Monster University (Seeking Male Char for Gender Change)

Started by Nazora, April 29, 2012, 08:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimera

Anyone know a good sounding japanese name for the insect monster

Haibane

Monster is bakemono
Insect is mushi

You could try ways of combining those words.

Laughing Hyena

Haibane

Kimera

Ok, I keep forgetting danbooru pictures can't be directly linked.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

So what kind of insect monster would you guys like to encounter, the horror themed one from the first post, or more toonlike, like the one in this post?

Laughing Hyena

Nazora

TK: I missed that he had a foreign name, though I will allow him to be a foreigner and keep the name because I missed that as an issue. The only thing that disturbs me is his background being from a line of wizards and what not, it does create issues with the theme of the game if allow too much of this. Since his powers are weak to start I'm going to overlook this for your character as well and let his background as long as this line is secret from other humans and is European or Western heritage. Though I'd rather not have his line associated with fighting monsters, as the monsters are primarily a concern of the magical girls and don't want other organizations created to fight monsters (Besides the ones I think up of course)

The only remaining problem is the need to work out why he came to Henkaku university, because if he is in this game I prefer him enrolled as a student. Him being a scholarship to Henkaku that is merely a lure to get him recruited is the only thing I can think of that makes sense to me.

I think these tweaks will be best for everyone in the game, and I hope you still have desire to join.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Haibane

I'm slightly squicked out by insects. Not so much real ones but the big ones you see in some tentacle rape image collections. I've never seen the attraction in being raped by a giant hornet or cockroach *shudders*

Maybe your swarm of things could each be very small as Nazora suggested and not very creepy-crawly? Maybe some kind of larvae or something? Or snake, or worm?

Or you can carry on and have whatever you wish just... please don't bring it near any of my characters!

Annie

Quote from: Haibane on May 18, 2012, 10:17:17 PM
I'm slightly squicked out by insects. Not so much real ones but the big ones you see in some tentacle rape image collections. I've never seen the attraction in being raped by a giant hornet or cockroach *shudders*

Maybe your swarm of things could each be very small as Nazora suggested and not very creepy-crawly? Maybe some kind of larvae or something? Or snake, or worm?

Or you can carry on and have whatever you wish just... please don't bring it near any of my characters!

I agree with you on that. O_o

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Kimera

Hmmm....Well I wouldn't enjoy playing something everyone is uncomfortable with.

I'll see if I can find anything small that could be used as a swarm and isn't too creepy. (I refuse pokemon-ish creatures though)

Leeches/worms? Maybe something with a hive-mind. http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=210253
(still pretty nasty, but closer to true tentacles)

Eels: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1117530

Big Worm: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1352483

Or something else entirely....

Annie

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Laughing Hyena

What about frogs or reptile minions? Those are typically popular aren't they? Particularly in japan mythology?

Haibane

Kimera, see here.

I didn't want explicit images in the public area, all are NSFW BTW.

We can continue the conversation here though. Chrystal did an amazing game recently with a hive mind creature so go to her for tips as to how to play it. She did it brilliantly referring to itself as "we" and "us" all the time. I found it well written and very creepy at the same time. You would need to be careful and keep focussed while drafting your posts but I think the effort would be worth it.

GloomCookie

I'm interested, and would like to know what roles you need.  Do you want another Savior or do you want someone else?
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Nazora

I'm not in dire need of another Savior character, but I can still use them. I really need students, as students are versatile enough to become anything within the flow of the game, and I want the savior characters to begin as students or civilians as other forms. Any character that starts as a student can become a candidate for a Savior, or become a magical girl for another organization. I also need monsters who are aligned with MAWD, but the primary need is for students and even faculty as they are the most flexible characters.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Kimera

Name: Hirunagi’Ishuu

Picture:
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=210253
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1117530

Affiliation: The Ishuu have allied themselves with MAWD since they lack the ability to cross dimensions on their own. Part of the swarm often assist other more powerful monsters.

Type: Cell or Blob (as a swarm, they move almost liquidlike)

Weigh & Height: An individual Hirunagi weights between a couple 100 gram to about a kilo. As a swarm they use their combined weight to pull down much larger prey.

Influence: All Hirunagi are mentally linked into the hive mind Hirunagi’Ishuu, which controls all of them.

Description: Hirunagi are slimy leechlike worms that come in several types. The most common are only a foot and form the bulk of the swarm and have a pink fleshy color. A second variety exists that is more eel-like, 3-4 feet in length and a darker, almost black skin. Sometimes they seem to bundle together into a tangled, more unified mass. A Queen, Nexus of the Hirunagi Tangle exist, but none have seen it as of this point.

Abilities/Powers/Feeding: The only true power Hirunagi’Ishuu possesses is that all are one. While an individual is relatively weak, people mistaking them for mindless slugs will learn the hard way that all Hirunagi coordinate perfectly with each other.

Hirunagi are vulnerable to extreme heat and shun strong sources of UV-light and thus prefer dark and humid places. Lakes, pools, cellars, sewers and waterways are all perfect areas to hide. Their preferred hideout is inside their prey as it also instantly provides them with their foodsource.

They feed on the emotional energies of pleasure, pain, fear, desperation and humiliation. All types of emotions usually released when they attack or when they take up residence inside a human. Those that feed transmit the absorbed energy to the hive across dimensions, making sure their queen and the swarm as a whole is fed.

Although they prefer to appear mindless, sometimes the hive-mind will make contact with their prey, taunting with their mind and humiliating them further.

Chrystal

Quote from: Nazora on May 19, 2012, 06:52:20 PM
I also need monsters who are aligned with MAWD, but the primary need is for students and even faculty as they are the most flexible characters.

Non-aligned Monsters are going to get a rude awakening...

Kimera, you can be aligned if you wish, or you can be non-aligned and join MAWD later.

Naz, I agree we should have more aligned monsters, but I'm thinking I would like to have some NPC "enforcers", basically the minister's secretary and bodyguard - big powerful demon types that are there to beat the living carp out of any monster that refuses to affiliate to MAWD...

Oh and I think the head of MAWD on the island should be able to forcibly re-affiliate rogue monsters by ... shall we say, "interesting" methods?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Laughing Hyena

Kimera

Made them allied to MAWD. Since they lack the ability to cross dimentions on their own, they assist MAWD in exchange to be able to invade the earth.

Maybe they assist other more powerful monsters aswell?

Blue Leah

Quote from: Nazora on May 18, 2012, 07:37:24 PM
TK: I missed that he had a foreign name, though I will allow him to be a foreigner and keep the name because I missed that as an issue. The only thing that disturbs me is his background being from a line of wizards and what not, it does create issues with the theme of the game if allow too much of this. Since his powers are weak to start I'm going to overlook this for your character as well and let his background as long as this line is secret from other humans and is European or Western heritage. Though I'd rather not have his line associated with fighting monsters, as the monsters are primarily a concern of the magical girls and don't want other organizations created to fight monsters (Besides the ones I think up of course)

The only remaining problem is the need to work out why he came to Henkaku university, because if he is in this game I prefer him enrolled as a student. Him being a scholarship to Henkaku that is merely a lure to get him recruited is the only thing I can think of that makes sense to me.

I think these tweaks will be best for everyone in the game, and I hope you still have desire to join.

I think that I'll sit down and write up a new concept later tonight. See if I can come up with something that fits the vision for the game better.

Blue Leah

Alright. Attempt #2 for the Savior-in-Training.

Generic Image
Player Name:TK

Character Name: Hibiki Inoue

Alignment: None Yet

Powers: None Yet. Future powers will be based off of Sound / Music, based on how story progresses.

Personality: There are social butterflies, and there are those who are more comfortable as far from others' eyes as possible. Ever since he was a child, Hibiki was the latter. Quiet, awkward, and never quite at home in his own skin, Hibiki has spent the past fifteen years of his life doing everything he can to stay out of sight and out of mind for everyone but his family and one particularly close friend. As such, he's always firmly in the middle- on the track, he makes sure he never comes in first or last, and in the classroom his grades are average to a fault. And when it comes to socializing, he's far more likely to sit off in a corner with a book and some tunes blasting through his old, beat up headphones than he is to sit with a group and chat away the afternoon...

Appearance: Hibiki is slender and lean, with the slightly-tanned skin of someone who spends just enough time outside to keep from taking on a computer-screen glow. While he's not exceptionally neat, his clothes are kept pressed and his hair is kept trim, all to that goldilocks standard of "just right without standing out." Pretty much the only part of him that shines are his eyes- two dark, brown orbs that watch the world around him with the same intensity and energy that he uses to avoid being watched himself.

Background: When he was much, much younger, Hibiki was every bit as boisterous and outgoing as one would expect from a bouncing four-year-old... but one day, after he and a classmate from his kindergarten got lost in the woods outside his parents' hometown, that changed. The other little boy was never found, but when Hibiki was found late that night he was a whole different person. For a full year, he wouldn't say a word, even to his parents... and even once he did start talking again, his personality was muted and withdrawn. He's never told anyone what happened on that day, or why they could not find his classmate. The only thing his parents and others have been able to note is that since then, he has been strangely drawn to music- from humming to concerts, classical to pop, japanese or foreign, the young man collects and listens to anything and everything he can get his hands on. Like he's searching for a sound that only he can hear among the notes...

Same as before, I'll need to iron out the history a little bit more. Hopefully, though, this fits the game a little bit better.

Kimera

Haibane

I like him!

Kimera, you can see the pic if you "quote" the post then copy/paste the img URL into a new browser tab.

Kimera

Blue Leah