READY PLAYER ONE - cyberpunk retrofuture all-fandom crossover

Started by ff, March 10, 2018, 03:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Saric on March 16, 2018, 10:51:34 AM

So why don't you? It's the 'internet of the future', more then one person can use the same image for an Avatar and that would only be the same character so it's extra accessible! :P

Besides, then Yuna can meet Yuna and need to decide if she wants to cat-fight, pull a 'sisters' act, or make out with herself! >:)

It’s ok! I already changed up my avatar ideas so it’s all good! :D

Edit: FINISHED MY SHEET!

ff

Yes, multiple users with the same avatar are 100% fine within the RP (and, given the billions of users in the OASIS as a whole, definitely happens in its ecosystem at large). And I personally (the Yuna char is mine) would not mind another Yuna at all.

That said, <3 Serah and Luna so it's nice to see them. The Altissia palace is sweet. I recall Serah had a very nice bikini costume in XIII-2. And in totally unrelated news, Croft Manor has pools.

Mallory approved.

Gabe's age (which is currently blank) should be filled in, and at least 18 (even though he's a high school junior, which is fine). Conditional on that, approved. Cool weapon choices.

THUNDERCATS, THUNDERCATS, HO

Tokyorose627

Quote from: ff on March 16, 2018, 12:40:16 PM
Yes, multiple users with the same avatar are 100% fine within the RP (and, given the billions of users in the OASIS as a whole, definitely happens in its ecosystem at large). And I personally (the Yuna char is mine) would not mind another Yuna at all.

That said, <3 Serah and Luna so it's nice to see them. The Altissia palace is sweet. I recall Serah had a very nice bikini costume in XIII-2. And in totally unrelated news, Croft Manor has pools.

Mallory approved.

Gabe's age (which is currently blank) should be filled in, and at least 18 (even though he's a high school junior, which is fine). Conditional on that, approved. Cool weapon choices.

THUNDERCATS, THUNDERCATS, HO

Oooh you’re right! Serah did have a bikini...  ;)

Tokyorose627

Can I make a second character as well? I would like to make a male cause I see we don’t have many. :3

ff

A second character is fine, in principle (post sheet here for approval like the first).

I general I would encourage you to only do so if you're sure you have the bandwidth/energy to pour into both though (better one fleshed out and frequently-posted-for character than two less-so). With the avatars, one character could masquerade as several anyway (they just can't be in multiple places at once) and avatars can vary by gender and other parameters.

But if you do have the bandwidth for two, then sure.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: ff on March 16, 2018, 01:46:57 PM
A second character is fine, in principle (post sheet here for approval like the first).

I general I would encourage you to only do so if you're sure you have the bandwidth/energy to pour into both though (better one fleshed out and frequently-posted-for character than two less-so). With the avatars, one character could masquerade as several anyway (they just can't be in multiple places at once) and avatars can vary by gender and other parameters.

But if you do have the bandwidth for two, then sure.

Thanks for the advice! I may just add male avatars to my existing character, if that’s ok?

ff

ff

ff

GET HYPE. Just saw the film, had a blast, and we are still recruiting for now.

Yukina

Just saw the film as well. I'll be working on a sheet now. :)

Yukina

Name: Sakurako Miyazaki
OASIS ID: Poppy
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Physical Residence: An apartment complex in Portland, Oregon
Height: 5'3"
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brown
Physical Description (optional if pic): Refer to picture
Voice: Well-mannered, shy feminine voice. She has a notable stutter, though she uses settings inside the OASIS to correct that.
Mannerisms: Appears generally reserved, though she is much more willing to take social steps in the game. With her current avatar though, she notably skips and prances about whenever she causally walks. Her online self usually smiles ear-to-ear while doing so.
History: Sakurako Miyazaki has always a rather meek and quiet individual. She recently moved to Portland to hopefully find a nice place to peacefully hide away in her home without any fear of interruptions. The shy bookworm always enjoyed coding and thus has always thought of the OASIS as her personal home since delved into it to escape her bully-filled school life back in middle school. It didn't allow her to completely escape those issues, but in a world of technology and pop culture, she thrived.

Avatars / Favorite Fandoms (pics encouraged): While being an avid anime fangirl, Sakurako has always been a huge Kamen Rider geek and thus she always keeps her avatar similar to the latest "rider girl" she likes with their appropriate gear. Her current avatars are based off "Poppy Pipopapo", a secondary character from the show "Kamen Rider Ex-Aid". With the character displaying multiple forms, she sticks to the one appropriate for the situation.

Casual

Combat (Armor gives greater jumping, strength, and fighting skills. Energized attacks are available, but they expend more energy) 

Virtual base, vehicles, or possessions of note:

The Den-Liner (both her base and vehicle) has been the earliest artifact she has ever owned. It functions as a flying, highly armed bullet train with a nice amount of personal living space. The front car is dedicated to piloting the craft with the bizarre control scheme of using the Machine Den-Bird as the input device. The second car holds a personal cafe. The remaining cars act functionally as large display cases for all of her stuff (mostly previous gear relating to her past avatars and a bunch of other anime and Kamen Rider memorabilia).

The Machine Den-Bird is Poppy's personal motorcycle for when a big honking train wouldn't be the most practical transport.

The Buggle Visor Zwei is currently Sakurako's personal weapon of choice. It canonically functions as 2-in-1 chainsaw and energy blaster, but she has modded its screen to act as a secondary GUI for her personal menus. When not in use, it's stored upon her belt buckle.

On's: Sakurako's tastes are quite vanilla (as she's still had yet actually have one of those encounters) and Poppy thus is the same.
Off's: Anal, Gore, Snuff
Player: Yugishogun
Theme song(s) (optional):

ff

Konnichi wa! Sakurako is accepted. At the very beginning of this thread you may have noticed the links to the character sheet thread (where you can post her now), the OOC, and the IC thread.

The very first IC post (Ruby Rhod) has the where- and why- of the initial scene of the RP. Currently most of the other characters at the party are in the main hall (where some orcs are also running amok) or the indoor pool,  and there are lots of other areas (front and back gardens, outdoor pool, indoor climbing gym, library etc.) 

Yukina

Norsegod1839

Alright I am jumping back into this! Just saw the movie and my interest has been renewed FF were you fine with the character I posted a while back?

ff

Norsegod1839

ff

Somewhere at the party...you'll probably want to read some of the most recent posts to get an idea of what's going on.

Read the very first IC post, which is short (Ruby Rhod's party invite) to get an idea of the who-what-where-when-why. Your character will be one of the golden ticket winners (as are they all). The party has been crashed by some dinosaurs (now dealt with) and orcs (cleared from the main room but still running through the halls).

Hey I've got an idea - you could add your character to the library where I did a recent post - showing the cast of Clue and Clueless who were having cigars and brandy and, well, playing Clue - they were relatively unaware of / insulted form the chaos in the main hall, so that provides an explanation for where your character has been. Or he could simply be a late arrival to the party who's just rolled up out front. 

Norsegod1839

I could do that! The library thing is it in the main thread or a side room?

ff

Yes and yes. It's in the main thread (so far there is only one IC thread, there may split into several later) but not in the main room (which is a two story dance hall with a staircase that leads to two second-floor landings overlooking the first-floor dance floor). The library is down a hallway on the first floor. Ariel the Little Mermaid has just run into the room.

Caradoc

So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Sahariel

I just discovered this thread. Based on both the GM's prompt, the player characters, and the source material, I think this may be the most interesting and original game I have seen in years. Is it too late to jump in?

ff

Nope, not too late. As you may've already seen, the beginning of this thread has the char sheet template (and it sounds ilke you have seen some of the examples), so feel free to make and post one here for approval.

Norsegod1839

Alright I'm re re jumping back in! If you will still have me FF.

Angie

In case anyone's curious, we'd still be accepting players!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!