul attack on schools that nearly killed her, but magnified many times over.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Kythia

TTP have been bleeding Pakistan for years now, but honestly this looks like a death throe.  I was really surprised by the suicide bombing in Lahore last month and with this following so relatively close it...I dunno.  Ironically, the rise of ISIS may be the worst think that's happened to TTP.

What bugs me is the weird terrorist logic - apparently it's in "direct retaliation" to the military operations in North Waziristan.  Which... well... if you quit massacring civilians we wouldn't have to send the fucking army in.  You don't get to "retaliate" to that, you know?

Derwaysh

Words elude me when something like this takes place. Only events like these serve as a reminder that there are still those, even amongst children, willing to put themselves on the line than let others be subject to what happened yesterday.

In both happenstances of my life when I lived there till I was 8 and then returned briefly on a military tenure, I found both adults and children like Aitzaz. That often gives me hope.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

DarkAngel111

I haven't eaten for the last 36 hours since hearing this.
Being brought up in Pakistan all my life, I went to school in a branch in karachi for the same school that was attacked, some of those people were friends, some of the teachers i knew,

I believe for times like these we need extra judicial punishments, to make sure this does not happen again. screw human rights.

Kythia

Zakharra

I can understand why. It is an appropriate response to the animals that did this.

HannibalBarca

As an educated man, I can understand the pathology behind the actions by these 'men'.  As a teacher I am horrified.  As a father, well...I'm a gentle giant, but kill a child and all bets are off.

I, too, believe this is a desperate cry by these evil men to 'notice' them, to pay attention to their demands, instead of the demands of other evil men with more power and effect on their surroundings.  How any sane person could think you would get either sympathy or support from killing children...no.  This is the definition of terrorism--to instill fear and terror, and to force those so terrorized into doing your will.  It is bullying writ with a gun.  These people have shuffled off their humanity.  They aren't doing this for a cause, but for the simple need to wave their murderous, bloody hands in the air and demand attention in an attempt to bolster their own miniscule ego.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu